pixeltracker

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows- Page 2

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows

MegInManhattan
#25Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:12pm

The Clintons (Bill, Hillary and Chelsea) at "All The Way" last year. Having the secret service presence caused an extra stir compared to most celebrities, and them being at a presidential themed play felt like a special moment.

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#26Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:17pm

Speaking of Gerard Butler, he was at "Fun Home" Saturday night.

RingOfKeys2 Profile Photo
RingOfKeys2
#27Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:27pm

I saw Sondheim when I saw The Lion. He gave it a standing ovation - seemed to love it. 

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#28Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:34pm

The person I see most often at shows is Judith Light.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#29Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:52pm

Oh and George HW Bush & Barbara Bush at In the Heights in Houston.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#30Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 1:57pm

I also saw the Clintons Saturday night at AAIP, and I spoke to Hillary at intermission and asked for a photo. She was lovely.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#31Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:10pm

I saw Joan Rivers at an off-Broadway show called The Receptionist.  She actually fell asleep  during it..lol

i also saw Jerry Seinfeld and his wife at The Starry Messenger, Whoopie at Rock of Ages, Mel Brooks (can't remember the show), SJP, Martin Short and Tony Bennett  at Nice Work, Kenny G at Its Only A Play.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#32Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:15pm

I saw Liza early in the run of Mormon.

In person, she looks strikingly like her mother.

bfreak
#33Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:42pm

"Most recently, at Hand to God, I saw Sutton Foster. At The Elephant Man, Steven Spielberg was sitting two rows ahead of me and I saw Katie Holmes in the lobby during intermission. In January at On The Town, I was sitting across the aisle from Jerry Stiller (they also called him out for the start of act 2).
A few years ago I was standing behind Didi Conn in the bathroom line at the Al Hirschfeld (I forget which show, though). I also Lance Bass at Priscilla. "

I was at that same performance of The Elephant Man but I missed out. I saw Katie Holmes there, but not Steven Spielberg!!!! He is one of my all-time favorite directories and now I'm disappointed I missed him but what are you gonna do I guess.

LoganBerry Profile Photo
LoganBerry
#34Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 3:02pm

I was sitting directly behind Paul Mcartney at CABARET this past winter. In his row but alittle more house right was JLaw.

There's a moment when everything changes... and you wonder "What if...?"

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#35Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 3:09pm

I saw Ralph Fiennes, Edward Norton, and Woody Harrelson all at the same performance of Cabaret during Emma Stone's first week. Edward and Woody were sitting together; Ralph seemed to be there separately.

Just before the last Cabaret revival closed, when Adam Pascal was the Emcee, I sat next to John Stamos.

And on Valentine's Day, I sat in front of Billy Eichner at Hedwig. Not super famous (yet), but I adore him.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#36Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 3:25pm

Wow, the chance to chat with Hillary Clinton, at this time in history and rather than say something you asked for a picture, how extremely lame.

Stephanatic

bluetuna
#37Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 3:28pm

I saw Jason Alexander at "Next to Normal," Victor Garber at "Something Rotten," and Michael Greif and Camryn Manheim at "Evita."

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#38Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 3:40pm

I've seen a good number, but perhaps the most fun was at Fun Home a few weeks ago. Idina Menzel, Andrew Rannells, and (right in front of him) Angela Lansbury were all in the house. I was sitting practically right across the theater from the Dame and kept checking her reactions. She didn't seem to enjoy it...

My good friend has run into Hugh Jackman on three separate occasions.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#39Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:04pm

I've only actually seen celebs at one performance but when I saw Hedwig I saw both Anne Hathaway and Dakota Fanning.

VintageSnarker
#40Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:06pm

I sat next to Marin Mazzie once. I'm pretty OK with not spotting celebrities as I'd probably just be awkward/not approach them anyway. If there's someone I'd really want to meet I'd prefer it to be in a stage door scenario where I know they're fine with being approached. The one exception is probably Sondheim. OK, also Lea Salonga.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#41Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:36pm

I saw one of the last previews of Bullets Over Broadway and later found out that Taylor Swift was there!! So mad I didn't see her! 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

trensalores
#42Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:42pm

At the penultimate performance of Once, I sat next to two OBC members (Elizabeth A. Davis and David Abeles) and in front of us were Steven Hoggett and Sara Bareilles! 

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#43Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:53pm

Sat directly across the aisle from Audra McDonald at Hedwig with Michael C. Hall in December! She was by herself, just marveling at the show!

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#44Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:56pm

I saw Elizabeth Shue exit the stage door at The Book of Mormon

Tobey Maguire at Gentleman's Guide

Bruce Vilanch at The Visit

broadfan327
#45Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 5:03pm

Jesse Tyler Ferguson was at The King and I I saw George Lucas walk into a show (I forget which one), and I sat close to Christine Baranski once. I saw Tom Hanks at South Pacific, and Neil Patrick Harris at First Date.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#46Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 5:15pm

I sat a few rows in front of Christian Borle at Mystery of Edwin Drood. he was very vocally encouraging people to vote for Gregg Edelmann. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#47Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 5:16pm

I met Neil Patrick Harris at Finian's Rainbow. He was incredibly rude to my mother and I, and I won't ever forget that. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#48Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 5:30pm

what happened?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

grstp
#49Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows
Posted: 6/1/15 at 5:50pm

Can you explain?

Videos