pixeltracker

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...- Page 4

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#75Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:45pm

I mean it HAS to re-open with a revival of In The Heights, right? Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

The Lion Roars Profile Photo
The Lion Roars
#76Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:46pm

So spongebob could have stayed! These idiots. Why not let the show run till its time!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#77Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:49pm

It did run till its time.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#78Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/5/18 at 11:19pm

I think the whole thing sounds incredible and will only be better for future productions - more space, etc. 

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#79Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/5/18 at 11:35pm

Too bad they’re not widening the sidewalks. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#80Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/6/18 at 11:14am

The Lion Roars said: "So spongebob could have stayed! These idiots. Why not let the show run till its time!"

What about this news makes you think Spongebob could have stayed? They're beginning construction...

Also, Spongebob was suffering without this construction.

James Kerrigan2
#81Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/9/18 at 10:22pm

the lobby seemed smaller during SpongeBob then it did during Annie which was strange. they definitely need more lobby space that always annoys me about Broadway theatre's the lobby's are so small.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#82Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/9/18 at 10:34pm

Too small for what? A lobby makes no money, seats make money.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LightsOut90
#83Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/9/18 at 11:20pm

i still dont understand how they are physically going to do this but ok

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#84Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/9/18 at 11:39pm

LightsOut90 said: "i still dont understand how they are physically going to do this but ok"

Well obviously you aren’t an engineer

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#85Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/10/18 at 10:10am

Its similar to how they moved the AMC Empire on 42nd street down the street, just up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#86Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/10/18 at 5:09pm

Cool article on them moving the AMC Empire Theater.    https://cryptome.org/jya/empire.htm

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#87Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/10/18 at 5:45pm

dramamama611 said: "Too small for what? A lobby makes no money, seats make money. "

Some of the lobbies of the theaters I’ve been to also make money for somebody: by selling ALL those noisy snacks, cool drinks, and loverly Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet... souvenirs. Some of the ones in Pittsburgh also had season ticket information, individual sales literature, and ways to become a donating member. Lobbies are also where people congregate prior to the main auditorium doors opening and during the show’s intermission. The lobby of the State Theater in Cleveland is probably the most beautiful I’ve ever been in. It’s stunning. Lobbies are the “welcome to our theater” space. Lobbies are very important. 

Br0adway
#88Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/15/18 at 10:05pm

Saw Spongebob and the only thing I could think of was how are they going to pull this off. This theatre is MASSIVE.

We sat in second to last row in balcony so we saw basically nothing which is why I was thinking about this the whole time.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#89Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/21/18 at 8:33pm

Take a look at the redevelopment plans for the  Palace Theater

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/9/19/17878346/times-square-palace-theater-redevelopment-new-york

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

whatdoesntkillme
#90Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/21/18 at 10:50pm

Those images are awful. How the hell are they expecting to be able to throw a huge concert in the middle of Times Square? I can't believe this is actually happening.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#91Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/21/18 at 11:17pm

The money they can use to help the city’s homeless people and they’re spending it on this monstrosity

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#92Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 2:52am

I love architecture, but that's hideous. I hate the video screens. But I understand it. But i wish they could leave a portion so we could see the outside of the Palace, just like a little bit. I wonder what the marquee would look like? 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#93Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 7:46am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "The money they can use to help the city’s homeless people and they’re spending it on this monstrosity "

Agreed.

I do like the new Palace marquee location & concept. The rest is just....not pleasing to the eye. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

rg7759
#94Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 9:34am

raising the theatre is one thing. id be shocked if this doesnt get scaled back in some way. so every time they need new wallpaper theyre just going to knock down the entire building? i really fear in the end were just going to get an 'oops, the theatre couldnt be saved. sorry'

Browneyes142
#95Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 11:41am

I love this quote from one of the articles (I'm sorry I don't remember which one): "Commissioner John Gustafsson differed from Goldblum, saying that, unlike the theaters on the side streets, loitering outside the theater isn’t something to be savored in this case. It is something to be endured. "

The last time I went, that's what it felt like. Times Square was so crowded, we could barely even get out of the lobby.

As far as the new aesthetic, not so excited but conceptually, I like moving the entrance and letting the lobby be more the place to hang out.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#96Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 6:22pm

RippedMan said: "I love architecture, but that's hideous. I hate the video screens. But I understand it. But i wish they could leave a portion so we could see the outside of the Palace, just like a little bit. I wonder what the marquee would look like?"

https://newyorkyimby.com/2015/11/palace-theater-to-be-lifted-29-feet-for-expanded-facilities-and-retail.html

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#97Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 9:05pm

Are they saying Hamilton is moving to palace or is that just concept art?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#98Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/22/18 at 10:12pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Are they saying Hamilton is moving to palace or is that just concept art?"

You know the answer to that question, come on now.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#99Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:11am

"Demolition of 1567 Broadway Set to Begin This Winter..."

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/09/demolition-of-1568-broadway-set-to-begin-this-winter-for-a-ground-up-overhaul-called-tsx-broadway-in-times-square.html

I think some more details and a few more renderings are in there, but not sure.