pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 126

The Official TDF Thread

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#3125The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/26/22 at 8:39pm

laporms said: "I just realized teachers have access to TDF subscriptions.

If I am planning a trip, how far in advance do shows typically end up on here? I would like to maximize the year.

Also, are these similar offerings to what's available at the booth?
"

Hi! Shows can be put on TDF super last minute (like a day or two before the show) or further out, but I wouldn't expect more than a month or two.

The offerings are totally separate from TKTS. There are different seats allotted to each (when shows do both). You'll typically see a lot more Broadway shows on TKTS than TDF, but there is usually still a solid amount of Broadway stuff and TDF will have a ton of Off-Broadway shows, Off-Off-Broadway shows, concerts, cabarets, and other really unique offerings.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#3126The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/27/22 at 7:52am

I was surprised A CHRISTMAS CAROL is up for almost every performance while also grossing around 850k. That's a interesting combo.

TwentyThingamabobs
#3127The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/27/22 at 2:11pm

Piano Lesson on 12/25 - received right mezz, 3rd row, all the way on the end (2 together). Didn’t feel like we missed anything other than a handful of times someone was out of view.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#3128The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/27/22 at 2:27pm

BJR said: "I was surprised A CHRISTMAS CAROL is up for almost every performance while also grossing around 850k. That's a interesting combo."

It's after Christmas, so demand for a Christmas Carol is probably WAY down. I also believe that they've been able a to make a lot because people will pay a ton to see A Christmas Carol, but haven't been selling out. Unlike a show like Kimberly Akimbo or Leopoldstadt, their audience is very different than the TDF subscriber base. It doesn't hurt them much to give us access to a few hundred unsold tickets.

MatthewS1
#3129The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/31/22 at 1:08am

Ohio State Murders Matinee on 12/30- received Orchestra B12, last seat in the row. Perfect view of a gripping production. 

Updated On: 12/31/22 at 01:08 AM

JT2030 Profile Photo
JT2030
#3130The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/3/23 at 6:30pm

Kimberly Akimbo is up (first time, I believe?) for performances 1/10/13 - 1/12/13 next week.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3131The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/3/23 at 7:44pm

JT2030 said: "Kimberly Akimbois up (first time, I believe?) for performances 1/10/13 - 1/12/13 next week."

Yes, its first time up to my knowledge. The strategy seemed to be "hold off as long as possible to get people to buy close to full price," but now they need to fill seats.

njguy2
#3132The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 10:44am

Got my Kimberly tickets for next Wednesday. They appear to be going quickly. Very excited to see this.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#3133The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:26am

I'm new to TDF. How often do they update the offers?  I'm kinda surprised at the lack of offers, specifically for Bdwy rn, considering we have begun the lean winter months. 

alexidarling15
#3134The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:31am

I'm really surprised at the lack of offers too. I've been a member only since last spring but this is as slim as I've seen it. And when I check the official ticket sites for many of the shows, I see plenty of seats. Do they just pare back their TDF allotments around this time of year?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3135The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:36am

Bill Snibson said: "I'm new to TDF. How often do they update the offers? I'm kinda surprised at the lack of offers, specifically for Bdwy rn, considering we have begun the lean winter months."

There will be plenty of offers soon, I'm sure. Just sit tight and check regularly. :)

seussical93
#3136The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 12:30pm

kimberly akimbo wink

CultClassicLover
#3137The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 4:47pm

Anyone seen Lepoldstat through TDF and can comment on their seat location? Thanks!

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#3138The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 5:21pm

CultClassicLover said: "Anyone seen Lepoldstat through TDF and can comment on their seat location? Thanks!"

I did about 6 weeks ago. Orchestra Row L seats 9 & 11. It was perfect. That theatre works for side orchestra. 

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#3139The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 5:37pm

I saw Kimberly Akimbo in early previews on TDF. It’s back up for the first time since then and I already got my ticket to see it again next week!

Be Kind

Ptero2
#3140The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:13pm

CultClassicLover said: "Anyone seen Lepoldstat through TDF and can comment on their seat location? Thanks!"

Center mezz row B on Christmas Eve.

PipingHotPiccolo
#3141The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:42pm

alexidarling15 said: "I'm really surprised at the lack of offers too. I've been a member only since last spring but this is as slim as I've seen it. And when I check the official ticket sites for many of the shows, I see plenty of seats. Do they just pare back their TDF allotments around this time of year?"

Flummoxed by these comments. Aside from Into the Woods, Hadestown, Leopolsdadt and now Kimberly Akimbo popping up here and there, the following shows have been on TDF consistently since they opened: TopDog Underdog, Death of a Salesman, Piano Lesson, Some Like It Hot, Ohio State Murders, Almost Famous. 

What more can you expect of a discount ticketing site? 

Bill Snibson
#3142The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/23 at 11:56pm

Those only just added on. When I commented there were 4 shows one of which was Shucked for March! Many shows are hurting so I was expecting a lot more inventory is all. 

Ptero2
#3143The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/5/23 at 12:01am

Do I dare buy a ticket to the first performance of Shucked? $57 actually feels kind of steep for some reason...

PipingHotPiccolo
#3144The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/5/23 at 12:12am

Bill Snibson said: "Those only just added on. When I commented there were 4 shows one of which was Shucked for March! Many shows are hurting so I was expecting a lot more inventory is all."

Maybe since Xmas week there has been a shift, but i listed six shows that have been on there EVERY DAY and at least four or five more that have appeared pretty regularly. 

forfivemoreminutes
#3145The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/5/23 at 4:16pm

Pictures From Home is up on TDF for most performances between January 10-January 31. If anyone goes, please report back where your seats were! 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3146The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/5/23 at 6:02pm

forfivemoreminutes said: "Pictures From Home is up on TDF for most performances between January 10-January 31. If anyone goes, please report back where your seats were!"

They must have gone fast. I just looked and it is not up.

Just give the world Love.

PipingHotPiccolo
#3147The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:16pm

Ohio State Murders tonight, far left Row H Orch. Somewhat obstructed but good enough seat. And was pleasantly surprised that the better front mezz/orch seats all seemed to be taken.

Bill Snibson
#3148The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/6/23 at 8:34pm

"Funny Girl" with Ephie Aardema just showed up for 1/12. Not sure if she's even been on yet or what her take on the part is but it's available. Also lots of "Pictures from Home" availability.

hollebolle
#3149The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/9/23 at 9:44am

With all of this month's closings, there are currently only two Broadway shows available on TDF: Take Me Out and Shucked (which doesn't start performances until March!). 

I was able to snag a ticket to the first preview of Pictures from Home this Friday, which I'm excited for.