pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway- Page 3

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#50Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:41pm

I will be in NY November 15 to the 20th.

Please let this show start previews before then, so I can see this. 

JM226
#51Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:41pm

smidge said: "I wonder if they'll stay with John Dossett or have Michael Park come back.  They can't go wrong either way. Very happy to get a chance to see this again

"

park is coming back. he was supremely better than dosset in the role, so i'm selfishly happy about it. 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#52Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:43pm

Maybe its going into the Longacre? Golden?

Updated On: 5/25/16 at 05:43 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:46pm

I'm hoping they do some solid replacement casting, aside from Ben Platt, Rachel Bay Jones, and Jennifer Laura Thompson. Other than those three, I was really not all too wowed.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#54Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:49pm

I liked Dossett, but I missed Park's warmth. I coincidentally saw Tuck Everlasting the same week I saw Dear Evan Hansen, and really missed him. I didn't dislike Dossett, but glad to hear that Park may be (?) back.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#55Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:50pm

To me it seems like they're hoping for a theater with a tenant that hasn't announced a closing date (Cort, Jacobs, Schoenfeld), otherwise they would have just announced that it was going into one of the theaters we already know is going to be vacant by fall.  I'd imagine they have backup deals if those occupied theaters stay occupied.

rjm516
#56Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 6:01pm

So so so happy for all involved and SO happy that I can see this show again! And that this means they will probably make a recording! <3 

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#57Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:05pm

I had heard it was the Broadhurst... but I'm hoping all of this secrecy means that Dangerous Liasons goes to the Broadhurst (where it could still easily do well) and DEH ends up at the Booth. That would certainly allow it to stay open until Tony time... 

Of course they could also just be waiting for American Psycho to buckle. 

Updated On: 5/25/16 at 07:05 PM

pupscotch
#58Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:27pm

The only current theater choices are the Broadhurst, the Belasco, the Barrymore, the Golden, the Longacre, or the Lyceum. Other theaters could conceivably become open, but these are the only ones which will currently be open at that time.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#59Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:47pm

Could this work in Circle in the Square? The theater could be set up similarly as Lady Day, with the projections on the back wall. 

Also, would Second Stage put this in the Helen Hayes? Would there be time to refurbish it? 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#60Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:53pm

It's going into a Shubert house, so Circle in the Sqaure and the Helen Hayes aren't options. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#61Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:21pm

wonderfulwizard11 said: "I agree that he won't be recast, but maybe hold off on the Tony predictions so soon? There's a ton of stuff that hasn't even been announced yet- literally no one and nothing is a lock for a Tony ceremony over a year away. "

Except for last year when it was obvious to everyone that Hamilton was a lock.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

mpkie
#62Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:31pm

Yay! Good for them! I remember being quite impressed with the show. Though I didn't love everything about it, it was still one of the best new musicals I've seen recently.

Aside from three male leads, who I thought had great chemistry, and Rachel Bay Jones, who blew me the heck away, I was unimpressed with the rest of the cast, so I wouldn't mind a little solid cast replacement.

I didn't know that Michael Park was in it originally, so I saw his replacement. I thought Michael was rather one of the better bits in Tuck Everlasting, so that bodes well!

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#63Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:35pm

I do hope that they grow the cast a bit... we could use a few ensemble members on the stage during school scenes etc... and a bit more diversity as well please. Thank you. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#64Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:48pm

Yay! Couldn't be happier for everyone involved! 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#65Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:21pm

Definitely a lock for the Tony Award for Best Spitter

rangersrule132
#66Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:33pm

bwaylyric said: "Definitely a lock for the Tony Award for Best Spitter

"

you have won the internet today. congratulations! the first two rows are splash zones for ben platt 

Tito3
#67Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 10:04pm

Do you guys think this show will be a total hit in a way there'll be sold out tickets in the first three months of run. I'm planning to visit the city in January and would like to know if it's best for me to get my tickets as soon as they begin selling. Thanks!

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#68Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 11:39pm

MadonnaMusical said: "I do hope that they grow the cast a bit... we could use a few ensemble members on the stage during school scenes etc... and a bit more diversity as well please. Thank you. 

"Why would u call this show to have more diversity?  Did you call out the colour purple for not being diverse...shuffle along....Hamilton...those don't seem particularly diverse...nor should they be.  We are telling finite stories here about a group of people in a certain situation.  Wether that is a group of African americans, a mixed group of friends or a story about white guys.  This is storytelling not the united colours of benneton.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#69Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 12:00am

I saw the show at Arena Stage and while I enjoyed it, it was alarming that the only non-white people seen on stage were in the projections. I'm glad they at least went a little further when it came to Broadway.

I'm not white.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

VintageSnarker
#70Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 12:08am

" "Why would u call this show to have more diversity?  Did you call out the colour purple for not being diverse...shuffle along....Hamilton...those don't seem particularly diverse...nor should they be.  We are telling finite stories here about a group of people in a certain situation.  Wether that is a group of African americans, a mixed group of friends or a story about white guys.  This is storytelling not the united colours of benneton."

I get (though I really don't agree with) the point you're making, but in what world is Hamilton not diverse? Come on now. Out of curiosity, where does the show take place? That is, where is the school located?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#71Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 12:11am

I believe it's briefly mentioned at one point that it takes place in California. It also would explain why they are in summer clothes the entire time. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/26/16 at 12:11 AM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#72Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 12:24am

all_that_jazz said: "MadonnaMusical said: "I do hope that they grow the cast a bit... we could use a few ensemble members on the stage during school scenes etc... and a bit more diversity as well please. Thank you. 

"Why would u call this show to have more diversity?  Did you call out the colour purple for not being diverse...shuffle along....Hamilton...those don't seem particularly diverse...nor should they be.  We are telling finite stories here about a group of people in a certain situation.  Wether that is a group of African americans, a mixed group of friends or a story about white guys.  This is storytelling not the united colours of benneton."

It's unfortunate that your idea of what's possible through storytelling is limited to the extent that you need everything depicted literally before you for it to make sense. I won't even address the social significance of continuing to encourage diversity on stage, but you'll miss out on a lot of great theatre with thinking like that. 

Updated On: 5/26/16 at 12:24 AM

skies Profile Photo
skies
#73Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 1:09am

all_that_jazz said: "MadonnaMusical said: "I do hope that they grow the cast a bit... we could use a few ensemble members on the stage during school scenes etc... and a bit more diversity as well please. Thank you. 

"Why would u call this show to have more diversity?  Did you call out the colour purple for not being diverse...shuffle along....Hamilton...those don't seem particularly diverse...nor should they be.  We are telling finite stories here about a group of people in a certain situation.  Wether that is a group of African americans, a mixed group of friends or a story about white guys.  This is storytelling not the united colours of benneton.

"

It's a contemporary musical, and as such, more diversity in the cast certainly  wouldn't detract the story line at all.  Now before someone accuses me of demanding  racial  quotas, I think the "colors of Benneton" are already a fabric of this country (no pun intended) and seeing that reflected on stage isn't some outlandish wish, and that it is different from mandating it in every production.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

aaaaaa15
#74Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 3:11am

all_that_jazz said: "Hamilton...those don't seem particularly diverse...nor should they be."

Please inform me how a musical that features white, black, asian and latino actors all playing named roles is not considered diverse. 

Updated On: 5/26/16 at 03:11 AM