WAR PAINT on Broadway

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#75WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 4:36pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#76WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 4:37pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

kayleefabulous Profile Photo
kayleefabulous
#77WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 4:40pm

Robbie2 said: "WAR PAINT on Broadway

"

Hey, I took this picture (naughtily during curtain call)! where did you get it? 

Whateverjsays
#78WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 4:58pm

I'm really going to need tickets to go on sale. I am so excited for this. The pictures are gorgeous 

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#79WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 5:28pm

CindersGolightly said: "That website is gorgeous. Elizabeth and Helena would be proud.

"

I hope that clean/simple logo is replacing that cluttered cityscape one that made no sense.

stevie3
#80WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 9:17pm

Please people, don't get to excited about this production of War Paint. It may be a good show but the fact that it is going over to the Nederlader Theatre says something right there. That Theatre is a curse. Even what I consider the Best show on Broadway the last 15 years closed 6 months after it opened. If it had gone at a Theatre on 45th Street it would of been a Blockbuster and would of run for years. I'm talking about Honeymoon in Vegas !!!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#81WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 10:20pm

The theatre says nothing about the shows chance of surviving. If the theatre was cursed how was newsies able to be there for nearly four years?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#82WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 10/31/16 at 10:42pm

OMG Nederland is cursed?! Oh no!! *insert eye roll here*

As for your earlier question Jorge, about whether Marc Platt is a producer/investor for DEH - I think Liza mentioned it. I wonder if it was just a calculated guess considering Ben is headlining the show, or had some truth to it.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 10/31/16 at 10:42 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#83WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/7/16 at 10:17pm

New artworkWAR PAINT on Broadway

Updated On: 11/7/16 at 10:17 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#84WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/7/16 at 11:07pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#85WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/7/16 at 11:13pm

Really? It's pretty ugly. So much could be done with the name WAR PAINT and make-up products. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#86WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/7/16 at 11:28pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Absolutely gorgeous!

Absolutely Hideous ! It's all about make-up Queens and not Geisha girls !

My original avatar[which I can't find] was better than this.Finally found and this was part of the exhibition-Jean Paul Gaultier.

Updated On: 11/8/16 at 11:28 PM

perfectliar
#87WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/7/16 at 11:45pm

stevie3 said: "Please people, don't get to excited about this production of War Paint. It may be a good show but the fact that it is going over to the Nederlader Theatre says something right there. That Theatre is a curse. Even what I consider the Best show on Broadway the last 15 years closed 6 months after it opened. If it had gone at a Theatre on 45th Street it would of been a Blockbuster and would of run for years. I'm talking about Honeymoon in Vegas !!!!"

If you ignore the fact that Rent ran for well over a decade there, and Newsies soon after, then sure.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#88WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 12:11pm

I'm thinking, the artwork could be improved by doing a split face, head-on and not a profile, with each side having a "football" line under each eye in their respective color...

They could cross-promo with the Super Bowl. Rofl

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#89WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 12:17pm

" Don't miss Lupone and Ebersole, conjoined at the ear!!"

"...and in a bed."

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#90WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 1:03pm

I love the artwork and the logo treatment. I fail to see anything wrong with it. 

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#91WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 1:06pm

I like it.  It has a somewhat vintage look about it.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#92WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 1:13pm

stevie3 said: "the fact that it is going over to the Nederlader Theatre says something right there. That Theatre is a curse. Even what I consider the Best show on Broadway the last 15 years closed 6 months after it opened. If it had gone at a Theatre on 45th Street it would of been a Blockbuster and would of run for years. I'm talking about Honeymoon in Vegas !!!!"

Yeah, RENT closed there after only 12 years of performances, four Tony wins, and a Pulitzer... and Newsies even did 2+ years there after booking in for a 16-week limited engagement...

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#93WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 1:26pm

icecreambenjamin said: "I like it.  It has a somewhat vintage look about it.

That was what came to mind. It reminded me of those old sketched cosmetic ads that used to run in the NY Times. 

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#94WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 1:30pm

Even what I consider the Best show on Broadway the last 15 years closed 6 months after it opened. If it had gone at a Theatre on 45th Street it would of been a Blockbuster and would of run for years. I'm talking about Honeymoon in Vegas !!!!

I think that pretty much tells you that a rational response will only fall on deaf ears.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#95WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 2:48pm

I love the art. very appropriate, with the classy deco look and the profiles facing away from each other.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#96WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 3:19pm

I thought this had great buzz in Chicago (at least on this forum)...and now that it's coming to Broadway people are saying it's pretty mediocre.

At any rate, I wonder how much will change by the time it opens here.

ncgator
#97WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 3:25pm

FYI...looks like the AMEX presale has started via Ticketmaster.  I am taking my mom to NYC for Mother's Day weekend and this is the show she most wants to see, so going to go for full price seats.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#98WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/8/16 at 3:28pm

Re sing_dance_love's comment...

This is actually the artwork for the Side Show Fantasia sequel, where it is explored what the Hilton girls might have become if they hadn't passed.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#99WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:16am

The Audience Rewards Website says that the Audience Rewards presale begins the 16th, but the War Paint website says the 14th (both of November). I am pretty positive it begins the 16th so it's odd that the War Paint site is incorrect :/