pixeltracker

Jennifer Holliday Will Not Perform At tRump's Inauguration- Page 2

Jennifer Holliday Will Not Perform At tRump's Inauguration

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:44pm

LOLOLOLOL

http://www.thewrap.com/jennifer-holliday-has-not-yet-agreed-to-perfo/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#26Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:47pm

3 Doors Down still exists?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#27Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:48pm

LizzieCurry said: "LOLOLOLOL

http://www.thewrap.com/jennifer-holliday-has-not-yet-agreed-to-perfo/

"

I'm always surprised by how we desperately need fact-check. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:50pm

Well that's why my initial post was posed as a question, rather than stated as a fact. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:54pm

Meh.  If she sang for Captain Creamsicle, it really wouldn't change my opinion of her as an artist.  

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Capeguy Profile Photo
Capeguy
#30Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:55pm

I was a big fan since I saw her in the try-out of Dreamgirls in Boston. As of today -- she is officially DEAD to me!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#31Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 1:56pm

She can afford a publicist? 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
LizzieCurry
#33Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:03pm

Wow, how many of you have me muted?

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#34Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:10pm

Mister Matt said: "We have to be able to separate the artist, the work we love and cherish from the past, and their political beliefs.

No, we don't.

Such Hate and Intolerance.

Yes... those of us expressing ourselves are doing so because we do not support, and speak out against, those who support Captain Creamsicle for the reasons that have been commonly reiterated countless times.  Using those two words does not create a rule for hypocrisy when you purposely ignore the content.  It doesn't work and you know it, so why bother?  You just sound foolish.  Again.

"She was everyones Darling just a short time ago.  Now because of this shes getting this hate.  So laughable. Dont you see rightly complaining about the hate coming from Trump and then giving hate like this is why liberals are laughed at by the rest of the country?  A good reason why he won.

When They Go Low, I Go High

LizzieCurry
#35Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:14pm

Petralicious said: "Mister Matt said: "We have to be able to separate the artist, the work we love and cherish from the past, and their political beliefs.

No, we don't.

Such Hate and Intolerance.

Yes... those of us expressing ourselves are doing so because we do not support, and speak out against, those who support Captain Creamsicle for the reasons that have been commonly reiterated countless times.  Using those two words does not create a rule for hypocrisy when you purposely ignore the content.  It doesn't work and you know it, so why bother?  You just sound foolish.  Again.

"She was everyones Darling just a short time ago.  Now because of this shes getting this hate.  So laughable. Dont you see rightly complaining about the hate coming from Trump and then giving hate like this is why liberals are laughed at by the rest of the country?  A good reason why he won.
"

...?!

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#36Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:17pm

Oh please that's is the American Right's MO. "I have the right to say any intolerant, hateful thing I want, but you can't call me out on it because it's intolerant of me!" Get the hell out of here with that false outrage.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."
Updated On: 1/13/17 at 02:17 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#37Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:19pm

Complaining about one person is not comparable to complaining about an entire race, gender, or sexual orientation. So laughable.

Jesus saves. I spend.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#38Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:23pm

It would be kind of nice to let her confirm or even offer some statement of what she might be singing and why before burning her at the stake.  For all we know she's planning on singing the lesbian duet from The Color Purple to champion inclusion. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#39Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 2:34pm

The fact that she hasn't turned it down yet says enough. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#40Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:31pm

Some of you are truly pathetic. Somebody on the off-topic boards wrote they hoped that she would "feel the backlash" and then decline. Because it's totally American to berate and ridicule somebody for making an autonomous decision and force them to comply with your views.

I love Jennifer Holliday and hope she'll end up being there.

Petralicious
#41Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:37pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Some of you are truly pathetic. Somebody on the off-topic boards wrote they hoped that she would "feel the backlash" and then decline. Because it's totally American to berate and ridicule somebody for making an autonomous decision and force them to comply with your views.

I love Jennifer Holliday and hope she'll end up being there.

"Just proves how full of hate the left it

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#42Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:42pm

EvanK said: "We have to be able to separate the artist, the work we love and cherish from the past, and their political beliefs. You can love her talent, and not love her beliefs. 

Well I can't. A world famous conductor is a pedophile and while watching the opera he was conducting my eyes and thoughts continually turned to him and the night was ruined.

Ms Holliday is the only person whose name I knew in that uninspiring line up of performers for the 'big bash'--talk about the bottom of the barrel !!

"

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#43Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:44pm

If we feel that Tr*mp is tacitly (or explicitly) endorsing hateful rhetoric and someone choses to support him in any way, at which point we feel that they are endorsing or at least not condemning that same hateful rhetoric, is it not within our right to now want to support that artist? 

"In memory, everything happens to music"

Petralicious
#44Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:45pm

EvanK said: "We have to be able to separate the artist, the work we love and cherish from the past, and their political beliefs. You can love her talent, and not love her beliefs. 

"Conservatives do this all the time, See Streep, Meryl

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#45Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:52pm

this is so embarrassing for her. i know her acting gigs have come few and far between after people realized she can't act without singing but geez how desperate can a girl get.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayboy223
#46Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 3:56pm

I'm kind of surprised by some of the reactions here. For those of you who support the orange peel listen up. The reason most of us are upset is because Trump is probably the worst presidential candidate in history. I won't give you the speech about all the things he is, but I'm genuinely curious what some of you see in him. While I see him as a vile scumbag clown with no actual knowledge of anything, what do some y'all think? I can tell there's a few of his supporters here. This might not be the best thread to talk about it in, but I am sincerely curious as to why you voted for him. 

tomwsjr
#47Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 4:12pm

I'm so glad I didn't go back to see her in The Color Purple!!!  Seems like she's going to sabotage her career come back, just like she did after her first big break with Dreamgirls;  Never Jennifer Hiliday!

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#48Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 4:13pm

I just want to add that I hate Donald Trump. I don't live in America, I didn't vote for anyone. I would never vote for him or endorse a word he has said. 

But I remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks when they spoke out against Bush. America has a tendency to turn on people because their views don't match. Jennifer may hate everything he has said, but feels she needs to be there. I don't know.

But I refuse to crucify an artist because they don't align with my beliefs. Just as I hope people won't crucify me because I am gay.

Now, obviously when artist preaches hate, and is way off base with what I believe.. well it's a different story. But for now, this is an unsubstantiated claim, and until she speaks out about it I will not turn on her. She has been an ally of ours for a long time, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#49Jennifer Holliday Is Performing At tRump's Inauguration??
Posted: 1/13/17 at 4:13pm

It looks like maybe two people on this thread voted for him.

BTW, yes, we liberals definitely hate those who oppress the rights of others, as well as those who support those oppressors.

I really hope Trump's spokesman did indeed jump the gun and that this is just a misunderstanding - for her sake.