pixeltracker

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical- Page 8

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#175THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/18 at 2:38am

On a slightly different topic, I hope they don't fall into the same trap as Mean Girls did with their lead and have too much fun with the supporting characters (or Miranda) and forget about the lead, Andy. I feel like Cady became very forgettable because that team was focused on everyone else. I hope both the writing of Andy/whoever plays Andy can capture something that makes us really follow this story for her, instead of using her as a vessel to get to the other fun characters.

I would hope that both Andy and Miranda would be nominated for Lead Actress, with Miranda winning (obvs). But I hope they shape Andy enough to make us really root for her and not make it exclusively the Miranda Priestly show, which it could so easily be.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#176THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/12/18 at 9:05pm

Last night I heard an interesting Donna Murphy rumor...

"In here, life is beautiful"

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#177THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/12/18 at 9:36pm

Last night I heard an interesting Donna Murphy rumor...

Don’t you say those things if they’re not true. My heart can’t take it.

Elegance101
#178THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/12/18 at 11:52pm

KitKatBoy24 said: "Last night I heard an interesting Donna Murphy rumor..."

Someone who is actually close to the production or...?

They might want a bigger name than that, honestly. I know Meryl will never happen, but I feel they should maybe skew a little more famous.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#179THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/13/18 at 1:42am

Honestly, it's a smart idea. She's got the right regal, classiness to it. And she's Broadway royalty, which kind of lends the whole product some heft. The name of the show is what they're banking on, not really the cast. 

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#180THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/13/18 at 3:34pm

My source seemed pretty sure

"In here, life is beautiful"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#181THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/13/18 at 3:46pm

RippedMan said: "Honestly, it's a smart idea. She's got the right regal, classiness to it. And she's Broadway royalty, which kind of lends the whole product some heft. The name of the show is what they're banking on, not really the cast."

And Elton John! Donna is perfect for Miranda...that's all!

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#182THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/13/18 at 3:54pm

KitKatBoy24 said: "Last night I heard an interesting Donna Murphy rumor..."

Oh, she would be goooooooooooood.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#183THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 1:30pm

Has Katherine McPhee's name come up for Andy yet? I was watching Smash season 1 yesterday and her Karen Cartwright would be perfect to play Andy on stage. Plus she'd bring her gay boys to the audience.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#184THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 1:39pm

I like the idea of Smash-era Katherine McPhee. But that was 6 years ago and I think she’s just too old now. She’s 34 already and while she reads younger, I don’t think she reads intern age young. 

I suspect Andy will be a young up and comer our a total fresh face. With a name Miranda and solid supporting cast, the producers can focus on using the name recognition of the show and the Elton John connection to draw people in.

Solipsist234
#185THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 1:49pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "I like the idea of Smash-era Katherine McPhee. But that was 6 years ago and I think she’s just too old now. She’s 34 already and while she reads younger,I don’t think she reads intern age young."

"It's a joke, he's joking, no one lives in those places..." - Heléne Yorke, American Psycho, 2016

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#186THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 1:56pm

Oh, I didn't even think about Katharine McPhee. If her age isn't too much on an issue, she'd be great for it. And with the strong reviews she's been receiving for "Waitress", casting directors may be more willing to consider her for a Broadway lead than before.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#187THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 2:35pm

Valentina3 said: "Has Katherine McPhee's name come up for Andy yet? I was watching Smash season 1 yesterday and her Karen Cartwright would be perfect to play Andy on stage. Plus she'd bring her gay boys to the audience."

I don't think that a DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical will need much help drawing in the gay boy audience...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#188THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 2:42pm

What about Melissa Benoist?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#189THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 2:57pm

What about Melissa Benoist?

Would never even be considered due to her SUPERGIRL schedule.  Her run in BEAUTIFUL was a blink-and-you-missed-her 2 months (she ends her run August 4), so a year commitment to any Broadway show is not a reality for her any time soon. 

*corrected my WAITRESS / BEAUTIFUL mix-up.   

Updated On: 7/16/18 at 02:57 PM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#190THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 3:01pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "What about Melissa Benoist?

Would never even be considered due to her SUPERGIRL schedule. Her run in WAITRESS was a blink-and-you-missed-her 2 months (she ends her run August 4), so a year commitment to any Broadway show is not a reality for her any time soon.
"

Her run in *Beautiful.

And also, I still want to stick with my wish-casting for Titus in Stanley Tucci's role. I'll gladly take Donna Murphy in anything, but if not her, my choice for Miranda is Jane Krakowski. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#191THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 3:26pm

Krakowski is way too goody-goody for the role.  If anything she could play Jacqueline.

Elegance101
#192THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 4:37pm

^Took me a second to realize you don't mean Krakowski's character from Kimmy Schmidt...

And honestly, Benoist and McPhee are stunningly gorgeous full-grown women. That's not really who Andy is. Andy is a few months out of Northwestern, size 6 (at least at the beginning), and doesn't care about her looks. I hope they get a complete fresh face to reflect the naivety of the character. If anything, Benoist and McPhee would be more suited for Emily.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#193THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 4:58pm

..and Anne Hathaway was not a gorgeous full-grown woman?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Elegance101
#194THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 5:29pm

Anne Hathaway was 22 when she filmed the movie. So not a completely grown woman.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#195THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:00pm

Elegance101 said: "Anne Hathaway was 22 when she filmed the movie. So not a completely grown woman."

The choice of words are so problematic but oh well.

Elegance101
#196THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:08pm

Yeah, I'll give you that. I don't know how to express what I'm trying to say. But I'll stop talking haha.

teh_pretty Profile Photo
teh_pretty
#197THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:54pm

A few pages ago somebody suggested Ashley Park for Andy - I think she'd be an excellent choice. 

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#198THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/16/18 at 8:44pm

I could see Ashley Parks as a great Emily too. Shoba Narayan would make an excellent Andy in my opinion. 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#199THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 7/17/18 at 5:06am

jbp1232 said: "I could see Ashley Parks as a great Emily too. Shoba Narayan would make an excellent Andy in my opinion."

Either of these suggestions would be fantastic--I'd love to see them both involved in the show in some capacity.

Fingers crossed the Donna Murphy rumor is true; I'd love to see her headline a full musical again sometime soon.