pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!- Page 2

Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!

willrolandsframes
#25Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 4:16pm

I know Roundabout is trying to make money off of this but I would have much rather seen this in the spring with a weaker cast. 18-19 is already shaping up to be a ridiculously competitive season. It boggles my mind that nothing wants to open this spring and challenge some of these guys for awards.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#26Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 4:41pm

I actually think this season is pretty stacked in terms of musical revivals. Between Carousel, My Fair Lady, and Once on This Island, I would say that's a pretty strong season. It's the new musicals where we're lacking....

I'm really excited about this. She Loves Me was wonderful and it'll be great to see this show again. Hopefully they'll pair O'Hara with someone really great. How about Paulo Szot?

wonkit
#27Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 4:41pm

It takes time to put together a musical of that magnitude. It is already November and they would have to be pretty far along already to make the Tony performance deadline in the spring.

And as much as I like Pasquale, he and Kelli together would not have enough dramatic punch to make me care about them as a couple. Is there currently anyone who is really a worthy successor to Alfred Drake in this part?

Updated On: 11/6/17 at 04:41 PM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#28Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 4:47pm

Wouldn't it have been nice if Roundabout could find a musical to announce for their current season?  

Broadway World's Fireman.

wonkit
#29Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 6:24pm

PAULO SZOT!!!! I'd buy a ticket now. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#30Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 7:00pm

I believe her leading man was Will Chase in the reading. I wonder if he's still attached

GeorgeandDot
#31Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 7:16pm

I'm assuming that Will Chase is no longer attached because wouldn't they announce him with O'Hara if he were still involved?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 7:19pm

Just not a fan of this show. Doesn't matter who's attached.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#33Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 11:18pm

Exciting! I'm hoping Robert Fairchild and Will Chase reprise their roles as well. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#34Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 11:31pm

Andy Karl is the most exciting name mentioned here so far.

Did anyone see Wayne Brady in it in California a few years ago? He could potentially be great.

Hard to believe 2019 will be 19 years since the Stokes/Mazzie production. (And they could both still pull off those roles.)

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#35Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/6/17 at 11:37pm

I'm assuming that Will Chase is no longer attached because wouldn't they announce him with O'Hara if he were still involved?

Unless they just haven't made a deal with him yet and they decided to go ahead and announce O'Hara to drum up excitement. 

Anything can happen, though. It's a long while away.

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#36Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 1:33am

This was good news in one respect- At least we know what Kelli is coming back to Broadway with. However, this announcement is really too early and seems to ruin the excitement of it. You could  say the same for The King And I as well, but that was something she had never done before. This  early announcement kinda dampers the whole excitement and anticipation for the production. I was hoping she would come back in the Tom Kitt/Brian Yorkey musical that they workshopped back in the summer, but I guess since she had to say no to She Loves Me, she really wants to come back to the Roundabout in a full scale show that has a run  and of course they want her back as well .

Another reason why I'm not thrilled about this is because it  feels like she's getting stuck in Broadway revivals instead of new material  and she has  already played roles with similar styles/colors, this role being one of them lol .

Ah well, I'm sure it'll be great. Maybe she'll win another Tony? :)

Updated On: 11/7/17 at 01:33 AM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#37Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 6:48am

Love Kelli in everything she does but this show is not one of my favorites.  If anyone can change that for me, it’s Kelli!!!

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

josiahjosiah
#38Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 6:55am

My vote is for Hugh Jackman as Fred!

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#39Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 8:22am

Another reason why I'm not thrilled about this is because itfeels like she's getting stuck in Broadway revivals instead of new materialand she has already played roles with similar styles/colors, this role being one of them lol .

What role of hers is close to Lilli? I feel like Babe in Pajama Game? I have yet to see something where she shows off (for lack of better words) a crazy b**ch

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#40Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 9:50am

Hope it is as good as the last revival which was the first Broadway show my daughters went to many years ago.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#41Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 3:31pm

One word: HOLLA!

Lois/Bianca is one of my all-time dream roles. Oh, if only they'd hold an open call...

Also, if Honeymooners doesn't pull through, can Michael McGrath be involved in this somehow?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

matt1982
#42Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 4:37pm

Awesome!  Loved this in 1999!!  I think Kelli will be great!

Jarethan
#43Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 5:55pm

Clearly a matter of taste, but I would enjoy KMK a lot more if they left out the actual Shakespearean numbers; although I may be forgetting one, I think they are all a bore and destroy the excitement built up in the off-stage show.  

I never liked the movie and must admit that I have only seen it live once.  Since it was an early performance in the last revival, clearly none of the blame can be attributed to the cast.  Ironically, I have seen Taming of the Shrew several times and have enjoyed it.  Go figure.

broadwayboy223
#44Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 7:54pm

So is she not doing K&I in London?

AEA AGMA SM
#45Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/7/17 at 10:50pm

The London production of The King and I is scheduled for this summer, which is part of the reason this show won't be coming in until 2019.

222disneyland
#46Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:40pm

Yes London confirmed for Kelli

but the season in London is going to be crazy

Updated On: 11/16/17 at 11:40 PM

broadwayboy223
#47Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:45pm

I honestly wish we would get a full Brigadoon revival with Kelli.

Princeton2
#48Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:53am

im obviously going to be heavily criticised for saying this but ive always found Kelli to be quite bland and vanilla and im struggling to imagine her being a feisty diva type of character

GeorgeandDot
#49Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 1:08am

After seeing the beautiful production of Brigadoon at City Center, I would love to see Patrick Wilson join Kelli in this. Jesus, what a perfect looking human being with such a great voice.