Worst musicals since 2010...??

ForgetRegret2
#1Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:07pm

just wondering what everyone's least favorite show since 2010 is. Mine's probably be more chill or spongebob ....

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:15pm

Something Rotten!

The Band's Visit.

Once

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:19pm

Something Rotten, Elf, Spider-Man

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#4Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:21pm

What a good, useful, thoughtful thread.

LizzieCurry
#5Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:25pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "What a good, useful, thoughtfulthread."

Thanks for your input!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#6Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:25pm

ForgetRegret2

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#7Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:28pm

The Band's Visit and Once make your top three?? I mean it's ok not to like them but wtf?

Also, yeah these "worst" "least" threads that have been popping up this month are getting tiring and are just plain mean spirited.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#8Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:29pm

LizzieCurry said: "Thanks for your input!"

Seriously, what's the point? There's a thread right on the home page where everybody has been talking about their least favorite musicals. We need one specifically to s*** on shows within the last 7 years because... why?

michaelhale
#9Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 8:49pm

ForgetRegret2 said: "just wondering what everyone's least favorite show since 2010 is. Mine's probably be more chill or spongebob ...."

I mean if we are including small regional indie musicals like BMC we can probably go on all night lol 

This thread is tiring, immediately, and dont you wonder if OP has seen either of those shows and is trying to stir something up, take it to twitter you'll do better there.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#10Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 9:08pm

I agree that threads like this are irritating. I have no problem with people expressing negative opinions about shows/performers. I certainly do my fair share of that. But threads like these don't even invite discussion. It's just a barrage of isolated personal opinions. Just people taking every opportunity they can get to throw in their two cents about which shows they are smart or discerning enough to hate, especially if the shows are popular. 

It would even be better if the topic were "least successful" or "most widely hated." It would still be subjective, but at least we'd be weighing a variety of factors, and it could generate more debate than just "It was awful" followed by "I disagree." 

Updated On: 11/28/17 at 09:08 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#11Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 10:04pm

I never even realized someone made 2010 into a musical?! You'd think they'd go 2001 rather than the sequel...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/28/17 at 10:49pm

Why 2010?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

green waver
#13Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:13pm

It's a play on the Kubrick film and its sequel.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#14Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:28pm

Of the ones I've seen, I'm probably gonna have to say Finding Neverland. I caught the tour in Durham back in May, and while I found nothing terrible about it, just nothing remarkable about it either. I must've been the only person in the audience who did not clap once at all throughout the whole show.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#15Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:46pm

Never made it to Broadway, but it was First Wives Club's Chicago tryout. 

On Broadway, it was Amazing Grace.

UncleCharlie
#16Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 4:04am

green waver said: "It's a play on the Kubrick film and its sequel."

I was going to go with a re-envisioning of 1776, but I like your answer better.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#17Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 5:28am

In general I dislike threads that invite nothing but a list....but these disingenuous (I was wondering...) and negative spirited ones of late are just annoying. It's simply a "look at me" way to post.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#18Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 7:43am

Perhaps it might be more interesting to try to turn the thread into a discussion of why these shows failed, or what makes them "bad," rather than just kvetching about the existence of the thread?

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#19Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 7:45am

Justify your opinions, people!

hamiltonstradition
#20Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 9:14am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Of the ones I've seen, I'm probably gonna have to say Finding Neverland. I caught the tour in Durham back in May, and while I found nothing terrible about it, just nothing remarkable about it either.I must've been the only person in the audience who did not clap once at all throughout the whole show."

To be fair.... Finding Neverland on Broadway was SO MUCH better than tour. And Broadway was worse than the original at the ART.

dramamama611
#21Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 9:21am

Perhaps it might be more interesting to try to turn the thread into a discussion of why these shows failed, or what makes them "bad," rather than just kvetching about the existence of the thread?

But many of the shows here DIDN'T fail.    And conversations go where conversations go.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#22Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 9:34am

"But many of the shows here DIDN'T fail.    And conversations go where conversations go."

There's more than one way to "fail." Financial return is only one way. If someone thought a show was poor, then it, technically, failed - for them.

But the more important point is that mere humorless bitching about the existence of a thread is a bore. Help it along. Make it entertaining - or at least interesting.

LizzieCurry
#23Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 10:04am

haterobics said: "I never even realized someone made 2010 into a musical?! You'd think they'd go 2001 rather than the sequel..."

A+

dramamama611
#24Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 10:20am

Sorry we didn't live up to your requirements....but go ahead and add to the kvetching....about the kvetching.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#25Worst musicals since 2010...??
Posted: 11/30/17 at 10:40am

Apparently some individual's chronic frustrations need venting somewhere, and the BWW Message Boards make it serendipitously easy to do so.