pixeltracker

HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019- Page 2

HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019

MadsonMelo
#25HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 4/23/18 at 12:26pm

This defintely wont have a NT Live Broadcast.

Not being an musical expecting to come to Broadway.

deltatee Profile Photo
deltatee
#26HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 4/23/18 at 1:05pm

This is fantastic! I cannot wait!

Rainah
#27HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 4/23/18 at 2:12pm

RippedMan said: "How'd it work in Canada?"

HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019

Basically traditional staging, with raised turntables. 90% sure the turntables are going to be scrapped apparently they were a huge bother and were causing injuries. 

Impossible2
#28HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 5/18/18 at 7:37am

Got tickets for 3 nights, can't wait!

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#30HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 8:54am

THAT CAST!!!!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#31HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 9:01am

I am in love with the cast recording and can't wait for it to make it over state side so I can finally see it. 

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 9:06am

Would love for this to come over by the Spring, but I keep getting this feeling it won't arrive until next season. Probably Fall 2019. Which is making the 2019-2020 season crowded already with HADESTOWN, MOULIN ROUGE & TINA: THE MUSICAL.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#33HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 9:15am

EVA OH MY GOD

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#34HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 9:23am

Listened to some of the cast recording and decided I would appreciate it more if I saw the show. Not something i was really looking forward to but if Andre DeShields is in it if it transfers, I will see it.

Just give the world Love.

rjm516
#35HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 9:39am

Oh I am SO EXCITED about this cast.

DeepVSexyWitch2
#36HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:03am

Last I heard, they are really hellbent on wanting the Circle in the Square for this, so I imagine they'll announce the details about the transfer after Once on This Island closes. 

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#37HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:07am

This is definitely something I will be paying full price to sit front row for if it transfers to the circle in the square

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#38HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:31am

DeepVSexyWitch2 said: "Last I heard, they are really hellbent on wanting the Circle in the Square for this, so I imagine they'll announce the details about the transfer after Once on This Island closes."

I don't see OOTI lasting past New Year's, so maybe it does open in Spring 2019?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LightsOut90
#39HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:57am

why would they put this in CITS? they have spent the last 2 years restaging this and the run in London isnt in the round. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#40HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:01pm

Considering they've been going with a proscenium for the most recent out-of-town tryouts, I don't think Circle is the route they're going. I think an ideal situation would be to pull Spelling Bee, and change the seating a bit so all of the seats are facing one side, so it has a proscenium feel while still being intimate. The issue is this cuts into seating and overall profit they can make each day... 

It's theater in London is also around 1200 seats. So who knows how intimate the show is anymore.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#41HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:28pm

DeepVSexyWitch2 said: "Last I heard, they are really hellbent on wanting the Circle in the Square for this, so I imagine they'll announce the details about the transfer after Once on This Island closes."

Circle in the Square makes a lot of sense, and I cannot see any world in which OOTI runs past January. 

The Olivier has a thrust stage, which they could do at Circle in the Square (though the stage would be smaller and the audience more intimate –– not a bad thing for this show). 

Will HADESTOWN's score be eligible? Is enough of it considered new material?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:33pm

Since it's never been eligible FOR a Tony before, I'm guessing yes.

This makes me excited.  Hoping for a spring opening so I can bring my students!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#43HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:38pm

They’ve almost certainly abandoned the in-the-round staging for a more traditional proscenium staging, as seen in the Citadel mounting and most likely in the London run. Rachel Chavkin did wonders adapting TGC for a traditional theater, I’m sure she’ll continue to do the same here. Her and her team may have wanted CITS back when it seemed it would transfer right from NYTW, but clearly the producers want something different (and more lucrative).

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#44HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:39pm

dramamama611 said: "Since it's never been eligible FOR a Tony before, I'm guessing yes."

It's based on a 2010 concept album, but I don't know how much overlap there is between the theatre score and concept album (or if the Tonys would consider the concept album prep work for the Broadway production, and not songs written for a different medium)

dramamama611
#45HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:50pm

Ah, yes, of course!  I'd forgotten that!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#46HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:13pm

Didn't some ALW shows like Evita and JCS begin with concept albums? And I believe those were eligible for best score.

Plus, according to Wikipedia, there were a couple of small-scale stage incarnations before the concept album. That is, as opposed to a show like American Idiot, which was based on a "concept album" that was primarily intended to exist as a mainstream punk rock album.

So I can't imagine the Tonys would disqualify the Hadestown score based on the concept album. 

Owen22
#47HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:47pm

Notice the five leads are all American?  It's like they're using the National as an out-of-town tryout for the show...

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#48HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:51pm

I'm just glad they're taking advantage of time and resources by having a third out-of-town/pre-Broadway tryout. First, NYTW, then Citadel/Canada, now National/London. And I guess the concept album and semi-staged concerts when the album was released should count?

dramamama611
#49HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019
Posted: 8/13/18 at 2:07pm

Owen said, '"Notice the five leads are all American?  It's like they're using the National as an out-of-town tryout for the show..."

Well, it IS being labeled as the Broadway bound production -- pretty straight forward that's what it is.