pixeltracker

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews- Page 3

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#50Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:18am

Did they have an invites dress last night? And if so, did anyone go?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Cfried
KatVer
#52Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:22am

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#53Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:24am

Wowza. That's impressive.

RJ14
#54Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:27am

that set is insane. wowza

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#55Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:27am

Holy wow!!!!!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#56Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:35am

Curious what Broadway theater would be best to transform their set into? Marquis? Belasco? Longacre?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#57Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:38am

That has got to be one of the coolest designs I’ve ever seen.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jonwo
#58Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:41am

ACL2006 said: "Curious what Broadway theater would be best to transform their set into? Marquis? Belasco? Longacre?"

I imagine they'll opt for the Hirschfeld or maybe the Imperial.

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#59Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:42am

Stunning.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#60Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:44am

Sorry, it took me longer than expected to hit post....so this is out of sync.  This post is answering an above post inquiring about what to do in Boston!

There's a nice food market called Boston Public Market (not to be confused with the restaurant chain of similar name).   It's all local food businesses....some for eating and some for shopping/cooking.  Cheeses, fresh pasta, fudge, donuts.  Not to be missed is Beantown Pastrami for a fabulous lunch.

Fanueil Hall is similar but all food stalls for eating.  It can be packed, and it's definitley more touristy.

Non food things:

The aquarium, it's really lovely.  

The Stuart Garner Museum is beatiful.

The Skywalk

Institute of Contemporary Art

The MFA

Mary Baker Eddy Library & Mapparium

Sam Adams Brewery (free tours)

You should be able to get to ALL of these really easily via the subway system.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 7/10/18 at 11:44 AM

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#61Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:45am

On ONE hand, the set makes my eyes pop outta my head at how insanely elaborate and gorgeous it is.

On the OTHER hand, the set makes me worried that they are going to attempt to overload your sense with enough spectacle to make your head spin like, well.... the movie... and not back it up with enough substance to balance it out.

And on the last hand (because I apparently have three hands in this situation) damn I hope that windmill actually moves! I am eagerly awaiting reports in this one. I'll be stalking this topic like crazy later tonight for those few lucky first preview reports we should be getting.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#62Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:46am

That set is absolutely perfect. NOW I'm excited. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#63Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:54am

That set is everything the little gay child I was when that movie came out wanted in real life. I can’t even.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#64Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:09pm

The set is genuinely eye-popping. I don’t even know where to start looking, there’s just so much happening. Perfectly in sync with the movie’s aesthetic and Alex Timber’s directorial sensibilities. The movie is an expertly crafted confection, so I expect nothing less from the stage version. That set picture makes me EXTREMELY excited.

RJ14
#65Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:23pm

I hope they keep 'Spectacular Spectacular'. It strangely is one of my favourite number from the movie.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#66Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:37pm

That set design is insane.  Brings the old long-gone opulent lavish Broadway back.  This alone lets even an empty black stage moment look visually breathtaking.  Whatever they do on stage will lend itself visually due to this gorgeous framing, even a solo actor standing on an empty stage.  Total genius conceptualization.  

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#67Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:38pm

Adore that set pic. Hopefully Timbers and his team can reimagine and bring all the magic of the film for the stage!

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#68Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:43pm

"I imagine they'll opt for the Hirschfeld or maybe the Imperial."

Someone on here claimed it was going to the Hirschfeld. (But, there were also a lot of people who claimed HARRY POTTER was definitely going to the Hirschfeld, and then the Lyric was announced.) Or if they go to a Shubert house, the Imperial or Winter Garden would make sense.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#69Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:48pm

Already a shoo-in to win Best Scenic Design next year

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#70Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:04pm

SomethingPeculiar said: ""I imagine they'll opt for the Hirschfeld or maybe the Imperial."

Someone on here claimed it was going to the Hirschfeld. (But, there were also a lot of people who claimed HARRY POTTER was definitely going to the Hirschfeld, and then the Lyric was announced.)Or if they go to a Shubert house, the Imperial or Winter Garden would make sense.
"

Can't remember which Moulin Rouge thread it was, but you can definitely now see how those Diamond VIP seats will miss action, it looks like there's a lot they'll have to turn around for. But because of those scenic elements, I agree only an Imperial or Winter Garden would make sense. Unless they wait for King Kong to flop.

(Harry Potter definitely was going to the Hirschfeld, until the Lyric threw buckets of money at them.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#71Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:06pm

Calm down!  It's just the preset!  Who knows what's upstage?

Solipsist234
#72Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:07pm

I like the fact that people are suggesting the Imperial, considering Great Comet. Man, I miss that show! But I still think that this will probably go into the Hirschfeld unless Kinky Boots doesn't close.

Updated On: 7/10/18 at 01:07 PM

kitkatkatie2
#73Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:21pm

Seeing the set, I'm a little nervous about having one of the table seats now. While I was really pumped to be immersed in the action, this set is beyond anything I could have expected and now I'm bummed at the thought of potentially missing a lot. I don't mind turning in my seat so much, but still! Does anyone have any thoughts or perspective before I attempt to exchange my seats?

ren598
#74Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:32pm

kitkatkatie2 said: "Seeing the set, I'm a little nervous about having one of the table seats now. While I was really pumped to be immersed in the action, this set is beyond anything I could have expected and now I'm bummed at the thought of potentially missing a lot. I don't mind turning in my seat so much, but still!Does anyone have any thoughts or perspective before I attempt to exchange my seats?"

If it's not for this evening's performance, I would wait and hear back from others.  It's a lot easier to exchange to a regular seat than it is to get a table seat.  There's a limited number of table seats for each show and you may not be able to switch back.