pixeltracker

Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway

Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:06am

Very excited for Lois Smith and thrilled with everyone else reprising their roles.

http://www.playbill.com/article/kyle-soller-and-john-benjamin-hickey-to-reprise-performances-in-the-inheritance-on-broadway-full-cast-set

Updated On: 8/15/19 at 08:06 AM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#2Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:09am

LOIS SMITH!!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:32am

Would have liked to see Redgrave transfer, but Lois Smith is a treasure!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#4Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:47am

Sookie's grandma!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

RunningThatRoad
#5Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:56am

Am I allowed to brag just a little that I called it, or would that be gauche?

In any case, so excited to see Lois Smith in this role!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 9:01am

I’m going to call it right here that Paul Hilton takes home the Supporting Actor Tony Award. His 20 (or so) minute monologue is one of the most exquisite things you’ll ever see on stage. 

Updated On: 8/15/19 at 09:01 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#7Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 9:10am

I can easily see Paul Hilton, John Benjamin Hickey, and Sam Levine get nominated for Best Featured Actor in a play (I'd presume Burnap and Soller would be up for lead actor.)

I'm unfamiliar with Lois Smith's work but excited to see her in this role! Really wishing this play the best.  

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#8Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 9:14am

So so excited for Kyle Soller.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#9Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 9:40am

Lois Smith is such a delight to watch onstage. I didn’t think we’d Redgrave, but I think Lois Smith is going to be wonderful.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#10Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 10:06am

I adored the show in London. Redgrave, while a tremendous actress, was miscast--her Southern American accent was distractingly odd. I still sobbed through her scenes. But seeing Lois Smith who feels PERFECT for the role...I can't wait. 

nasty_khakis
#11Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 10:21am

I called this casting and am extremely excited for all those reprising their performances. The more I've thought about them over the past year the more I've realized how truly amazing they all were in very different ways. The only one I questioned if they'd transfer was Paul Hilton, who was glorious, but assumed they'd get someone like Dylan Baker to take the role.

I knew we'd get a theatre-name actress and not a big star (Angela/Julie/Meryl) from the go. It's a great part and an easier schedule than most runs but I couldn't see them pulling a "spend hundreds on a 7 hour play to see XYZ in 15 minutes of Part 2!" I also didn't love Redgrave the times I saw it. The accent was a mess, she seemed to be being fed every line via an earpiece, and basically had to be led around the stage by the other actors. It honestly took me out of so many moments wondering if this legend was ok.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#12Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 10:33am

Disappointing only in the sense that Redgrave would have automatically generated a rush of ticket sales, which no doubt this very ambitious play could have benefitted from. But Lois Smith of course will be wonderful.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 10:46am

QueenAlice said: "Disappointing only in the sense that Redgrave would have automatically generated a rush of ticket sales, which no doubt this very ambitious play could have benefitted from."

Oh please –– Redgrave doesn't mean that much over here. She's also sort of problematic from a PR perspective, so perhaps they dodged a bullet... Lois Smith is also a cheaper hire than Redgrave, and she's local.

carnzee
#14Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:02am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: 

Oh please –– Redgrave doesn't meanthatmuch over here. She's also sort of problematic from a PR perspective, so perhaps they dodged a bullet.

Are you referring to comments she made about Israel years ago? I can't imagine anybody cares at this point. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#15Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:13am

Yes, she seems to run her mouth off every few years. Especially during politically-charged times, it may not be worth the risk having her do press.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#16Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:23am

I hope the word of mouth is good 'cause these names won't bring peeps to the box office.  And they gotta pay to see them twice!

Updated On: 8/15/19 at 11:23 AM

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#17Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:24am

who gets naked lol 

nasty_khakis
#18Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:31am

WldKingdomHM said: "who gets naked lol"

Sam Levine is the only one who gets fully naked. You see Andrew Burnap in a speedo as well as another member or two of the boys, but not sure which of the new actors it is who plays the son/agent/trainer/dealer track.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#19Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 12:22pm

bwaylyric said: "I hope the word of mouth is good 'cause these names won't bring peeps to the box office. And they gotta pay to see them twice!"

and it's a long play... 7 hours total! That's time you'll never get back!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#20Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 12:39pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "QueenAlice said: "Disappointing only in the sense that Redgrave would have automatically generated a rush of ticket sales, which no doubt this very ambitious play could have benefitted from."

Oh please –– Redgrave doesn't meanthatmuch over here. She's also sort of problematic from a PR perspective, so perhaps they dodged a bullet... Lois Smith is also a cheaper hire than Redgrave, and she's local.
"

Redgrave’s appearances on Broadway have historically sold very well. She is an Oscar winning draw regardless of what you might think and regardless of her past controversies. Her involvement would have generated some additional interest that Lois Smith’s name won’t. That is simply my point. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

binau Profile Photo
binau
#21Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 12:44pm

She seemed to contribute to sales in London, at least for the initial Young Vic run. Bizarrely (or maybe not) part 2 completely sold out but not part 1.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JSquared2
#22Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 1:43pm

Wick3 said: "and it's a long play... 7 hours total! That's time you'll never get back!"

Do you mean as opposed to the time that you DO get back??

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#23Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 1:49pm

Redgrave is not a draw in the United States.  From all I have read and heard, the piece itself is the star.  And with such strong actors, they don't need a name. What I don't understand is during previews in September and October why part 1 is performed so many more times than part 2 (18/10). Pretty pricey for both, but clearly worth it.  And their marquee is stunning!

Updated On: 8/15/19 at 01:49 PM

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#24Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 2:11pm

Lois Smith will be incredible (as always).

For fun I was just on YouTube and found this vintage clip of her doing a screen test with a rather famous actor.

Lois Smith

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#25Full Cast Set For THE INHERITANCE On Broadway
Posted: 8/15/19 at 8:31pm

Per Michael Riedel: Redgrave was offered the role but declined "at the last minute" to do it on Broadway. Hence the late casting announcement.

I do hope Redgrave is ok, but I'm glad to see the always-wonderful Lois Smith back on Broadway!

(He also confirms that Maggie Smith has decided NOT to bring "A German Life" to Broadway.)

Updated On: 8/15/19 at 08:31 PM