pixeltracker

Issues at Mean Girls last night- Page 4

Issues at Mean Girls last night

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#75Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 1:19am

Would Tina Fey be affected by this though? It shouldn’t be really her problem since she’s just the writer and not focusing on the Broadway production rn.

bk
#76Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:19am

wishiwerehere3 said: "bk said: "And really, type out a damn name, will ya? BWW, MKM - for me BWW is Broadway World. MKM is Make Kindness Mandatory."

and "bk" is Burger King...
"

Or Big Kishka.

Updated On: 11/15/19 at 02:19 AM

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#77Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:58am

bk said: "Why would she say "I can't hear you" to the conductor? He's not talking. He has nothing to do with the sound at all. Walk offstage at the first opportunity and tell someone she can't hear. That said, how can she not hear LIVE MUSICIANS who are playing directly in front of her. "

As a performer, I can tell you that this can definitely happen. I've been in situations when I can only hear one or two instruments, and if your queue isn't off of them, it would be nearly impossible to find your part. 

Alex Kulak2
#78Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 3:30am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I was surprised that she even got into the show, based on the Heathers rumors. If the screaming fight is true, it is now that her days in the industry pare possibly numbered. She’s so talented and it’s such a shame she would treat people so badly and ruin her career."

The most important thing about show business and *especially* theatre is that talent doesn't mean a damn thing if you're a pain to work with.

Also, what's c****nay? Somebody give me a clue.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#79Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 5:08am

Alex Kulak2 said: "
Also, what's c****nay? Somebody give me a clue."

Clue's already in previous posts. :) It's a black fly... 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#80Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 7:51am

Anakela said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "
Also, what's c****nay? Somebody give me a clue."

Clue's already in previous posts. :) It's a black fly...
"

It's a common white wine - but not sauvignon blanc. c*h*a*r*d*o*n*n*a*y and you can see the forbidden word in the middle.

Harpz2006
#81Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 8:15am

I think Tina is very involved- not on a day to day level anymore, but she stays involved with casting and I’m sure still frequently checks in. That said, Tina worked closely with Alec Baldwin for years and he doesn’t have the reputation for always being the easiest to work with. I think Tina is probably very understanding of different personalities and personal struggles, and I don’t see Barrett being on her “bad side” or Tina trying to blacklist her in the industry or anything, but I can see her wanting the team to recast the role if it’s for the best of the production.

Updated On: 11/15/19 at 08:15 AM

Alexander Lamar
#82Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 8:17am

I got a huge c****nay last night!

LMAO wow

Updated On: 11/15/19 at 08:17 AM

singer234
#83Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 8:32am

I agree. Lorne seems understanding but practical. He was supportive of Pete Davidson on SNL thru his rough time, and did not fire him, but you’ll barely find Pete performing in any sketches now.

MollyJeanneMusic
#84Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 10:53am

singer234 said: "I agree. Lorne seems understanding but practical. He was supportive of Pete Davidson on SNL thru his rough time, and did not fire him, but you’ll barely find Pete performing in any sketches now."

Isn’t he filming a movie right now?

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#85Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 11:58am

A friend of mine is at the Mean Girls Thanksgiving Day performance taping and confirmed Barrett is there and it looks like they're performing Where Do You Belong. 

So much for fired, huh. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 11/15/19 at 11:58 AM

wishiwerehere3
#86Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 1:21pm

Olivia the understudy was on again last nights, but Barrett was at the filming today so she must not be fired. I wonder if we’ll ever know what happened

Alex Kulak2
#87Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:07pm

Since she's Union, she'd either have to quit or they'd have to buy her out of her contract.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#88Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:13pm

What are they filming today?

JSquared2
#89Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:27pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "Since she's Union, she'd either have to quit or they'd have to buy her out of her contract."

That's incorrect.  Actors can be fired for just cause.  There's a process -- which involves receiving a prior written warning -- but it's not at all uncommon.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#90Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:29pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What are they filming today?"

Thanksgiving day performance from the theatre for CBS most likely 

ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#91Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:30pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "A friend of mine is at the Mean Girls Thanksgiving Day performance taping and confirmed Barrett is there and it looks like they're performing Where Do You Belong."

They must be precording a thing for the CBS parade (the thing that no one really watches). I'm not shocked she is there, I just wonder if she will be back in the show this weekend. 

Can you be fined for yelling at a conductor? I have no idea how that works.

IAMREADING
#92Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 2:45pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "A friend of mine is at the Mean Girls Thanksgiving Day performance taping and confirmed Barrett is there and it looks like they're performing Where Do You Belong.

So much for fired, huh.
"

great news, thanks for sharing!

Kenzie3
#93Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 4:47pm

IAMREADING said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "A friend of mine is at the Mean Girls Thanksgiving Day performance taping and confirmed Barrett is there and it looks like they're performing Where Do You Belong.

So much for fired, huh.
"

great news, thanks for sharing!"

Of course she isn’t fired. Barrett didn’t do anything wrong. How the hell did someone even get the “fact” that Barrett and the conductor got into a screaming fight. A friend of mine was there the night of the show, and she said in the beginning of the show, her mic cut out and that’s when she said “I can’t hear anything.” She then APOLOGIZED TO THE AUDIENCE. She then performed the rest of the show with like she usually does. My friend said she was the same, amazing, talented, not robotic at all. She was just playing the character. For act 2, they announced Olivia would be taking over for Janis. (She said nothing about the conductor) We dont know what happened to Barrett, but y’all need to stop harrassing the poor woman. She had to turn off her comments on her recent because so many people were saying “Why aren’t you fired?” “Just leave the damn show already.” Everyone needs to calm down, stop listening to rumors, take a nice walk, and support the actresses and actors that make musical theatre entertainment possible.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#94Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 5:16pm

Welcome to the board!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Fosse76
#95Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 5:40pm

Kenzie3 said: "IAMREADING said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "A friend of mine is at the Mean Girls Thanksgiving Day performance taping and confirmed Barrett is there and it looks like they're performing Where Do You Belong.

So much for fired, huh.
"

great news, thanks for sharing!"

Of course she isn’t fired. Barrett didn’t do anything wrong. How the hell did someone even get the “fact” that Barrett and the conductor got into a screaming fight. A friend of mine was there the night of the show, and she said in the beginning of the show, her mic cut out and that’s when she said “I can’t hear anything.” She then APOLOGIZED TO THE AUDIENCE. She then performed the rest of the show with like she usually does. My friend said she was the same, amazing, talented, not robotic at all. She was just playing the character. For act 2, they announced Olivia would be taking over for Janis. (She said nothing about the conductor) We dont know what happened to Barrett, but y’all need to stop harrassing the poor woman. She had to turn off her comments on her recent because so many people were saying “Why aren’t you fired?” “Just leave the damn show already.” Everyone needs to calm down, stop listening to rumors, take a nice walk, and support the actresses and actors that make musical theatre entertainment possible.
"

Get a grip.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#96Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 6:11pm

Kenzie3 said: "Of course she isn’t fired. Barrett didn’t do anything wrong. How the hell did someone even get the “fact” that Barrett and the conductor got into a screaming fight. A friend of mine was there the night of the show, and she said in the beginning of the show, her mic cut out and that’s when she said “I can’t hear anything.” She then APOLOGIZED TO THE AUDIENCE. She then performed the rest of the show with like she usually does. My friend said she was the same, amazing, talented, not robotic at all. She was just playing the character. For act 2, they announced Olivia would be taking over for Janis. (She said nothing about the conductor) We dont know what happened to Barrett, but y’all need to stop harrassing the poor woman. She had to turn off her comments on her recent because so many people were saying “Why aren’t you fired?” “Just leave the damn show already.” Everyone needs to calm down, stop listening to rumors, take a nice walk, and support the actresses and actors that make musical theatre entertainment possible."

Pandora's Box: open

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#97Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 6:14pm

How the Mods let this thread continue to thrive based on rumor, speculation, and reviving old gossip is beyond me. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

hayleyann
#98Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 6:15pm

Phantom4ever said: "

How is it ironic that MKM is playing Janis on tour right now? Just curious.

"

It's ironic because we're talking about the current Broadway Janis, the character MKM is playing on tour.  

Updated On: 11/15/19 at 06:15 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#99Issues at Mean Girls last night
Posted: 11/15/19 at 6:26pm

That's a coincidence, not irony.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt