pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)- Page 6

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)

BCfitasafiddle
#125JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 10:12am

ACL2006 said: "Noticed Ezra Menas isn't listed as returning, so I'm really curious who the Jo understudies are."

It's supposedly a non-binary actor making their Broadway debut. They'll also be swinging. Saw it in the instagram comments.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#126JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 10:17am

Ok, so the announcement of HB MIGHT just get me back in to see this.  (I saw it in Boston and didn't hate it, but certainly didn't love it due to the overbearing multitude of social issues so none are truly focused.) But love me some Heidi!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#127JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 10:24am

It appears the Jo covers are Wren Rivera (they/them), and Grace Slear (they/them).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#128JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 10:45am

Interesting that *I believe* this is the first casting press release to have included pronouns.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 9/23/21 at 10:45 AM

#129JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 10:49am

rpvee2 said: "Heidi Blickenstaff will be the new MJ!"

Damn it. I hate this show and this makes me want to see it again.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#130JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 11:21am

fashionguru_23 said: "Interesting that *I believe* this is the first casting press release to have included pronouns."

JLP has included pronouns in bios since ART.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#131JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 11:29am

Heidi as MJ is great casting. Also, Morgan Dudley is making their Broadway debut!

Oh look, a bibu!

Zion24
#132JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 11:37am

ctorres23 said: "rpvee2 said: "Heidi Blickenstaff will be the new MJ!"

"

This was literally my exact response. I didn't know how big a fan of Heidi Blickenstaff I was until I learned I'd be willing to sit through this mess again if it meant hearing her sing this (unquestionably wonderful) score.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#133JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 12:15pm

Same, hate this show, but love Heidi. Might have to go back.

hearthemsing22
#134JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 3:34pm

ctorres23 said: "rpvee2 said: "Heidi Blickenstaff will be the new MJ!"

"

EXACTLY THATS MY DILEMA 

BCfitasafiddle
#135JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:05pm

Elizabeth Stanley said in an interview release today that upon returning in November, Blickenstaff and she will share the role through the winter. Then if all goes well, in January she'll be back full time.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#136JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:30pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Elizabeth Stanley said in an interview release today that upon returning in November,Blickenstaff and she will share the role through the winter.Then ifall goes well, in January she'll be back full time."

I wonder if they will announce any kind of schedule while they're sharing. Much as I loved Elizabeth Stanley in this, I would REALLY love to see Heidi!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#137JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:43pm

GMA performance.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 9/23/21 at 04:43 PM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#138JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:27pm

Super happy for Heidi, she's perfect for this role. I didn't realize that Celia Rose Gooding was not continuing with the show. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#139JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 6:26pm

ctorres23 said: "Damn it. I hate this show and this makes me want to see it again."

Like several other people have said: this was exactly my first reaction too.

But then I thought about it for a second and realized I hate this show more than I like Heidi Blickenstaff. So fortunately, no dilemma for me. Look forward to Blickenstaff's next role in NY. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#140JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 6:49pm

That looks like DeAnne Stewart there as Frankie and not Morgan Dudley. They just started rehearsals this week, so I'd guess and say Dudley wasn't ready yet.

Zion24
#141JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/23/21 at 8:42pm

JBroadway said: "ctorres23 said: "Damn it. I hate this show and this makes me want to see it again."

Like several other people have said: this was exactly my first reaction too.

But then I thought about it for a second and realized I hate this show more than I like Heidi Blickenstaff. So fortunately, no dilemma for me. Look forward to Blickenstaff's next role in NY.
"

Haha, i watched the GMA video and had the same reaction (for the right priced ticket, though, i don't think its worth missing Heidi banging out Forgiven or Uninvited- i can only imagine). 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#142JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:10pm

Happy to skip this show. 

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#143JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:12pm

Will continue to avoid this show and use Adblock on this site.

Alex Kulak2
#144JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:16pm

This last week has just been an utter dumpster fire for the show (entirely because of poor choices the producers have been constantly, consciously making for about 4 years). I'd be shocked if it runs to the end of October, much less 2022.

Anyone involved in this show needs to abandon ship while they still have a career.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#145JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:17pm

I know this is off topic and I apologize, but their merch BLOWS. 

Carry on! 

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#146JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:19pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "This last week has just been an utter dumpster fire for the show (entirely because of poor choices the producers have been constantly, consciously making for about 4 years). I'd be shocked if it runsto the end of October,much less2022.

Anyone involved in this show needs to abandon ship while they still have a career.
"

This kinda feels like the nail in their coffin, tbh.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#147JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:32pm

The show was always terrible in my opinion, and this just makes it even worse.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#148JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:54pm

SomeOtherMe said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "This last week has just been an utter dumpster fire for the show (entirely because of poor choices the producers have been constantly, consciously making for about 4 years). I'd be shocked if it runsto the end of October,much less2022.

"

This kinda feels like the nail in their coffin, tbh.
"

I feel like if they win big at the Tonys, this won’t be a blip on the radar for the general public. Besides the stuff with Nora was a management issue, and if they oust those people, the creative team shouldn’t really bear the brunt of it. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#149JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/24/21 at 5:06pm

The hate on here for this show is crazy. And just because some people behind the scenes are a**holes, doesn't mean a damn show should close. Jesus 18 months of closure and people on here pretending to care so much about all the theatre people having no work, then the moment they get their jobs back... the venom of Broadway World posters is back.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna