pixeltracker

WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?- Page 2

WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#25WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 12:07am

Sara and Gavin are both appearing at the ART’s gala on Friday. They sing together and announce this return?

Globefan
#26WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 1:51pm

I'd love to see Lucy Hale as Jenna 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 2:20pm

NO^^^^

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Hairspray0901
#28WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 2:21pm

TaleofTwo said: "I don't think contracts were signed yet, but I'm not sure it's going into the Brooks Atkinson. I believe they're only doing this to film the show with Sara.

The official website does mention the show returning"this fall"-https://waitressthemusical.com/
"

Where does it say this on the website? I don’t see anything but maybe it’s because I am looking at it on mobile. 

BCfitasafiddle
#29WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 2:33pm

Hairspray0901 said: "TaleofTwo said: "I don't think contracts were signed yet, but I'm not sure it's going into the Brooks Atkinson. I believe they're only doing this to film the show with Sara.

The official website does mention the show returning"this fall"-https://waitressthemusical.com/
"

Where does it say this on the website? I don’t see anything but maybe it’sbecause I am looking at it on mobile.
"

"THE DINER IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. 

WE CAN'T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU AGAIN WHEN BROADWAY REOPENS.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THIS FALL!"

Hairspray0901
#30WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 2:54pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Hairspray0901 said: "TaleofTwo said: "I don't think contracts were signed yet, but I'm not sure it's going into the Brooks Atkinson. I believe they're only doing this to film the show with Sara.

"

Where does it say this on the website? I don’t see anything but maybe it’sbecause I am looking at it on mobile.
"

"THE DINER IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU AGAIN WHEN BROADWAY REOPENS.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THIS FALL!"
"

I just looked on desktop and see it now. Strange it’s not appearing on mobile. 

bway0
#31WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/2/21 at 2:59pm

If you rotate your phone it will show up top left corner.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#32WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/4/21 at 9:27pm

aces25 said: "https://www.filmedonstage.com/news/459-waitress-to-return-to-broadway-this-fall-live-filming-planned?fbclid=IwAR1YBHmiM2UNnhNWGvdlaCwcO37GSUONkk836GzK1KVP9Y_a9NgXEIv0Wpk

This article suggests WAITRESS may film this fall and says in its original home at the Brook Atkinson Theatre. But SIX hasn't even opened yet and is slated to be there. Anyone know?
"

Honestly, SIX doesn't even need to re-open. They could make all their money on touring. They are officially a BROADWAY musical now, even if they didn't have an opening night. I have a feeling when the next tour comes to an end they will pop back in to whatever theatre is suddenly open. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#33WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/4/21 at 9:34pm

SIX never opened and is selling tickets(very well) for the Brooks Atkinson. WAITESS has to be forced elsewhere.SIX will open at the Brooks and WAITRESS can film elsewhere.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dolly80
#34WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/5/21 at 10:27am

MadonnaMusical said: "aces25 said: "https://www.filmedonstage.com/news/459-waitress-to-return-to-broadway-this-fall-live-filming-planned?fbclid=IwAR1YBHmiM2UNnhNWGvdlaCwcO37GSUONkk836GzK1KVP9Y_a9NgXEIv0Wpk

This article suggests WAITRESS may film this fall and says in its original home at the Brook Atkinson Theatre. But SIX hasn't even opened yet and is slated to be there. Anyone know?
"

Honestly, SIX doesn't even need to re-open. They could make all their money on touring. They are officially a BROADWAY musical now, even if they didn't have an opening night. I have a feeling when the next tour comes to an end they will pop back in to whatever theatre is suddenly open.
"

Yeah sure. It was selling really well and audiences were going crazy for it, so yeah- they’ll just skip Broadway and put it on tour. Jeez. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#35WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/5/21 at 10:41am

Other than that line in the article on Filmed On Stage (which is basically just a glorified blog) that says "Broadway home," I don't believe that anyone said anything about Waitress returning to the Brooks Atkinson, not even the WSJ article that they claimed to be quoting. Six shouldn't even be part of this conversation.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/5/21 at 4:47pm

Yeah no way Six is moving. Silly. It'll go to some open theater and be filmed there. I'm sure at this point it'll be the touring set so it won't matter. 

Timon3
#37WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?
Posted: 6/5/21 at 4:56pm

So Six is closing to make way for Waitress to return and be filmed.

Is this another Qanon conspiracy?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#38no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:01pm

https://twitter.com/zachsgotlife/status/1407361276133662721

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#39no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:05pm

LizzieCurry said: "https://twitter.com/zachsgotlife/status/1407361276133662721"

How exciting!

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#40no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:07pm

Interesting. I’m no fan of the show, I like the score but the show does nothing for me. Glad it is going to a small house though.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#41no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:11pm

The Lyceum is such a dump and not a great house for musicals because of its size and seating layout. But they'll be able to make a quick buck...

BCfitasafiddle
#42no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:16pm

That is the saddest marquee ever LOL. I loved the one at the Brooks.

Anyway, I love Waitress. I can't wait to see this.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#43no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:27pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The Lyceum is such a dump and not a great house for musicals because of its size and seating layout. But they'll be able to make a quick buck..."

I actually quite liked the Lyceum as a home for the last La Cage revival. It's a bit tight, but I've always found it to be a charming house. Fingers crossed this isn't some weird snafu. I would LOVE to see this show again, especially is Sara Bareilles is leading. I didn't go see her on Broadway because I worried about whether she could hold up to Jessie Mueller in an acting comparison. But I adored her in Girls5eva, and we all know she can sing the heck out of the score, so...I hope I have the chance to catch her this time!

ElphabaGoodman
#44no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:33pm

Sauja said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The Lyceum is such a dump and not a great house for musicals because of its size and seating layout. But they'll be able to make a quick buck..."

I actually quite liked the Lyceum as a home for the last La Cage revival. It's a bit tight, but I've always found it to be a charming house. Fingers crossed this isn't some weird snafu. I would LOVE to see this show again, especially is Sara Bareilles is leading. I didn't go see her on Broadway because I worried about whether she could hold up to Jessie Mueller in an acting comparison. But I adored her in Girls5eva, and we all know she can sing the heck out of the score, so...I hope I have the chance to catch her this time!
"

The last La Cage revival was at the Longacre, not Lyceum

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#45no
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:33pm

Sauja said: " I worried about whether she could hold up to Jessie Mueller in an acting comparison."

She did more than "hold up" to Jessie Mueller if you ask me. I thought she was quite a bit better. 

Exciting "news"! Though I agree with those saying the Lyceum is not ideal. Yes, it has a lot of character, and I don't mind seeing musicals there. But it has a kind of dour, creaky vibe that I wouldn't associate with Waitress. Not that it matters too much once the lights go dim for curtain, but I know they always made use of the "pie shop" vibe for PR

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46Waitress
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:34pm

Have to assume it'll just be a 3-4 month run with Sara?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#47Waitress
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:55pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "The last La Cagerevival was at the Longacre, not Lyceum"

HA. Quite right! My complete mistake. I'm distinctly less fond of the Lyceum, now that I've reminded myself of which theater is which. But I'm still excited at the prospect of seeing the show again and having the chance to see Bareilles perform in it!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#48Waitress
Posted: 6/22/21 at 12:59pm

ACL2006 said: "Have to assume it'll just be a 3-4 month run with Sara?"

I'm also assuming an October/November - January run. 

Oh look, a bibu!

electrode10
#49Waitress
Posted: 6/22/21 at 1:00pm

I'll never forget the last time I was in the Lyceum for The Realistic Jonses. We had cheap rear balcony seats.  It's quite steep up there. The usher held on to the railing like she was climbing a mountain, took one step, gestured vaguely, and said, "You're over there." Even just walking past patrons seated in the row to get to our seats I felt like I would tumble all the way down to the orchestra. Ah I miss the theater haha.