pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods- Page 14

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods

annang
#325Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 1:46am

lily carver said: "How much did you end up paying? The prices are nuts but maybe they go down right before the show. I got mine back in Nov at the box office along with the two horrible shows so now I feel it was more than worth it."

All performances are completely sold out, according to the NYCC website.

dig34
#326Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 8:42am

I posted late last night on Buy & Sell - I am selling ONE center mezz ticket for today's (5/8) 2 PM show. Selling at face value of ticket + fees, not looking to make $, just for someone who really wants to see it to use it at a fair price. Please private message me ASAP if anyone here is interested. Thank you! 

kwoc91
#327Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 9:25am

lily carver said: "How much did you end up paying? The prices are nuts but maybe they go down right before the show. I got mine back in Nov at the box office along with the two horrible shows so now I feel it was more than worth it."

$143 per ticket after fees for center mezz row B. My friend was watching stubhub like a hawk!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
lily carver
#329Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 12:20pm

Good job. I don't know re theater but for baseball games prices drop a lot right before the show.

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#330Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 12:45pm

Saw this last night. One of the best theatrical experiences I’ve ever had.  I truly hope this transfers to Broadway.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#331Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 1:33pm

Does anyone know if Jason will continue to play the role of Rapunzel’s Prince for the rest of the rest or will Jordan return?

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#332Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 5:58pm

What a wonderful day at the theater! Everyone really brought their all, even NPH who surprised me. Agree Sara, Heather, and Kennedy as (Milky White!) were standouts. Julia was a hilarious Red and Gavin really hammed up his Wolf.

I have only been to a handful of Encores (the last 3) and this is the first one that felt I was at Broadway house instead of uptown. Albeit maybe a preview as the scripts were out during the tricky dialogue and there were some timing differences btwn the actors and orchestra (NPH knocking, which he recovered for laughs; some of the giant footsteps felt a bit sound delayed, dings for the beans, etc), which all works itself out over time.

Funny incident that I wonder if they do at each show - the second cow prop (“not so milky white” ) make a squeaking sound when Sara + NPH pushed it toward the Heather which garnered some laughs so they kept it up. 

Would love to see a fully staged version (full scenery) - I wish I wish for a transfer! Also agree would love to see Sara in Broadway more, very sorry I missed her in Waitress but will follow her to any show now.

Edit: anyone else notice the playbill cast pages felt “different” than the rest of the book? Did they already print the books before the changes or something?

Updated On: 5/8/22 at 05:58 PM

TotallyEffed
#333Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 6:03pm

I think NPH knocking is an intentional bit and I actually wondered if the sounds of the second cow scraping was a string instrument in the orchestra. I think both moments were intentional.

BCfitasafiddle
#334Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 7:07pm

What Heather Headley is doing as The Witch is nothing short of revelatory. I've never felt so empathetic for the character as I did during this SUPERB production at City Center. Her witch is humanized, intimidating, rooted in total honesty, hilarious in a whole new way and completely heartbreaking. Words can't fully describe it, but others who have seen I trust you know what I mean.

And then there's Sara Bareilles. Thank the LORD she is part of the theatre community. What struck me most was her acting. She is breathing life into every moment of this show and bringing such sincerity to the Baker's Wife. "Moments in the Woods" was a complete journey from beginning to end. Sondheim would be so proud of the discoveries she's making in the lyric. Then, of course, there is her golden voice. I've never heard the score sung better. Across the board. They would be fools not to record this.

This production has been the highlight of the entire New York theatre season this year, for me. I laughed so hard, I cried so hard. What a gift. 

Updated On: 5/8/22 at 07:07 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#335Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 9:38pm

I was also at the matinee today and echo pretty much what everyone has said already. This production is extremely well done, and it would be amazing to see what they could accomplish with a full scale revival. 

I was sitting in the rear mezzanine, and I wish I could've been closer. I felt a little disconnected back there. I also wish the orchestra and pretty much the entire show was louder, maybe it was where I was sitting? The orchestra, although lovely, didn't sound like 15 pieces to me. 

Sara was made for Broadway, she is exquisitely talented. She is also a terrific Sondheim interpreter, and I would love to see what she could do with more of his work. She is very impressive. NPH was a poignant Baker, and his "No More" was very touching. Headley was wonderful as expected, but I was a little taken back by how much she underplays the ugly Witch. It was definitely a specific choice, but I could've used a little more in parts. Her act two Witch is a sensation. 

David Patrick Kelly and Ann Harada almost stole the show for me, really fantastic performance with impressive character choices. 

Milky White was as amazing as everyone has said. 

The community chorus was a no for me. It practically took me out of the moment, and watching them perform hokey choreography was distracting. 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#336Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 9:50pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "What Heather Headley is doing as The Witch is nothing short of revelatory. I've never felt so empathetic for the character as I did during this SUPERB production at City Center. Her witch is humanized, intimidating, rooted in total honesty, hilarious in a whole new way and completely heartbreaking. Words can't fully describe it, but others who have seen I trust you know what I mean."

Absolutely agree with this. I've never heard "Stay With Me" sung so beautifully or deeply. 

I was in the back of the mezzanine and felt a little disconnected with the show as a whole because I felt so boxed in. I agree with all the praise heaped on Bareilles, Lester and Creel. I was a bit underwhelmed with Thompson (seems like Jack is a really hard role to cast/act because it lives so specifically in between naiveté and manhood and is usually played too dumb). Pimental, too, while with a lovely voice, isn't really doing anything with the role. 

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#337Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 10:14pm

I saw this Friday and absolutely adored it. They have to either film it or do a cast album, preferably both. And while were at it, I would be delighted to see this production move to Broadway. Not only is the cast dynamite, but there's so many other wonderful choices from the creative team, and I'm sure they'd make even more if they did a complete staging. Based on how good they were here with minimal rehearsal time, Neil Patrick Harris, Sara Bareilles, Heather Headley, and Gavin Creel would all easily get Tony nominations. They'd be getting into the creative categories as well, and I can see some of the other performers being recognized. If a puppeteer can be, then Kennedy Kanagawa absolutely should be.

As it was, the use of scripts was very minimal. The only actor who consistently used one was David Patrick Kelly, and that was only as The Narrator, so it fit with the character, complete with the show's lone stand on the side for him to place it. When he was actually interacting with characters he didn't read from the script. The scripts were so sparse I seriously do have to wonder if they're aiming for a full production, it's almost entirely realized in such a manner. The only stage work that would really need a thought out change is how they used those stairs, Denee Benton's tumbles too telegraphed and slowed down one of NPH's entrances. Maybe it's just my love of the whole thing though, but even that was enjoyable.

But let me talk about the actors. I absolutely adore Christian Borle, he might be my favorite actor currently working on Broadway. I have no doubt in my mind I'd have loved his Baker and while I'm still saddened to have missed him, Neil Patrick Harris was as good in the role as I could've asked for. Singing wonderfully and clearly, he goofs it up when called for, but as it stands he played the straight man with impeccable comedic timing. And being the closest thing we have to a central character, he brings in the charm and pathos perfectly. You really do feel for him in both comedic and dramatic moments. I pity anyone who cancelled their tickets because of him. Also he gave a delightful shoutout to Chip Zien (robbed of that Tony nod) in the playbill.

He had a similarly stellar partner with Sara Bareilles. I had commented here previously noting that while I was excited for her, I was a little wary. When I watched the pilot to Girls5eva, I thought her comedic timing was a bit off. I had already heard that it improved as the show went on, and clearly it has, because she's hysterical here. Joanna Gleeson's legendary turn in this part will never be topped. It seems Bareilles knew that, because she amazed me by giving a totally different interpretation that stands on its own. She's much sweeter, even when pulling off not quite so moral actions. She earns different, new laughs this way, and it actually makes her Baker's Wife even more tragic. And of course, her voice is impeccable.

When Heather Headley started out, something was a little off. Her music was excellent from the get go, but her early spoken scenes - while very engaging - arguably needed a bit more spunk and comedy. It was then thrilling to see her grow into the role during the performance, because whatever she was lacking, she found it, and then some, and I'm sure she's only getting better. Her Witch brings the proper camp, but is more cool and otherworldly, especially before her transformation. She really brought out the sympathy in this part. She's less of a bully and more desperate and unstable, even playing out some real regret and guilt. I feel in the wrong hands, The Witch gets off too easily, but that's not the case here, and her karma only elicited sympathy.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Cinderella's Prince, but Gavin Creel was probably my favorite performance here. Unlike Robert Westenberg's comically stiff hyper masculine ham, Creel's is more sleek, sleazy, and campy, and the result was similarly uproarious. He was just as good playing The Wolf, really bringing out everything he could in the smaller role. Though his unmistakable tenor might seem an odd choice for the role, his flawless singing is thrilling. And in the midst of all his hamming it up, he still makes sure to bring out some genuine heart, making it clear his character's a jerk, but leaving you liking him anyway.

I'd say Denee Benton and David Patrick Kelly are in a similar spot. They both have room to grow, but their work is still wonderful, and I imagine they'll continue to get better. Denee is a delightful ingenue, her voice is to die for, and she kills the scene where Cinderella sands up for herself. Kelly seems incredibly happy to be sharing this story. If this becomes a full blown revival I look forward to him doing less reading and more acting as The Narrator, as he was so great in his bookless turn as the Mysterious Man. Credit for turning the character's "At first when I appear..." and disappearing distractions into some of the best laughs of the night.

I really wasn't familiar with Julia Lester before this, but I hope to see more of her, as she was phenomenal as Red Ridinghood. Whether playing cutesy or dangerous, she was hysterical and lovable. Cole Thompson is also giving an adorable and resonant turn as Jack, I hope to see more of him as well. And Ann Harada is of course as excellent as you'd expect as his mother. Shoutout to Jason Forbach. I'm sure Jodan Donica's great, but the understudy completely stepped up to the plate here. Poor Donica is missing key performances from a short run while his understudy is making his absence a non-issue. And mentioning her prince, Shireen Pimentel doesn't have a whole lot to do as Rapunzel, but you can't deny her voice is gorgeous.

Annie Golden excellently pulled off her three roles. I don't know if her staying silent in the finale was intentional or not, but it was hilarious. It was great to Lauren Mitchell returning to this show as well. Her, Brooke Ishabashi, and Ta'Nika Gibson were expertly obnoxious. That cane joke in Ever After was a masterful touch. David Turner is also as snooty as you'd want the steward to be, he makes the right choice of hinting guilt in Act 2, and his dance cracked me up. And good on this production for giving the thankless role of Cinderella's father some strong material. I like Albert Guerzon's choice to make him actively nasty rather than just oblivious, and his puppeteering actually gave the actor in this part something to do.

On the subject of puppets, Kennedy Kanagawa's work as Milky White is the definition of scene stealing. The cow has never been done so well, and the audience was absolutely eating him up. I love how the actor mimicked the emotions he brought out in the puppet. I love an intentionally cheap Milky White, but this along with the 2000s revival shows that actually letting an actor play around with the cow is the best possible option. His death and resurrection have never been better, and Kennedy earned an extremely deserving hand both times. He's adorable, he's a star! Additional credit must go to James Ortiz for his perfect work on designing the cow and other puppets.

The overall design feels so fresh yet true to James Lapine's original vision. The second cow's movement and the knocking on an invisible house were absolutely intentional choices, and they're great. Whether it's light like the golden egg coming out of the chicken or frightening like a simple change in background after the giant attacks, I just couldn't get enough.

The orchestra perfectly matches the ensemble's beautiful voices, it's one of the best sounding production you'll ever hear of this show, which is why it needs to be captured in one way or another. Rob Berman came out to bow with the cast and Neil rightfully bowed to the man like he did earlier to the prince. Another cute moment during the bow was Sara and Denee ecstatically found a common friend in the balcony, though I sadly have no clue who it was.

Even the merch was great, I love the design they have for it. Mysterious and enticing, but not too adult looking, still keeping that child like wonder. Struck the right blend, just like the overall production did. As for the much talked about chorus, it's not the choice I'd have made, but I'm perfectly fine with it. I understand someone saying it's too much, but given the recent events, it felt nice to have all these people come together. It's okay right now to be a little too cutesy, and I appreciate the intent. Congrats to Lear deBessonet and her stellar team, you knocked it out of the park!

Updated On: 5/8/22 at 10:14 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#338Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/8/22 at 11:42pm

Is it wrong to say I found Heather Headley to be the weak link? She’s merely good in a sea of great performances. IMHO, she underplayed things as the ugly witch, and then overplayed it as the beautiful witch. She didn’t feel like she was of a piece with the other performers, and she has some irritating vocal tics. (Lauren Mitchell also isn't great.)

Loved the idea of the community singers in the aisle for the finale, but it was so poorly executed. Some people around me were confused, and it was jarring to have the house lights suddenly come up in full.

LOVED NPH and Bareilles. They were so delightful and whimsical, and they sounded terrific. Creel was the happiest surprise for me — I usually find him grating, but I enjoyed his take on the Prince and especially the Wolf. I want to see Bareilles tackle a bunch more theatre roles.

This is among the better overall presentations I’ve seen at Encores, but without the element of surprise that has accompanied the rediscovery of a great old show. Sad to see Rob Berman leaving. This was a wonderfully-sung evening.

Save those hanging tree pieces and do NIGHT MUSIC next seaosn.

Updated On: 5/8/22 at 11:42 PM

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#339Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:19am

A comment made in the New York Times in reaction to the very positive review was that the person had seen better community theatre productions and I thought…..please give us a list of those theaters so we can all run like the wind to get season tickets.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#340Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:42am

TheQuibbler said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "What Heather Headley is doing as The Witch is nothing short of revelatory. I've never felt so empathetic for the character as I did during this SUPERB production at City Center. Her witch is humanized, intimidating, rooted in total honesty, hilarious in a whole new way and completely heartbreaking. Words can't fully describe it, but others who have seen I trust you know what I mean."

Absolutely agree with this. I've never heard "Stay With Me" sung so beautifully or deeply.

I was in the back of the mezzanine and felt a little disconnected with the show as a whole because I felt so boxed in. I agree with all the praise heaped on Bareilles, Lester and Creel. I was a bit underwhelmed with Thompson (seems like Jack is a really hard role to cast/act because it lives so specifically in between naiveté and manhood and is usually played too dumb). Pimental, too, while with a lovely voice, isn't really doing anything with the role.

"
Thompson came across as somewhat inexperienced to me. He was on the right track but had not made the leap when I saw it. I suspect he has grown throughout the run and made more concise acting decisions.I agree with you.It is a difficult role to pull off. What I noticed about Heather was sometimes when she walked into a scene in progress with other actors, she would shut down the established beats by starting her own rhythm. Not necessarily a criticism just unusual.

Updated On: 5/9/22 at 01:42 AM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#341Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 5:17am

ColorTheHours048 said: "It really is as good as everyone is saying. As iconic as the original production is, I found this Encores mounting to be both funnier and deeper than that recording. Into the Woods has always been one of my favorite Sondheim shows, but it genuinely felt like I was hearing some of these songs for the first time. Agree with everyone saying Heather and Sara were revelatory here. They both brought such fresh perspectives and voices to these roles that have always been essentially owned by Bernadette and Joanna.

There really wasn’t a weak link in the cast. Shoutouts to Denée Benton, Julia Lester, and Kennedy Kanagawa (yes, Milky White does nearly steal the whole show) for being utterly delightful in particular.

Beg, borrow, or steal to see this if you can. Truly one of my favorite nights in a theater I’ve ever had.
"

Yay! I'm so glad you said all that!

poisonivy2 said: "I saw this last night. It was AWESOME! Praying for a cast recording.

Review:

https://humbledandoverwhelmed.blogspot.com/2022/05/encores-into-woods-fulfills-every-wish.html
"

That was a great review! I really enjoyed reading that!

rattleNwoolypenguin, I agree about Ann Harada!

jbroadway4 said: "This production is one of the best pieces of theatre I have ever seen. I cannot remember a time I've been so blown away by a show! I have seen Into The Woods numerous times, but none compare to this production. It's lightning in a bottle! The whole entire cast was SPECTACULAR! Julia Lester is a star. Let's get her in more shows in NYC, please. Possibly a future Fanny Brice? Sara Barellis blew me away! As did NPH, who I was skeptical about at first.

Would certainly not be mad at a cast recording or Broadway transfer. Wow! 1000000000/10.
"

I LOVE what you said! Yes, Little Red Riding Hood was a star in her own right! I couldn't agree more with what you said!

Absolutely in agreement, jkcohen626!

OceansJenny said: "What a wonderful day at the theater! Everyone really brought their all, even NPH who surprised me. Agree Sara, Heather, and Kennedy as (Milky White!) were standouts. Julia was a hilarious Red and Gavin really hammed up his Wolf...

...Would love to see a fully staged version (full scenery) - I wish I wish for a transfer!"

I agree! I also wish for more "once upon a time" and, well, nicer costumes.

BCfitasafiddle, A very magical review you gave! And I so agree!

TheQuibbler said: "...Absolutely agree with this. I've never heard "Stay With Me" sung so beautifully or deeply...
...I agree with all the praise heaped on Bareilles, Lester and Creel. I was a bit underwhelmed with Thompson (seems like Jack is a really hard role to cast/act because it lives so specifically in between naiveté and manhood and is usually played too dumb). Pimental, too, while with a lovely voice, isn't really doing anything with the role.
"

I really agree with all that.

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure, I LOVED your review and agreed with so, so, so much!

UWS10023 said: "A comment made in the New York Times in reaction to the very positive review was that the person had seen better community theatre productions and I thought…..please give us a list of those theaters so we can all run like the wind to get season tickets."

Hahaha! That was funny!

Sorry I didn't mention anyone else by name but I am so happy and thoroughly enjoying reading all your reactions!

Updated On: 5/11/22 at 05:17 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#342Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:51am

I’ve been hearing from multiple people in the know that a transfer is definitely in the works. No other details yet but it seems to be past the discussion stage

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

aimeecurameng
#343Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:54am

Just wanted to check with anyone who's already gone to the show, merch is available there, right? I saw Playbill put up the merchandise but I'm going on Saturday so I can just get it in person and save myself shipping fees. Thank you!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#344Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:00pm

Kad said: "I’ve been hearing from multiple people in the know that a transfer is definitely in the works. No other details yet but it seems to be past the discussion stage"

With the expected Sweeney revival, I hope we aren’t oversaturated with Sondheim in one season. I rather savor these experiences. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#345Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:12pm

If this "Into the Woods" transfers to Broadway ASAP with this cast and buzz I don't think the Sweeney revival stands a chance of competing against it. My ideal dream would be they make a quick announcement and the Sweeney producers (whoever they are) put that one back on the drawing board. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TotallyEffed
#346Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:14pm

binau said: "If this "Into the Woods" transfers to Broadway ASAP with this cast and buzz I don't think the Sweeney revival stands a chance of competing against it. My ideal dream would be they make a quick announcement and the Sweeney producers (whoever they are) put that one back on the drawing board."

Not you trying to find a way to open up the possibility of Bernadette doing it lol

Updated On: 5/9/22 at 12:14 PM

AntonioBwy
#347Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:20pm

aimeecurameng said: "Just wanted to check with anyone who's already gone to the show, merch is available there, right? I saw Playbill put up the merchandise but I'm going on Saturday so I can just get it in person and save myself shipping fees. Thank you!"

They already ran out of most stuff. They still had mugs, posters, and notebooks yesterday evening. To make up for it, they are sharing promo code ENCORES! to get free delivery from the Playbill Store but it didn’t work for me.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#348Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:02pm

Kad said: "I’ve been hearing from multiple people in the know that a transfer is definitely in the works. No other details yet but it seems to be past the discussion stage"

Kad, does that mean Sara B is signed for a transfer? Beyond NPH (a late addition who is allegedly also circling Music Man), she's the only real "name." And who are the commercial producers behind it?

It's possible that next season we get Bway revivals of MERRILY, SWEENEY, ASSASSINS, and now this. A bit much, tbh...they would cannibalize each other. As we've seen with COMPANY's numbers, Sondheim has a finite interest. Rick Pappas or whoever is running Sondheim's estate now has full control to stop these and it would be a concerning way forward if he's going to allow a free-for-all that could damage the brand.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#349Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:11pm

I have no details, but it would be hard to imagine this moving forward without NPH and Bareilles. I just know that work is moving ahead in a real way. 

I would imagine it would be a quick transfer along the lines of Sunday, without much need for substantial adjustments. Merrily and Assassins seem like much less sure things- Assassins is small and has no “names,” while Merrily could very well fall flat on its face like so many productions of Merrily have- and we have no idea how far along that rumored Sweeney revival is in development (was there even a director named?). 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."