pixeltracker

Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases- Page 2

Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#25Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 11:56am

I read company I think cast, but you could be right on that one. 

Updated On: 9/30/21 at 11:56 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 1:24pm

Is tonight's show on?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ghostlight2
#27Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 1:30pm

"I read company I think cast, but you could be right on that one." 

Cast means cast. Crew means crew. Company means both, and then some..

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 1:32pm

ACL2006 said: "Is tonight's show on?"

Ticketmaster is still selling tickets for tonight, for whatever that’s worth  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 1:37pm

It also just popped up on TKTS for tonight as well, 30% off.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Broadway61004
#30Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 2:25pm

Their website is still saying that all future performances (after last night) are on as scheduled.  But I'd also assume they're still rapid testing and pending if any more positives come back could potentially need to cancel closer to this evening.  But provided they don't get any more positives, presumably they'll go on tonight.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 3:59pm

The show will resume performances tonight.

Looks like they took the tests I said they’d take and was made fun of for. So….yeah.

Updated On: 9/30/21 at 03:59 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#32Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 4:27pm

Happy to hear they're back on tonight. But I do worry over the next couple of weeks/months as these shows restart how many will have to cancel just one night or two because of false positives, or not enough understudies and swings. But if they're far and few between, it'll be totally understandable as they figure this whole thing out. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#34Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 9/30/21 at 6:28pm

Incubation period is 3-5 days, so if folks were exposed yesterday they won’t test positive for a while.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#35Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 5:46pm

Aladdin's performance tonight is canceled and so are all performances through 10/10. Just got the email for tonight.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#36Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 5:51pm

They shouldn't have had a performance last night.  Completely irresponsible.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#37Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:07pm

Tag said: "They shouldn't have had a performance last night. Completely irresponsible."

Agreed.

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#38Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:31pm

VotePeron said: "Incubation period is 3-5 days, so if folks were exposed yesterday they won’t test positive for a while."

Cut to.. almost EXACTLY 24 hours after your now prophetic post (and 3 days after the Tuesday night performance...) and we have the announcement of a week and a half shutdown due to more covid cases.. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend..

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#39Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:33pm

Yeesh... hoping everyone stays safe and recovers fully, so the show can go on as soon as possible. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/1/21 at 06:33 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#40Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:45pm

The incubation period is 1-14 days, not 3-5.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#41Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:47pm

Doesn’t their current situation totally contradict this statement in the article?

Blythe Adamson, PhD, MPH, the Epidemiologist working with Disney Theatrical Production:

”Daily PCR testing allows us the opportunity to detect a positive case before it is contagious. This allows us to isolate it before anyone else is put at risk, as we have done several times with the Aladdin company.”

Updated On: 10/1/21 at 06:47 PM

BdwyFan
#42Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 6:49pm

I wonder how much this costs for each week they cancel? Is it the full weekly nut?

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#43Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:24pm

Tag said: "The incubation period is 1-14 days, not 3-5."

This was true for the original strain, and even then, it was rare to have it be longer than 8-10 days. Delta has an incubation period of about 3-5 days.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#44Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:30pm

musikman said: "Tag said: "The incubation period is 1-14 days, not 3-5."

This was true for the original strain, and even then, it was rare to have it be longer than 8-10 days. Delta has an incubation period of about 3-5 days.
"

And now people are getting both strains. 

Just give the world Love.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#45Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:39pm

OrchardAndRivington said: "VotePeron said: "Incubation period is 3-5 days, so if folks were exposed yesterday they won’t test positive for a while."

Cut to.. almost EXACTLY 24 hours after your now prophetic post (and 3 days after the Tuesday night performance...) and we have the announcement of a week and a half shutdown due to more covid cases.. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend..
"

It’s science, folks. I don’t take pride in predicting, but there was no way it got magically contained. Really hoping everyone at Aladdin remains safe, and in good health, or recovers swiftly. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#46Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:47pm

uncageg said: "And now people are getting both strains."

What does that even mean?

I think we are getting some wildly random tidbits of info right now. Maybe we know eventually know more, maybe we won't. Statistics don't mean much when you are staring at a bunch of cases that have a precise etiology that (again) we may or may not be able to discern. I'm sure Disney is going to leave no stone unturned because the one thing we can say with assurance right now is that something happened that wasn't supposed to happen. 

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#47Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:55pm

HogansHero said: "uncageg said: "And now people are getting both strains."

What does that even mean? . I'm sure Disney is going to leave no stone unturned because the one thing we can say with assurance right now is that something happened that wasn't supposed to happen.
"

What? I’m so confused as to what this means  

You cannot stop getting Covid. Vaccinations do not prevent it. They prevent hospitalization. What happened was people got covid, as they will, and spread it. No guidelines Disney can think of will stop the actors getting it unless they live in bubbles their entire run. Riding the subway, walking to the stage door, the grocery store, ANYTHING and you can catch it. 

Broadwaybuff17
#48Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 7:58pm

I dont understand why they test so often... This is the new world.. Cant just keep shutting down because of a covid case. Its time for broadway to stop being the covid police and start operating like the sports world. Its crazy how badly broadway got this whole covid thing so wrong.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#49Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases
Posted: 10/1/21 at 8:07pm

Broadwaybuff17 said: "I dont understand why they test so often... This is the new world.. Cant just keep shutting down because of a covid case. Its time for broadway to stop being the covid police and start operating like the sports world. Its crazy how badly broadway got this whole covid thing so wrong."

You do know that Broadway artists died because of Covid? Uncertain about the "sports world" but in this community that can't happen again.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE