pixeltracker

2022 Broadway Real Estate- Page 4

2022 Broadway Real Estate

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#752022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 6/30/22 at 1:59pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "I've googled, but cant find much info besides one sentence descriptions. Can someone explain to me what "Ain't No Mo" is?"

This played the Public Theatre in 2019. Jesse Green's review:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/27/theater/aint-no-mo-review-jordan-cooper.html
"

I feel like this review gives away a lot of details that would be much more fun to discover fresh in the theatre.

Suffice it to say the show is a loose, modern spin on George C. Wolfe’s “The Colored Museum.” It introduces a kind of absurd, satirical premise where every Black person in America is given a ticket to go live in Africa – then the play is a series of imaginative vignettes showing us how the premise plays out in a variety of settings. It’s wild, and often funny, but packs a punch in the end. 

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#762022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 6/30/22 at 11:34pm

What’s New York, New York? Surely not an adaptation of the movie of that name, right?

thanks for all the tips troynow!

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#772022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 7/1/22 at 12:26am

Sauja said: "What’s New York, New York? Surely not an adaptation of the movie of that name, right? thanks for all the tips troynow!"

Oh, but it is. Could be fun...like the movie, but don't know much about the show other than Susan Stroman is at the helm

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

andrewsmash
#782022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 7/1/22 at 11:24am

Here is a recent article that talks about it briefly! (New York, New York) It's hard to find anything about it online given the word association.

Link Here

inception Profile Photo
inception
#792022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 7/2/22 at 8:58am

There is another "New York, New York!" show playing tonight at Bard Summerscape festival. From their web site:

"Susanne Bartsch presents: New York, New York!

A little risque but always extraordinary, nightlife maven Susanne Bartsch returns with another iconic lineup of the best variety performers the city has to offer. A cross between a night at the theater and burlesque circus, New York, New York! is a wake up call direct from the city that never sleeps. 

Featuring Amanda Lepore, Joey Arias, Julia Atlas Muz, Brent Ray Fraser, Chartruice, Leonid the Magnificent, Neon calypso, Lola Von Rox, Rocky Lanes, and more!"

This show though, is listed as playing in the Spiegeltent, which makes me think it could be produced by SpiegleWorld? Maybe a tryout for a new Las Vegas show to compliment their 3 other shows there?  Could be just be a one off, as I don't see some of these performers wanting to be full time in Vegas.

https://fishercenter.bard.edu/events/bartsch-ny-ny/

Dolly80
#802022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 7/2/22 at 4:20pm

New York New York is definitely going to the St James.

amiyagi
#812022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 1:04pm

Real estate looks pretty full for the rest of this year. I think just the Broadway and Studio 54 are vacant.

Looking at spring 2023 though it gets rough. While lots of shows are rumoured, many aren't official or haven't announced theatres.  

I have 15 empty: American Airlines, Broadway, Barrymore, Schoenfeld, Hudson, Jones, Golden, Longacre, Lyceum, Majestic, Marquis, Music Box, Nederlander, St James and Studio 54. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#822022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 1:13pm

amiyagi said:

I have 15 empty: American Airlines, Broadway, Barrymore, Schoenfeld, Hudson, Jones, Golden, Longacre, Lyceum, Majestic, Marquis, Music Box, Nederlander, St James and Studio 54."

Most of these are taken for the Spring, there just haven't been official announcements yet.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Phantom4ever
#832022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 1:44pm

ACL, do you know when the Majestic reno is supposed to be completed for a new show to load in?  Spring or summer? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#842022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 1:48pm

Phantom4ever said: "ACL, do you know when the Majestic reno is supposed to be completed for a new show to load in? Spring or summer?"

Nothing's been confirmed.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

chrishuyen
#852022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 2:13pm

No direct insider information but from what I've seen on this board, here are the rumors for each theater:

• Broadway: Here Lies Love - seems still a bit up in the air at this point though
  • Hudson: Cabaret - there's been so much back and forth on this that I don't know how true it is anymore but it still seems like the strongest rumor outside of maybe Merrily (though it seems like that probably won't try to transfer this season)?
  • Lyceum: Sing Street - not as much a rumor, but more just something that would make sense considering that's where it was originally slated to go
  • Music Box: Prima Facie - haven't heard much about this recently but assuming this is still the case
  • St. James: New York, New York - as far as I know seems pretty confirmed
  • Winter Garden: Back to the Future - ditto

Would Roundabout have something else up their sleeve for American Airlines that has yet to be announced, or would it be more likely they just rent it out at this point?  I'm assuming they're gonna have a larger musical revival for Studio 54 that also hasn't been announced yet--any rumors on what that could be?

chrishuyen
#862022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 2:15pm

Update, just saw Life of Pi was rumored for possibly the Schoenfeld in spring

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#872022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 2:51pm

Would Roundabout have something else up their sleeve for American Airlines that has yet to be announced, or would it be more likely they just rent it out at this point? I'm assuming they're gonna have a larger musical revival for Studio 54 that also hasn't been announced yet--any rumors on what that could be?"

Roundabout does include on their 2022-2023 subscription page that there will be two additional Broadway shows announced. https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/get-tickets/subscribe-22-23/

I saw on Twitter someone suggest that the Encores production of "Parade" will be one of the two, but that is pure speculation and from one Twitter thread so take it with a grain of salt.

I also assume "Pirates of Penzance" will be having a full production in the future since they had a new adaptation written and I don't see why they'd do that only for a Gala Benefit Reading.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#882022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 3:07pm

Has American Airlines ever housed a musical? Pirates of Penzance could go to the Hudson.

chrishuyen
#892022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 3:08pm

ACL2006 said: "Has American Airlines ever housed a musical? Pirates of Penzance could go to the Hudson."

It's housing one right now with 1776.  And the Hudson isn't a Roundabout house, unless you meant that on purpose

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#902022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 3:09pm

There was a thank-you email sent to people who saw the reading and it definitely made it sound like this was step 1 of a full revival. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#912022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 3:47pm

ACL2006 said: "Has American Airlines ever housed a musical? Pirates of Penzance could go to the Hudson."

Mostly recently On the 20th Century and Violet were both there.

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#922022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 10/19/22 at 5:08pm

n2nbaby said: "ACL2006 said: "Has American Airlines ever housed a musical? Pirates of Penzance could go to the Hudson."

Mostly recently On the 20th Century and Violet were both there.
"

Also, The Boys from Syracuse, Big River, and The Pajama Game, all after the Roundabout renovation.

SingOutLouise3
#932022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 1:52pm

troynow said: "Well here is the dreaded time of year where old shows move on and new shows move in. Forgive me if someone has started the new thread I did not see it.

SHUBERT THEATRE

Spring: POTUS starring Vanessa Willams

Fall: Spring Some Like it Hot

BROADHURST THEATRE

SPRING: A Beautiful Noise

LONGACRE:

SPRING: Macbeth

FALL:

BOOTH THEATRE

SPRING: For Colored Girls

FALL: Kimberly Akimbo

GOLDEN THEATRE:

SPRING: Hangmen

FALL: Top Dog Under Dog

CORT: THEATRE

FALL: Ohio State Murders

SONDHEIM THEATRE:

Doubtfire

FALL: SHUCKED

IMPERIAL THEATRE

SPRING: CINDERELLA

HUDSON THEATRE"

SPRING: Death Of A Salesman

FALL/WInter: Merrily We Roll Along

Pretty Excited about the new shows moving in.

St James:

Fall: Piano Lesson

Spring: New York New York

Bellasco

SPRING: Girl from the North Country

FALL: Ain No Mo.

"

Based on limited runs and closing notices it looks like openings for 2023 fall real estate could include: American Airlines, August Wilson, Barrymore, Belasco, Golden, Hudson, Longacre, Majestic, Schoenfeld, Studio 54. 

Also any updates on Palace reopening? 

I realize some shows could extend, but I’d love to hear what some of you with strong buzz know what could be coming in later this year. thank you!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#942022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 2:08pm

I don’t think the Schoenfeld will be vacant in the fall… yet. Life of Pi is an open-ended run. 

Oh look, a bibu!

chrishuyen
#952022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 2:19pm

The list of theaters I have that don't have an open run are (assuming the Majestic will also be closed for renovations):

• American Airlines
  • August Wilson
  • Barrymore
  • Belasco
  • Circle in the Square
  • Golden
  • Hayes
  • Hudson
  • Jacobs
  • Jones
  • Longacre
  • Studio 54

And shows that have announced they're coming in the next season include:

• The Wiz (Spring 2024)
  • Merrily We Roll Along (Fall 2023)
  • Purlie Victorious (Late Summer 2023)
  • Mousetrap (2023)
  • High Noon (2023)

But there also seems to be some chatter about Chess, Lempicka, The Notebook, and Kiss of the Spider Woman.  Also previously announced for past seasons that didn't materialize were Sing Street, Ain't Supposed to Die a Natural Death, Pal Joey, DDLJ, and Romeo and Bernadette, though I'm pretty dubious about these coming soon except maybe Sing Street.  And of course, there could be any number of West End transfers too.

amiyagi
#962022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 2:20pm

Well Merrily, Mousetrap, The Wiz and Purlie Victorius have all been announced but not their theatres.

As of Sept 4 I have more than that open:

American Airlines
August Wilson
Belasco
Jacobs
Circle in the Square
Barrymore
Hudson
Jones
Golden
Longacre
Lyceum
Studio 54

Presumably the Majestic will be closed for renovations. No idea when the Palace is reopening. The Cottage also ends its run October 29 so the Hayes will be available late fall as well. 

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#972022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 2:39pm

Didn't I hear or read about an announcement from KISS MY AZTEC, the John Leguizamo musical for the fall?

Updated On: 3/3/23 at 02:39 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#982022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 3:16pm

I've heard Merrily is taking the August Wilson. Kiss My Aztec is taking the Lyceum unfortunately.

broadwayben3
#992022 Broadway Real Estate
Posted: 3/3/23 at 3:25pm

Could we expect a Days of Wine and Roses transfer in the fall?

Videos