Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman

Theatrefanboy1
#1Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 1:58pm

With the constant bromance of Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. I’m wondering if there’s any shows that come to mind that they would be great in to capitalize on this chemistry.  

of course the Old Couple comes to mind.  Anything else you’d like to see them in together

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 2:07pm

Neither is appropriate for THE ODD COUPLE.

It would have to be a play, since a musical couldn't sustain two salaries at that level.

If anything, perhaps Reynolds' appreciation of his friends Mr. Gyllenhaal and Mr. Jackman means that he could do a musical himself...the Devil in Damn Yankees?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 2:47pm

I would sit through Music Man AND pay the absurd premium to see Ryan Reynolds replace Hugh Jackman. He’s so ridiculously snarky and cunning that it would really give River City the shakeup it needs

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#4Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 3:21pm

I mean Hugh's two straight play endeavors were sold out hits, even if they arrived with mixed reviews. Just imagine a two-fer with Ryan? 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

JSquared2
#5Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 3:55pm

City of Angels for 2 weeks at City Center.

JasonC3
#6Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 4:54pm

Brokeback Mountain: The Play

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 5:03pm

Jackman and Reynolds in The Odd Couple. Broadway 2024!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#8Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 5:11pm

How about both of them as both sets of master and servant, in a new production or adaptation of The Comedy of Errors? “For the first time ever, Jackman and Reynolds meet Reynolds and Jackman.”

tomwsjr
#9Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 5:25pm

La Cage Aux Folles 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 5:41pm

JasonC3 said: "Brokeback Mountain: The Play"

Ryan is 46

Hugh is 54

Um… no.  

JasonC3
#11Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 5:49pm

I was kidding, of course, but still why so ageist with gay cowboy romances?  Have a little imagination. They are both still hot AF.

Updated On: 2/11/22 at 05:49 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#12Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 6:06pm

Lolz.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#13Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 7:10pm

JasonC3 said: "I was kidding, of course, but still why so ageist with gay cowboy romances? Have a little imagination. They are both still hot AF."

Thank You !!

Non sibi sed patriae

jo
#14Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/11/22 at 10:38pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "With the constant bromance of Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. I’m wondering if there’s any shows that come to mind that they would be great in to capitalize on this chemistry.

of course the Old Couple comes to mind. Anything else you’d like to see them in together
"

Nah  - fans want them to co-star in a buddy road comedy! Not Broadway!

And I agree with that!

You know how they became friends? Hugh starred and also co-produced XMen Origins-Wolverine and likely helped cast Ryan as Deadpool. At that time, Ryan had just married (now ex-wife) Scarlett Johansson & Hugh would say to Ryan that he'd better be a good boy because he would not like his co-star (The Prestige/Woody Allen's Scoop) ScarJo be unhappy.  When Ryan's first Deadpool movie came along ,Hugh helped in many ways ( putting in a good word with reluctant FOX), did a famous cameo ( as a mask) and helped in the promotional interviews, They go a long way...and have capitalized on it with a faux-feud kept alive these many years.

Fans want to see them do a movie together ever since! And Shawn Levy ( who was at the Music Man Opening Night and posed with Ryan on the Red carpet ... and had directed  Real Steel ( one of Hugh's surprise hits) could be an ideal director for a project.

If  you follow them on social media -- they have some of the funniest interactions laugh

jo
SisterGeorge
#16Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/12/22 at 10:22am

JSquared2 said: "City of Angels for 2 weeks at City Center.

Yes! Andrew Rannells and Gavin Creel performed "You're Nothing Without Me" last night at the "50 Years of Broadway at the Kennedy Center" star-packed concert and thought of this thread which I had seen just before leaving for the theater. Hoping this concert got recorded for broadcast. It was epic.

"

Sister George

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#17Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/18/22 at 10:13pm

Perhaps a marriage-equality version of THE FOURPOSTER.  And Jake Gyllenhaal could understudy both roles.

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....
Updated On: 2/18/22 at 10:13 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#18Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/19/22 at 12:59am

you guys are thirsty

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#19Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/19/22 at 3:57pm

quizking101 said: "I would sit through Music Man AND pay the absurd premium to see Ryan Reynolds replace Hugh Jackman. He’s so ridiculously snarky and cunning that it would really give River City the shakeup it needs"

I think he's be so much better a fit for the role.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#20Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/19/22 at 4:38pm

I love Ryan Reynolds’s, but does Broadway really need him? Or vice versa?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#21Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/19/22 at 5:04pm

It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind it if the next Deadpool movie was a musical, with a singing Wolverine making an appearance. The Deadpool character is already established as a Broadway stan, so it all fits.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#22Ryan Reynolds Hugh Jackman
Posted: 2/19/22 at 5:22pm

joevitus said: "quizking101 said: "I would sit through Music Man AND pay the absurd premium to see Ryan Reynolds replace Hugh Jackman. He’s so ridiculously snarky and cunning that it would really give River City the shakeup it needs"

I think he's be so much better a fit for the role.
"

i agree with this…i honestly would love to see him do it.

Videos