pixeltracker

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 21

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#500West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/24/23 at 1:51pm

Happy to read that you finally saw the production and had a nice time! 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#501West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/24/23 at 1:55pm

This will be the first show on my trip next month. What a great way to kick off some West End shows. I'm also seeing Guys and Dolls, Dylan... you've got my hyped for both shows now!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#502West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/24/23 at 2:00pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "This will be the first show on my trip next month. What a great way to kick off some West End shows. I'm also seeing Guys and Dolls, Dylan... you've got my hyped for both shows now!"

Awe, that’s good! Thanks! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#503West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/28/23 at 1:44pm

For anyone who has seen the production in London - is there a better side of the stage to view the production from? There is the side with the additional upper circle and then the side with just the dress circle.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#504West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/28/23 at 2:01pm

Get a seat on the side of the venue that was not built for this production, which is the side with the Upper Circle. A large portion of the production is staged towards that side of the theatre despite being in the round.

theatergoer3
#505West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 10:05am

Seemingly early leak on NYTix - 

https://www.nytix.com/shows/cabaret

Cast Members

Emcee

Eddie Redmayne

Sally Bowles

Aimee Lou Wood

Clifford Bradshaw

John McCrea

Cabaret Summary

• Show Status: Future
  • Genre: Musical
  • Cabaret is 2 hours 45 minutes long, including an intermission of 15 minutes 
  • 8 Shows per week
  • Previews Begin: February 7, 2024 
  • Show Opens: March 2, 2024 
  • Show Closes: Open ended

Updated On: 7/3/23 at 10:05 AM

Dylan Smith4
#506West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 10:14am

I hope to god this is legitimate! 3 British stars coming to Broadway!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

binau Profile Photo
binau
#507West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 10:17am

Isn't that website notorious for doing exactly this and always being wrong? In particular that Cliff casting seems to go against the director's pretty clear intention so that might be a giveaway that is just made up.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 7/3/23 at 10:17 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#509West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 10:23am

If that’s the legit cast, then I’m ready. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
lopside
#511West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 11:02am

Why would John McCrea want to be downgraded to Cliff when he has played the Emcee in the production??

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#512West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 11:09am

This is not the cast. Those are not the dates. 

Stop posting NYTIX. 

nativenewyorker2
#513West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 12:55pm

According to Michael Musto, Sally will either be

-christin miloti

-Adrianne Warren or

-Micaela Diamond 

https://www.queerty.com/cabaret-dreamgirls-casting-tea-and-a-new-nyc-gay-bar-20230703

Aik1099
#514West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 1:13pm

Would LOVE Cristin!!

Updated On: 7/3/23 at 01:13 PM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#515West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 1:42pm

Adrienne would kill it. But, to me, Sally's naivete and lack of care come across much stronger and work better if she is white and it is her white privilege that affords her the ability to be naive and not to care. I think especially with the choice to make Cliff Black in this production, there is a strong contrast implied where the color of his skin makes it so he does not have the luxury of just standing by while she does. 

I don't know if any of this has really been thought out by the creative team or if it's just my read. But, to the best of my knowledge, every Sally in this production has been white and every Cliff Black. 

chrishuyen
#516West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 1:43pm

Between these three I would definitely be most interested in Michaela (though I don't know Cristin so not sure how much of a pull she is), between her age skewing younger and how much of a buzz she's generated for her performance as Lucille.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#517West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 2:04pm

Cristin would be the PERFECT Sally for this revival. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#518West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 2:20pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Cristin would be the PERFECT Sally for this revival."

I know Micaela and Adrienne would be exceptional, but Cristin returning to Broadway as Sally Bowles would be magical!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

lopside
#519West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 2:25pm

None of these people seem interesting in the way of a Jessie Buckley or Aimee Lou Wood and their inherently transgressive energies. And we've gone over Buckley not being that known of a name here, but I thought they would aim for at least not-quite-so-unbalanced name recognition. 

lopside
#520West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 2:32pm

jkcohen626 said: "Adrienne would kill it. But, to me, Sally's naivete and lack of care come across much stronger and work better if she is white and it is her white privilege that affords her the ability to be naive and not to care. I think especially with the choice to make Cliff Black in this production, there is a strong contrast implied where the color of his skin makes it so he does not have the luxury of just standing by while she does.

I don't know if any of this has really been thought out by the creative team or if it's just my read. But, to the best of my knowledge, every Sally in this production has been white and every Cliff Black.
"

I think the staging of I Don't Care Much places a very clear burden of choice on Sally, and with more of a contempt for her choices than other characters (excluding Emcee obv.) and they could restage that, but otherwise they would be undermining it without a white woman in the role. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#521West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 3:54pm

I would have thought they would want a British or Irish woman to play Sally Bowls

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#522West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 4:04pm

From what I have heard, one of those names is a lock.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
Dylan Smith4
#524West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 7/3/23 at 4:56pm

Eddie Redmayne of course!

Videos