pixeltracker

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Officially Happening March 27th! (& in Movie Theaters March 2024!)- Page 3

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Officially Happening March 27th! (& in Movie Theaters March 2024!)

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#50Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/1/23 at 12:29am

Do you think the fund would have an online streaming option available (for a price of course)?

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#51Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/1/23 at 7:36am

There is a ticket up on eBay.  Already has a bid for $450!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#52Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/1/23 at 11:22am

This box office situation is common for Benefit performances, but still rather silly. Remember, the SPRING AWAKENING event started about an hour late because of the same box office situation.

Another likely reason:  This being a benefit, the orchestra section will be a game of Tetris when determining exact locations, keeping VIP parties/packages together, etc. For a Broadway opening night or a big nonprofit gala, the seating charts can change even through the day-of.

That said, they should absolutely send digital tickets for the rest of us plebes sitting up in the mezz, since we know our seat numbers already! (Do folks in the orchestra have exact locations?)

SeanD2
#53Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/1/23 at 11:48am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "This box office situation is common for Benefit performances, but still rather silly. Remember, the SPRING AWAKENING event started about an hour late because of the same box office situation.

Another likely reason: This being a benefit, the orchestra section will be a game of Tetris when determining exact locations, keeping VIP parties/packages together, etc. For a Broadway opening night or a big nonprofit gala, the seating charts can change even through the day-of.

That said, they should absolutely send digital tickets for the rest of us plebes sitting up in the mezz, since we know our seat numbers already! (Do folks in the orchestra have exact locations?)
"

Yes, we in the orchestra do have our exact seating locations

dwirth
#54Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:55am

If you are on the Ragtime concert waitlist - check your email today! I responded today to a "we may have some tickets" email (on waitlist since 2020) - got a call minutes later - now have tickets - and changing my vacation plans to head to NYC March 27 for the concert. 

As a fan since seeing it in Toronto, pre Broadway, in '96, I am stunned. 

mufish
#55Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 2/26/23 at 4:01pm

At the risk of blowing up my spot, in case folks aren't aware they're doing a Ragtime concert with the Boston Pops this spring, as well as this summer at Tanglewood. 

Tickets go on sale March 28 for the shows at Symphony Hall: https://www.bso.org/events/symphonic-ragtime

The Tanglewood tickets go on sale sooner, March 9: https://www.bso.org/events/boston-pops-symphonic-ragtime

Not sure how similar this is to the Actor's Fund concert, but I'd venture to guess that one of you fine posters who are more attuned to these things will know!

thescytheandthesword
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#57Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/1/23 at 9:51pm

That listing has an interesting bit of news that ticket pickup will start at 5:30 so hopefully that makes things run smoothly.  

dwirth
#58Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/1/23 at 11:10pm

I was given similar instructions for my "normal people" ticket pickup - 5:30-7:00 at lobby tables for 7 pm concert - and am taking no chances with timing..

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#59Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/13/23 at 10:44am

Just in: Lea Michele will make a special appearance in the benefit concert. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano
#60Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/15/23 at 2:35pm

If you have tix, check your email. They sent something out where they want you to confirm you’ll be there. I’d be afraid to not answer that and have them cancel your order. 

thescytheandthesword
#61Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 8:55pm

God I am so happy I held on to my tickets for three years. The vocal performances, the orchestra, everything is just breathtaking.

It’s also funny how many people I can hear sniffling around me… but I’ve cried five times and it’s only been the first act so I can’t talk.

BCfitasafiddle
#62Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 9:02pm

God, I'm so jealous I can barely type.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#63Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 9:28pm

thescytheandthesword said: "God I am so happy I held on to my tickets for three years. The vocal performances, the orchestra, everything is just breathtaking.

It’s also funny how many people I can hear sniffling around me… but I’ve cried five times and it’s only been the first act so I can’t talk.

"

Are there cameras there?! Either for wide release or preservation?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

thescytheandthesword
#64Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 10:19pm

There was a notice about filming but I’m assuming it’s just to film something to advertise for the actors fund

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#65Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 10:23pm

I hear they’re hoping to distribute it via a streaming service. I really hope it happens. I so wish I were there tonight!

Jordan Catalano
#66Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 10:37pm

That was one of the greatest nights ever. 

JSquared2
#67Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 10:55pm

Goddamn this was an AMAZING night!!!

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#68Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 11:11pm

I’m pretty sure my tear ducts have ceased to exist after tonight lol.   I’d be hard pressed to find an evening that could ever surpass this.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

mlledir
#69Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/27/23 at 11:56pm

I don't know about release, but I sat next to one of the 3-4 videographers -- they absolutely filmed the entire thing.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#70Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:01am

This was beyond AMAZING!!!  Just GLORIOUS!

Jordan Catalano
#71Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:13am

I had thought it might just be everyone lined up with music stands but the fact it was “semi” staged really impressed me, even using some of the original choreography. 

And Audra and Brian gave full on Tony worthy performances from the second they stepped onstage. Everyone was spectacular, though.

Updated On: 3/28/23 at 12:13 AM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#72Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:15am

Was he who shall not be named there?

dwirth
#73Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:20am

Was hard to believe at times tonight that my wife and I  (in from Cleveland for the concert) were in the theater witnessing this event some 27 years after we first saw it  in Toronto in its pre-Broadway run... and 3 years after being waitlisted...

Despite the decades, the cast hardly missed a beat - and seemed to be having the time of their lives - with probably a half-dozen standing ovations during the evening.. 

The original Little Boy - and, as advertised - the Little Girl (Lea) -  made a special appearance at the end...

The audience was littered with producers, Tony winners, Broadway faves, and more...

Wow.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#74Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:58am

Was there any mention of Marin at all?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement