pixeltracker

Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2

Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#1Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:05pm

According to Gawker who has 'inside info', Leah Michele is definitely replacing Beanie, starting September 30. She's contracted to do six shows a week, and Julie Benko will be taking over the other two shows per week. 

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/lea-michele-to-replace-beanie-feldstein-in-funny-girl?utm_campaign=gawker&utm_content=1656619064&utm_medium=owned&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1QYFx5QnxGtS5Ics-FicxmT0sdBq6-yVLlcWyPkvovXH122MeD91UzbCE

Updated On: 7/4/22 at 07:05 PM

JasonC3
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:37pm

Because Gawker is such a reliable source...

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#4Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:43pm

Oh, Jordan, behave. Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:45pm

Lol. Look, if this is true she’s going to be great. I think no matter what one thinks of her personally, pretty much  everyone agrees that the talent is there and she’s going to be great in the role. 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#6Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:49pm

If this is true, I will move mountains to try to get to NYC to see this. Too bad Company will be closed Leah Michele to do 6 nights of FUNNY GIRL a week, starting Sept 30 - Benko to do the other 2

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#7LEA MICHELE as FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:52pm

Just showing her the respect she deserves by correcting the spelling of her name.

Non sibi sed patriae

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#8LEA MICHELE as FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 6/30/22 at 7:58pm

Highland Guy said: "Just showing her the respect she deserves by correcting the spelling of her name."

Well maybe the OP is NOT ONE OF HER FAAANNNNNNNNNNS.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#9LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 8:33pm

I’m rather ambivalent to her. If she gets good reviews I will go to see her. 

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#10LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 9:21pm

Did we really need to start another thread? 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#11LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 9:36pm

If this is true, they absolutely have to bring in Idina Menzel to replace Jane Lynch.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dollypop
#12LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 9:43pm

Sally Durant Plummer said: "If this is true, I will move mountains to try to get to NYC to see this. Too bad Company will be closed LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2"

Lea Michele is not in COMPANY.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#14LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 9:56pm

Popular said: "Did we really need to start another thread?"

It's the age-old question.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#15LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 10:13pm

Call_me_jorge said: "If this is true, they absolutely have to bring in Idina Menzel to replace Jane Lynch."

Holy God, now that would be sold out often and be an EVENT. 

Lea and Julie are perfect for this role and it would be awesome if they got to share it. 

Updated On: 6/30/22 at 10:13 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#16LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 10:23pm

Idina’s “Who Taught Her Everything She Knows?” would definitely resonate deliciously.  kiss

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#17LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 6/30/22 at 10:59pm

Popular said: "Did we really need to start another thread?"

Did you really need to respond ? 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#18LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 12:07am

Let’s be honest…

they really screwed the pooch the first go around with the casting. They need a hefty replacement, and the sheer drama of Lea being the one would move tickets. 

bk
#19LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 12:08am

Gawker and "sources" means someone's publicist is working overtime. If she's going to do it, I should think there'll be an official statement rather than sources. Until then, why even talk about it?

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#20LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 2:22am

Jordan Catalano said: "Lol. Look, if this is true she’s going to be great. I think no matter what one thinks of her personally, pretty much everyone agrees that the talent is there and she’s going to be great in the role."

She'll sing the hell out of the score, but I don't know that means she'll be a good Fanny Brice. She's frankly too traditionally pretty for the role. 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#21LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 8:23am

This is adding insult to injury. Not only I paid to see a terrible show with a terrible lead, and then you hire someone better to do it? The producers should give us all a refund to buy a new ticket and see it with a qualified performer.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#22LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 8:29am

If you’ve done a sexy pinup for Maxim magazine, playing a  homely girl is gonna feel like the old “put glasses on the supermodel and she’s suddenly an invisible nerd” trope.

pmensky
#23LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 9:06am

darquegk said: "If you’ve done a sexy pinup for Maxim magazine, playing a homely girl is gonna feel like the old “put glasses on the supermodel and she’s suddenly an invisible nerd” trope."

Yes, I’m sure all the audience members who go to see Lea in FG will be thinking, “That’s the sexy girl from Maxim? I want my money back!” 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#24LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 9:26am

I've never found Lea Michele to be traditionally pretty. Much like Barbra, she has a distinctive nose that makes her beauty "quirky," so, physically, I think she's a great fit for Fanny.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
Posted: 7/1/22 at 9:30am

It would be very interesting if they end up doing a cast recording with Lea Michelle. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000