pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 7

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

inception Profile Photo
inception
#150COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/6/23 at 10:32am

bear88 said

, I am guessing ATG will try to charge about $300 or more for good orchestra seats on a weekend. But they won’t fill the large Orpheum in the mezzanine and balcony."

Yikes. I saw it twice from the orchestra of the Jacobs for half that.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#151COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/6/23 at 11:30am

morosco said: "I'd rather see Christine Ebersole in Kimberly Akimbo once they need a replacement for Victoria Clark."

That's brilliant casting.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#152COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/23 at 12:16am

Lucie Arnaz for Joanne?

bear88
#153COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/23 at 1:14am

inception said: "bear88 said

, I am guessing ATG will try to charge about $300 or more for good orchestra seats on a weekend. But they won’t fill the large Orpheum in the mezzanine and balcony."

Yikes. I saw it twice from the orchestra of the Jacobs for half that.
"

My daughter got rush tickets at the Jacobs in center orchestra for even less. It was her favorite show of that trip, and I’m still a little envious. 

I’m just speculating on Company prices in San Francisco based on what ATG tried to charge for Into The Woods at the Curran. They didn’t always get that price, and didn’t try on weeknights.

Updated On: 8/7/23 at 01:14 AM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#154COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/23 at 3:26pm

If anyone in the area is planning to see it at the Shubert in New Haven, tickets are on sale now, and the prices are pretty reasonable at $59-116, plus fees. 

https://www.shubert.com/events/detail/company

Boq101
#155COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 12:57am

I wonder if any of the other understudies would get bumped up for the tour, they all got to go on a lot and were pretty sensational. Literally not a weak link in the bunch.It would also help bring the other ages down a bit, seeing as how Bobbie will read much younger than on Broadway. 

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#156COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 11:38am

CATSNYrevival said: "Lucie Arnaz for Joanne?"

I had the same idea in April.  I think she'd be great in the role! Also would add a little stunt casting element to the tour.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

singer234
#157COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 11:43am

Oooh, that is such interesting casting. I can’t also help but think that Jodi Benson would make a really interesting Kimberly, in what could be a nice stage comeback for her with her small resurgence in popularity due to the live action Little Mermaid.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#158COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 2:15pm

I think that Susan Egan would be an inspired choice for Joanne. She’s the right age (she’s actually older than Stritch was in the original), And she’s got the right acerbic bite to her. 

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Boq101
#159COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 2:45pm

Annelise Van Der Pol I think would be hilarious in any of the wives, and she's already someone who has been touring. 

DJD4
#160COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 2:59pm

Boq101 said: "Annelise Van Der Pol I think would be hilarious in any of the wives, and she's already someone who has been touring."

She'd be great as Sarah! If the role wasn't already cast I'd say she'd be perfect as Bobbie too.

Boq101
#161COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 8:54pm

I was rewatchin the PBS special on this production and I'm honestly just as interested in this tour set as I am in the cast. I'm sure they'll put the orchestra in the pit and the balcony scene will just come from offstage, but what do we think of the little door or the little table a chair that would swing up from the floor? 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#162COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 2:41pm

Surprised we haven't heard a peep about this considering performances start October 8th

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#163COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 2:51pm

Boq101 said: "I was rewatchin the PBS special on this production and I'm honestly just as interested in this tour set as I am in the cast. I'm sure they'll put the orchestra in the pit and the balcony scene will just come from offstage, but what do we think of the little door or the little table a chair that would swing up from the floor?"

Can you link to the special? I loved the design of this on Broadway. I think it was a huge production that probably was a logistical nightmare in such a small house. I would imagine the bigger touring houses will be easier. I can't imagine they'll do any of the floor stuff as that would involve cutting into each touring house's floors. I'm sure most everything will track on from the wings or above. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#165COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 8:02pm

Rehearsals are scheduled to start Sept. 5. So maybe we get a cast announcement then?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#166COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 8:42pm

morosco said: "I'd rather see Christine Ebersole in Kimberly Akimbo once they need a replacement for Victoria Clark."

Is Ebersole still a 9/11 truther and would LaChanze, a producer of Kimberly Akimbo and a widow of a first responder, be open to her starring in the show?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

PipingHotPiccolo
#167COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 9:10pm

A good point re LaChanze but really, I'd hope the free market would isolate 9/11 truthers to the margins regardless of personal involvement... I cant deny Ebersole's intense talent but hard for me to stomach her knowing her odious beliefs. 

Dom P
#168COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/23 at 9:10pm

Gotta say im very much looking forward to Company's tour playing The Forrest Theater in Philadelphia this winter,some 50 + years after I saw the original road tour with George Chakaris,the legendary Elaine Strich and others. 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#169COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 12:16am

I wonder if Jennifer Simard will join this tour now that her schedule is free after September 3... 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#170COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 10:43am

Mr. Wormwood said: "I wonder if Jennifer Simard will join this tour now that her schedule is free after September 3..."

Highly doubtful. The show starts rehearsals in less then 2 weeks and is fully cast. Not even sure if 2 time Tony nominee Jennifer Simard would even consider going out on a SETA tour of a show she did on Broadway even as Joanne! 

hearthemsing22
#171COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 11:27am

Mr. Wormwood said: "I wonder if Jennifer Simard will join this tour now that her schedule is free after September 3..."

Honestly and truly doubtful but it's a nice dream 

Bill Snibson
#172COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 11:50am

The cast will comprise of 4 to 5 of the Bdwy understudies and then relative unknowns with the exception being Joanne (Judy McLane/Linda Mugleston/Kathy Voytko) ilk

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#173COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 11:57am

singer234 said: "Oooh, that is such interesting casting. I can’t also help but think that Jodi Benson would make a really interesting Kimberly, in what could be a nice stage comeback for her with her small resurgence in popularity due to the live action Little Mermaid."

ohhhhhhhh this would be brilliant casting! Honestly, I don't know if AKIMBO will run long enough to sustain a replacement cast; I would be unsurprised if it chooses to close with Clarke's departure.

Bill Snibson
#174COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/23 at 12:38pm

Somehow this Company Tour thread has become half that and half KA re-casting! SMH 

Videos