pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 24

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

Chase Miller
#575BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/25/23 at 4:51pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Nobody sets out to put on a bad show, and hiring Linedy as a "scapegoat" is a stretch. Think it was all just a poor judgement call on the part of ALW and the team. We've seen poor judgement plenty of times before - Katrina Lenk, Elena Roger, Casey Likes, Ashley Brown, even Sara Brightman (a different situation).

What show are you referring to with Ashley Brown?

hearthemsing22
#576BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/25/23 at 5:00pm

MrMushnik said: "I am flying in next weekend to see this show and am excited, as I feel some of the music is just gorgeous. Been looking forward to it ever since hearing CHF and the london cast. I totally expect the book to be horrendous, but as a HUUUUGGEE fan of Love Never Dies, good music trumps all for me. I think Far Too Late, Mans Man, I Know I have a Heart, and Only You Lonely You are just beautiful songs (at least as sung by CHF.)

That being said, the biggest issue I feel facing this show is Linedy. Again, I have not seen the show yet (Next Sat night) but everything I have seen and heard from her is that she is just not a quality vocalist or actress. The reviews say the same. I'm sure she's "fine" but in a city with hundreds of women who would just kill this role why on earth would they cast her? Even if they were intent on casting a POC there are again hundreds of women who could have done a better job, known and unknown. If they had cast an actress with off the chart stage presence and vocal chops, um like CHF, people might have been willing to overlook the bad parts of the show.

So why was she cast? What could the creatives possibly have been thinking? They had CHF RIGHT FRICKING THERE!!!! Was it not obvious to these professional theatre creators during rehearsals that she was just not bringing the quality required for the role? Everyone else can see it clearly. The day after they released the title song snippet on Tiktok she was being destroyed (Fairly IMO). I have a daughter pursuing her BFA and even at 19 she and some of her classmates could sing these beautiful songs better than Linedy. It really sucks to have to pile on her like this but she just does not sing well. Period. Whoever cast her should be embarassed.

I'm still excited to see this, but in my heart i'm praying for an understudy.

Long live CHF!!
"

LOL Did you ever think maybe, just maybe CHF didn't want to do the show? That she had been with it and didn't feel the need to continue on Broadway? That she has other things in the works and is entitled to not continue in a role? Did that EVER cross your teeny mind?

That being said, Linedy is wonderful. Her acting is strong, her voice soars on the slower songs. So give her a chance. 

MrMushnik
#577BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/25/23 at 6:41pm

Did that EVER cross your teeny mind?

So we’re getting personal now?

Just because CHF was unable or unwilling to do the show doesn’t mean you couldn’t find an actress that can sing as well as she can, cuz Linedy ain’t it. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#578BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/25/23 at 9:31pm

To those who have been, how is the front row for this show? Is the stage height any cause for concern?

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#579BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 1:35am

gleek4114 said: "To those who have been, how is the front row for this show? Is the stage height any cause for concern?"

I haven't done it for Bad Cinderella but I had the front row for Carousel at the Imperial and it was fine if you're of average height or more.

QueenTwinnied
#580BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 2:00am

MrMushnik said: "Did that EVER cross your teeny mind?

So we’re getting personal now?

Just because CHF was unable or unwilling to do the show doesn’t mean you couldn’t find an actress that can sing as well as she can, cuz Linedy ain’t it.
"

Not surprised this person is getting personal since they sent me a string of horribly abusive personal messages (and then blocked me when they didn’t find my responses to their liking) to me for no legitimate reason. 

Owen22
#581BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 4:00am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Lot666 said: "phantom8019 said: "I still enjoy ALW's new music; in my opinion his skills are not diminishing in that respect."

I've long been of the opinion that ALW is the master of the musical hook. Nobody writes an earworm like him.
"

Yep. His music is largely good in this show imho (contrary to Jesse Green's belief). And he had great coauthors. But he's exerting too much control. I wish he'd have welcomed a great musical comedy director in for this show and trusted them, this could have been so much different. Susan Stroman! Jerry Mitchell! CaseyNicholaw! Marianne Elliott! Alex Timbers! Even someone like Scott Ellis orDarko Tresnjak or Matthew Warchus!

He needs an orchestration collaborator here, too, like his old collaborators David Cullen or John Cameron (or the late Hershey Kay who he did Evita with).

There's a lot of missed opportunity here.
"

If "& Juliet's" director, the uber-talented Brit Luke Sheppard, had been asked and had director control of "Bad Cinderella" I guarantee you the results, all around, would be quite different...

mememe
#582BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 12:06pm

Owen22 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Lot666 said: "phantom8019 said: "I still enjoy ALW's new music; in my opinion his skills are not diminishing in that respect."

I've long been of the opinion that ALW is the master of the musical hook. Nobody writes an earworm like him.
"
Yep. His music is largely good in this show imho (contrary to Jesse Green's belief). And he had great coauthors. But he's exerting too much control. I wish he'd have welcomed a great musical comedy director in for this show and trusted them, this could have been so much different. Susan Stroman! Jerry Mitchell! CaseyNicholaw! Marianne Elliott! Alex Timbers! Even someone like Scott Ellis orDarko Tresnjak or Matthew Warchus!

He needs an orchestration collaborator here, too, like his old collaborators David Cullen or John Cameron (or the late Hershey Kay who he did Evita with).

There's a lot of missed opportunity here.
"

If "& Juliet's" director, the uber-talented Brit Luke Sheppard, had been asked and had director control of "Bad Cinderella" I guarantee you the results, all around, would be quite different...
"

I guarantee you, they would not. It doesn’t matter how good the director is because ALW will not let them do their job. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#583BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 12:24pm

mememe said: "
I guarantee you, they would not. It doesn’t matter how good the director is because ALW will not let them do their job."

I'm pretty sure that that is what he said. He's exerting too much control over the entire project. Of course none of those notable directors would join the project if he did not relinquish that control.

Dolly80
#584BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 12:33pm

ALW and Cameron Mackintosh only want to work with glorified associate directors now- so they can call the shots entirely. They won’t work with A List directors again I’m quite sure for this reason. And as a result- I’m ALW’a case, probably won’t have a hit new musical again. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#585BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 1:09pm

gleek4114 said: "To those who have been, how is the front row for this show? Is the stage height any cause for concern?"

I don’t think so at all. The orchestra pit juts out far enough from the stage where it puts you further away. The front row for this show would feel like a Row B or C for another show/theatre.

That being said - get the extreme right side orchestra about 3-4 rows back. You’ll be in for a surprise there

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jarethan
#586BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 1:51pm

Chase Miller said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Nobody sets out to put on a bad show, and hiring Linedy as a "scapegoat" is a stretch. Think it was all just a poor judgement call on the part of ALW and the team. We've seen poor judgement plenty of times before - Katrina Lenk, Elena Roger, Casey Likes, Ashley Brown, even Sara Brightman (a different situation).

What was the bad judgment about Casey Likes.  He was terrific in Almost Famous.  I think there are a lot of people out there who would disagree with you re Katrina Lenk and Sara Brightman.  As I never saw Ashley Brown, I have no comment.  Would agree re Elena Roger.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#587BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 1:51pm

Hearthemsing22, where are people getting the idea that you're an "old person?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you're Gen Z, and that the 22 in your screen name might refer to your age. Obviously, you're not obligated to clear it up, but I am curious.

Updated On: 3/26/23 at 01:51 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#588BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 3:18pm

Jarethan said: "Chase Miller said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Nobody sets out to put on a bad show, and hiring Linedy as a "scapegoat" is a stretch. Think it was all just a poor judgement call on the part of ALW and the team. We've seen poor judgement plenty of times before - Katrina Lenk, Elena Roger, Casey Likes, Ashley Brown, even Sara Brightman (a different situation).

What was the bad judgment about Casey Likes. He was terrific in Almost Famous. I think there are a lot of people out there who would disagree with you re Katrina Lenk and Sara Brightman. As I never saw Ashley Brown, I have no comment. Would agree re Elena Roger.
"

Maybe I'm the only one who thought Casey Likes was a bore, but I could have sworn that was a recurring sentiment here.

Ashley Brown = Mary Poppins (a Disney New York choice, over Laura Michelle Kelly who originated it in London with Gavin Lee and gave a FAR better performance than what Brown did)

Obviously these are all opinions.

shocktheatre
#589BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 7:37pm

is Bad Cinderella really  worth seeing? Someone just gave us comps for that and "Juliet", but we HAVE to do laundry this week since there's a funeral on Friday.. My husband was miffed there was no comp for Take Me Out. I reminded him him that TMO was closed, and that he had continually put off going to see it and so there you go.

JSquared2
#590BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 7:43pm

shocktheatre said: "is Bad Cinderella really worth seeing? Someone just gave us comps for that and "Juliet", but we HAVE to do laundry this week since there's a funeral on Friday.. My husband was miffed there was no comp for Take Me Out. I reminded him him that TMO was closed, and that he had continually put off going to see it and so there you go."

Stick to the funerals -- they seem more like you and your husband's speed.

QueenTwinnied
#591BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/26/23 at 10:50pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Hearthemsing22, where are people getting the idea that you're an "old person?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you're Gen Z, and that the 22 in your screen name might refer to your age. Obviously, you're not obligated to clear it up, but I am curious."

Based on their insane behavior and inability to communicate like an adult I would've guessed 12. 

hearthemsing22
#592BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/27/23 at 8:23am

shocktheatre said: "is Bad Cinderella really worth seeing? Someone just gave us comps for that and "Juliet", but we HAVE to do laundry this week since there's a funeral on Friday.. My husband was miffed there was no comp for Take Me Out. I reminded him him that TMO was closed, and that he had continually put off going to see it and so there you go."

Ohh if you have comps for both Bad Cinderella and &Juliet-yes!! Absolutely use them!!! I can guarantee you might walk out of the theater wanting to see &Juliet again though if you like the music! 

BETTY22
#593BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/27/23 at 11:33am

When I don't like a show I tend to say nothing - however, this show might be the worst I have ever seen in NYC. OUCH 

hearthemsing22
#594BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/27/23 at 12:59pm

BETTY22 said: "When I don't like a show I tend to say nothing - however, this show might be the worst I have ever seen in NYC. OUCH"

Do you mind my asking why you disliked it so much? I'm curious. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#595BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/27/23 at 8:57pm

Dolly80 said: "ALW and Cameron Mackintosh only want to work with glorified associate directors now- so they can call the shots entirely. They won’t work with A List directors again I’m quite sure for this reason. And as a result- I’m ALW’a case, probably won’t have a hit new musical again."

See for reference: Sammi Cannold 

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
PipingHotPiccolo
#597BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/27/23 at 10:24pm

uhm WHAT

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#598BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:25am

TaffyDavenport said: "Brand new social media ad:

https://twitter.com/badcinderella/status/1640482003580596225
"

Wow...talk about trying too hard. Not to mention, from what it sounds like, had they actually wanted to have a "bad b***h" leading character, the creators would have taken a hard, second look at everything and ...well, made her a badass. 

Dollypop
#599BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:50am

BETTY22 said: "When I don't like a show I tend to say nothing - however, this show might be the worst I have ever seen in NYC. OUCH"

Obviously you haven't endured MOLLY, THOU SHALT NOT, IN MY LIFE, and WOMAN IN CHAINS (The play that was supposed to be Patti LuPone's NYC debut but her character didn't appear until the 2nd act.  However producer Joe Papp hated the show so much on Opening Night that he shut the show down during intermission.)

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)