pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 15

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#350CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 4:53pm

Are they keeping August Wilson's name on it or are they renaming it the Kit Kat Club?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

chrishuyen
#351CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 5:33pm

Here's a picture I took while passing by a couple days ago

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#352CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 5:53pm

that photo doesn't load for me, can you upload again or put it on imgur and post the link?

chrishuyen
#353CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 6:19pm

Here's the link to the photo: https://ibb.co/TvJgDX1

FANtomFollies
#354CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 7:40pm

chrishuyen said: "Here's the link to the photo:https://ibb.co/TvJgDX1"

Got it -thanks for sharing!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#355CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/18/23 at 1:21am

Dylan Smith4 said: "Are they keeping August Wilson's name on it or are they renaming it the Kit Kat Club?"

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#356CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/18/23 at 1:26am

Yea the photo does not load image does not show

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#357CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/19/23 at 3:30pm

has the renovation started? and if so any idea when we're gonna get any kind of photos?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#358CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/19/23 at 4:02pm

That looks fantastic. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#359CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/19/23 at 8:54pm

Robbie2 said: "Yea the photo does not load image does not show"

now it's showing cool!

hearthemsing22
#360CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 9:51am

tacotheatrelover said: "has the renovation started? and if so any idea when we're gonna get any kind of photos?"

They're not required to show us anything. Patience my dear. They will when they want to 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#362CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:11am

Hm. l like it better at night with the lights off. 

FANtomFollies
#363CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:36am

TaffyDavenport said: "CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024"

I was hoping for a little more pizazz. Painting the facade under the marquee black as well as adding a big neon eye like the one in London would be cool. Maybe that will happen closer to opening, though I know Broadway is really cheap about marquees compared to London.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#364CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 12:10pm

I think it's supposed to be kind of mysterious. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#365CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 9:19am

Additional casting announced, including Marty Lauter, AKA Marcia Marcia Marcia from RuPaul's Drag Race:

https://www.theatermania.com/news/casting-of-kit-kat-club-performers-revealed-for-broadway-revival-of-cabaret_1726460/

singer234
#366CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 9:33am

Oh, this is great casting. Makes me more excited. Looks like Moulin Rouge will be getting a new Baby Doll and Gatsby will have to find a new cover for Eva.

FANtomFollies
#367CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 9:40am

TaffyDavenport said: "Additional casting announced, including Marty Lauter, AKA Marcia Marcia Marcia from RuPaul's Drag Race:

https://www.theatermania.com/news/casting-of-kit-kat-club-performers-revealed-for-broadway-revival-of-cabaret_1726460/

"

What is the costume like for 'Victor' in London? Wondering how drag-esque they will appear.

A.J.
#368CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 10:57am

Marty (Marcia) is also the only listed Emcee understudy as per the official website. 

Good for them, what a fantastic gig!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#369CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 11:24am

FANtomFollies said: "TaffyDavenport said: "CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024"

I was hoping for a little more pizazz. Painting the facade under the marquee black as well as adding a big neon eye like the one in London would be cool. Maybe that will happen closer to opening, though I know Broadway is really cheap about marquees compared to London.
"

Looks a lot like a gay club in the Schöneberg district where you knock on the door and someone greets you with "nude?" or "nackt?" before they they you in.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#370CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 12:08pm

I wonder if this means that Marty (Marcia) will be the one doing Monday nights starting June 17th!?!?! I am seeing the show Saturday the 15th and that might be worth staying in the city an extra day and seeing it again Monday night if Marty is the one doing it!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#371CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 1:46pm

Forgive my ignorance, but why is this revival always referred to as CABARET At THE KIT KAT CLUB? At least by this site.

I know it is a more immersive production, but so was the Sam Mendes one. A name change seems a little much.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#372CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 2:16pm

Because exactly that. The gimmick is that you are supposed to be at a Berlin Nightclub. 

FANtomFollies
#373CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 2:24pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Forgive my ignorance, but why is this revival always referred to as CABARET At THE KIT KAT CLUB? At least by this site.

I know it is a more immersive production, but so was the Sam Mendes one. A name change seems a little much.
"

While i haven't seen this in london, the immersion seems to be taken up a notch or two for this production compared to the Mendes revival. There are themed lobby/lounge and bar areas with pre-show performers.

Ke3
#374CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 2:41pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Forgive my ignorance, but why is this revival always referred to as CABARET At THE KIT KAT CLUB? At least by this site.

"

Didn't the Sam Mendes revival also take place at the Kit Kat Club? The venue is always referred to as such when I'm reading things about that production. Especially once they moved to Studio 54. My understanding is that it did not revert back to being called Studio 54 until after the Sam Mendes production closed. Until then they referred to it as the Kit Kat Club.