News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

New Hadestown Casting

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#75New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 12:17am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "I get it: i thought Carney was doing interesting work at first, but my return visit confirmed what everyone else had said-- strained voice, bored, disjointed performance. Im excited to see whoever replaces him. But we keep seeing this attitude of "when will XYZ leave already!" from the tiny tiny minority of repeat viewers, who seem to think they are owed new performers on a regular basis."

I don't see this at all... no one complained about Eva, and she only left a month ago, or so. Or any of the original cast of Come from Away. In fact, I can't remember this conversation happening with any sort of regularity or consistency for anyone else that's played a role long term. (Or at all tbh) It's quite specific about one actor that many people found to be less than stellar, including you. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#76New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 8:07am

I thought Jordan Fisher was OK when I saw him in Sweeney.  He's handsome. He's looks much younger than his age of 29.  Is the strike over? If it is he should try to do more TV.   Come to Vancouver & get on one of those shows that film here cheap.  A certain drama was using a building near me to film past seasons.  Every couple weeks they come and change all the signage to make it look like it is a hospital in California.  The spouse of another Broadway performer is a recurring character & "Parades" past frequently.  I'm guessing he doesn't have to live here permanently while they film, & just comes & goes as he is needed. Mark Consuelos was doing the same thing for Riverdale while it was on.  TV can be a good gig.

hearthemsing22
#77New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 8:39am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Jordan Fisher would actually make a great Orpheus, his attendance record notwithstanding, but i think this was suggested in jest.

The responses here to Carney's departure are disappointing, and typical of the way many here operate in an insane bubble on these boards. Y'all are just frustrated that Carney hasn't moved on on the timetable you'd prefer.

I get it: i thought Carney was doing interesting work at first, but my return visit confirmed what everyone else had said-- strained voice, bored, disjointed performance. Im excited to see whoever replaces him. But we keep seeing this attitude of "when will XYZ leave already!" from the tiny tiny minority of repeat viewers, who seem to think they are owed new performers on a regular basis.
"

Everything has to be done according to the way people on these boards want them. Didn't you know that? Teehee. 

Oh god no not Brendan. Did we learn nothing from when he was in Kinky Boots? It would be a nightmare 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#78New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 9:09am

If Fisher is replacing Reeve, then they should just announce a January closing, too.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

B212323
#79New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 12:11pm

ShowBro said: "Bring back Damon Daunno finally!"

I wish this had happened last year but now I think they need a bigger name to boost box office. Besides isn't he attached to The Lonely Few? 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#80New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 12:15pm

B212323 said: "ShowBro said: "Bring back Damon Daunno finally!"

I wish this had happened last year but now I think they need a bigger name to boost box office. Besides isn't he attached to The Lonely Few?
"

Through in Chris Sullivan as Hermes and you got a deal

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

B212323
#81New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 2:14pm

quizking101 said: "B212323 said: "ShowBro said: "Bring back Damon Daunno finally!"

"

Through in Chris Sullivan as Hermes and you got a deal
"

YES and he'll sell tickets but he probably doesn't want to replace. 

decotodd
#82New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 2:29pm

Glad to see that I am not alone in my dislike for Jordan Fisher. I went to SWEENEY a few weeks ago, and was really disappointed by his performance and especially the lackluster vocals. The rest of the cast is so strong, that he really stands out as a weak link. I recall thinking that the producers could find 20 better actor/singers at Julliard any day of the week. 

Updated On: 10/4/23 at 02:29 PM

JSquared2
#83New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 2:41pm

decotodd said: "Glad to see that I am not alone in my dislike for Jordan Fisher. I went to SWEENEY a few weeks ago, and was really disappointed by his performance and especially the lackluster vocals. The rest of the cast is so strong, that he really stands out as a weak link. I recall thinking that the producers could find 20 better actor/singers at Julliard any day of the week."

Fisher's final performance was on June 18th -- so if you went just a few weeks ago you didn't see him -- you saw somebody else.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#84New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 10:22pm

I love this show so much and hadn’t seen it since pre-Covid, so when someone offered me a ticket for tonight I jumped at it. Everyone has been talking for so long about Reeve’s voice being strained and his performance now over the top so I just really went to finally see Lillias and Solea. But Reeve sounded just as clear and good as he did at The National in 2018. Maybe he’s been working on his vocals? I thought he was really just as good as I remember him the last time I saw him. 

Lillias was fantastic as I expected she would be and Philip is a perfect Hades. I’d never heard of Betty before she was cast in this and thought she was very good, as well. Amber is a hard act to follow for me but I did enjoy her very much tonight. 

Solea, though. SO.LE.A. My God, she was next level fantastic. Acting. Singing. Everything. One of the best replacements I’ve ever seen in a show. She made the role completely her own and just owned it, quickly reminding me why I find her to be one of the most exciting “up and coming” musical theater actors. She’s honestly worth the price of admission, just for her alone. 

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#85New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 11:36pm

I've heard Ani DeFranco is the next Persephone which I personally, am very excited for

Jordan Catalano
#86New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 11:38pm

jvoom said: "I've heard Ani DeFranco is the next Persephone which I personally, am very excited for"

OMG.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#87New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/4/23 at 11:45pm

jvoom said: "I've heard Ani DeFranco is the next Persephone which I personally, am very excited for"

OMG! I would KILL to see her back in the role!

OMG U Guyz
#88New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/5/23 at 12:39am

OMG. Can she start now? How about now? 

decotodd
#89New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/5/23 at 1:32am

JSquared2 said: "decotodd said: "Glad to see that I am not alone in my dislike for Jordan Fisher. I went to SWEENEY a few weeks ago, and was really disappointed by his performance and especially the lackluster vocals. The rest of the cast is so strong, that he really stands out as a weak link. I recall thinking that the producers could find 20 better actor/singers at Julliard any day of the week."

Fisher's final performance was on June 18th -- so if you went just a few weeks ago you didn't see him -- you saw somebody else.

Oh gosh — you are right. I saw Daniel Yearwood and did not care for him. My earlier comment even more puzzling then: this should be an easy role to cast  

OhHiii
#90New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/5/23 at 7:24am

If Jordan Fisher is the last thing they’ve got in their arsenal to try to save this show, it’s closing top of January. 

Jordan Catalano
#91New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/7/23 at 10:48pm

I’ve seen three shows since seeing this on Wednesday but I still can’t get Solea’s Eurydice out of my mind. 

kmissa
#92New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/10/23 at 2:54pm

Quinn Wilson
#93New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/16/23 at 10:07am

straight off the National tour, Belen Moyano (Fate, Eurydice US) will be making Broadway debut as a Fate starting October 19th!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#94New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/16/23 at 10:20pm

Belen is an extremely talented singer, musician, and Actress, she will be a great addition to the cast! I wonder if she will be an u/s at the Kerr?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#95New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 10/22/23 at 1:30pm

I saw the show for the first time on Friday night after winning the lottery with Brit West on as Persephone and it was such an amazing experience. You can tell Reeve has been doing it for a long time, but I still found him enjoyable. I was Row C Left Orchestra and from my seat you can't actually see the turn tables which honestly made it very ethereal in how they all moved. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Especially at the end when Orpheus turns to Eurydice to see if she's there and because I couldn't see the pit lowering and her moving so slowly it took a few seconds for it to register that she's going down. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#96New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/15/23 at 4:48pm

The Hadestown West End cast is getting announced tomorrow.

The outline for Hermes looks very similar to an actress playing a nurse on Broadway right now… any other guesses?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

hearthemsing22
#97New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/15/23 at 5:53pm

I saw people saying Jordan Luke Gage being involved 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#98New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/15/23 at 8:43pm

Caught the tour in Vancouver, first time seeing the show, and was so excited to finally see it. 

Holy cow, this show is incredible. But I am here to speak about the current tour cast, which just had a cast change recently.

Amaya Braganza is a stunning Eurydice, beautiful vocals and choices. 

J. Antonio Rodriguez is so lovable as Orpheus. His vocals are gorgeous, and he vibrates with nervous, quirky, palpable energy. 

Will Mann sounds incredible as Hermes, and is a comforting narrator.

Matthew Patrick Quinn has the expected deep bass, and oozes power and handsomeness on stage. 

Lana Gordon stuns as Persephone. The vocals are out of this world, and she makes some amazing choices. 

Lana and Matthew were very touching in epic lll, with tears streaming down their faces as they danced and came back together. 

The Fates (Marla, Lizzie, and Hannah) sound wonderful, with a standout in Lizzie for some wonderful acting choices, a joy to watch them on stage.

Holy cow, if you can see the tour, go. 

Updated On: 11/15/23 at 08:43 PM

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#99New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/15/23 at 10:46pm

Call_me_jorge said: "The Hadestown West End cast is getting announced tomorrow.

The outline for Hermes looks very similar to an actress playing a nurse on Broadway right now… any other guesses?
"

That looks like brian may from queen tf you mean

Videos