News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

New Hadestown Casting

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#100New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/15/23 at 11:00pm

Theatreboard is saying this is the cast - 

Donal Finn - Orpheus
Gloria Onitiri - Persephone
Zachary James - Hades
Melanie La Barrie - Hermes
Grace Hodgett Young - Eurydice
Bella Lupia Brown u/s Eurydice
Jacob Young u/s Orpheus 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#101New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/16/23 at 4:48am

After seeing the tour last week, I have been thinking about which role is harder to cast: Orpheus or Eurydice?

Despite the criticisms many had for him, Carney brought a certain charisma to the role that I just didn't get from the actor playing the role currently on the tour - even though he could sing the role fine.  While the tour Eurydice was as excellent as Noblezada.

Are Eurydice's songs just so excellent that they elevate whoever is performing them? And also, is the music written for Eurydice more accessible for many singers?  I don't know the technical terms, but maybe in the right keys or whatever that many singers can tackle those songs successfully?

While for Orpheus's music it may be more difficult to find singers who can successfully sing the music, since so much of it seems to have so many high notes?  

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#102New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/16/23 at 9:53am

Jordan Catalano said: "Theatreboard is saying this is the cast -

Donal Finn - Orpheus
Gloria Onitiri - Persephone
Zachary James - Hades
Melanie La Barrie - Hermes
Grace Hodgett Young - Eurydice
Bella Lupia Brown u/s Eurydice
Jacob Young u/s Orpheus
"

Congrats on Melanie getting out of the dumpster fire that is & Juliet. Great performances all around, but just... such a bad show.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#103New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/16/23 at 9:58am

TheatreFan4 said: "Congrats on Melanie getting out of the dumpster fire that is & Juliet. Great performances all around, but just... such a bad show."

Eh, it's a good paycheck and was a chance for her to work on Broadway for the first time and dip her feet into NY theatre.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#104New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/16/23 at 9:58am

I LOVED Dónal Finn in Sing Street in Boston.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#106New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/17/23 at 9:58pm

I heard Zachary James perform at my church Christmas Eve service several years ago when I was in the choir! He's got an incredible voice!

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

PipingHotPiccolo
#107New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/17/23 at 11:42pm

If this is the same Zachary James who is singing his face off in Spain off bway right now, very talented guy. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#108New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/18/23 at 8:30am

Official announcement. Also looks like the two covers for Hermes will be female(Allie Daniel & ???).

https://twitter.com/HadestownUK

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#109New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 2:21pm

Anyone attending Reeve's final performance today?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Alyssa213
#110New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 5:31pm

ACL2006 said: "Anyone attending Reeve's final performance today?"

Just finished. It was beautiful they had Reeve and Eva walk up the stairs with the show lighting and music without Orpheus turning around.

yyys
#111New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 6:27pm

Yes. The opera singer.

PipingHotPiccolo said: "If this is the same Zachary James who is singing his face off in Spain off bway right now, very talented guy."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#112New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 6:42pm

Alexander Lamar
#113New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 7:18pm

That was a beautiful afternoon. 

Fordham2015
#114New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/19/23 at 7:25pm

I teared up during that video when Eva and Andre spoke. Godspeed, Reeve.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#115New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:02am

Video above seems to be taken down, but found this tik tok, hope it loads, they say filming was allowed as was after show had ended

https://www.tiktok.com/@dylantpe/video/7303299561634876718?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7299487328179291653

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#116New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 12:47pm

Reeve is so wonderful and he was such a gorgeous, vulnerable Orpheus. Congratulations to him for originating and playing the role for so many years! 

I think Jordan has issues with any kind of criticisms. He is used to winning and being really successful. So, the lack of love and acclaim for his Anthony might have messed with him. He realized his strengths and that his voice sounds amazing when singing a contemporary score. He sounded incredible in both Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, and I think this role fits him perfectly.

Enjoy him tonight for anyone going guys!

OhHiii
#117New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 1:02pm

Enjoy Jordan tonight for it may be the only time he turns up for work! ;)

He couldn't handle the Sweeney score nor could he handle Dear Evan Hansen 8 or even 7 or even 6 or even 5 times a week. Sometimes screen actors shouldn't be on stage, it take a specific level of endurance which he's proven he does not have on many many occasions (including when he was in Hamilton, not carrying a full show).

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#118New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 4:08pm

New Hadestown CastingNew Hadestown Casting

hearthemsing22
#119New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 4:27pm

OhHiii said: "Enjoy Jordan tonight for it may be the only time he turns up for work! ;)

He couldn't handle the Sweeney score nor could he handle Dear Evan Hansen 8 or even 7 or even 6 or even 5 times a week. Sometimes screen actors shouldn't be on stage, it take a specific level of endurance which he's proven he does not have on many many occasions (including when he was in Hamilton, not carrying a full show).
"

I would love to see you have perfect attendance during your contract with a show. And if you manage it please-share your secret 

QueenTwinnied
#120New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:15pm

OhHiii said: "Enjoy Jordan tonight for it may be the only time he turns up for work! ;)

"

I’m screaming that he hasn’t even started yet and you old birds are being so hateful 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#121New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/20/23 at 11:51pm

I neither like or dislike Jordan. Found him serviceable in ST.

However, people talking about his attendance record isn't out of left field. He misses a LOT of performances - as evidence by his track record.  MIGHT it be different? Sure. But people are judged by their actions. What's that saying? Believe people the first time they show you who they are. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

QueenTwinnied
#122New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/21/23 at 3:20am

Jordan sounds great in the clips I’ve seen. Love hearing a different sound in Wait for Me 

OhHiii
#123New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 11/21/23 at 6:47am

hearthemsing22 said: "I would love to see you have perfect attendance during your contract with a show. And if you manage it please-share your secret"

Well you won’t see me do that because I cannot. And nor can Jordan Fisher. It’s not controversial to say the dude doesn’t have the stamina. He’s proven it with every new job he takes. It’s just a fact.

Based on these Wait for Me clips, he won’t be long before missing shows here too. He’s already in shouting territory. 

Updated On: 11/21/23 at 06:47 AM

Videos