News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024- Page 2

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 8:26am

To this point, isn't this sort of how Whoopi got famous? One person show... she was an unknown at the time... Not saying the shows are similar - I've no clue about this show

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#26Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:45pm

I don't understand how the fame of the actor, or lack of fame, is relevant to the price of tickets.

If it was Denzel Washington, or Jake Gyllenhaal, or Timothée Chalamet... would the cost be somehow justified?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#27Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 9:26pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I don't understand how the fame of the actor, or lack of fame, is relevant to the price of tickets.

If it was Denzel Washington, or Jake Gyllenhaal, or Timothée Chalamet... would the cost be somehow justified?
"

Is this a joke? 

I don't know how to evaluate whether a price is "justified" (that feels personal to each buyer). But,the fame of actors is UNQUESTIONABLY relevant to ticket prices. Do you really think buyers would pay $800 for Music Man without Hugh Jackman? Or $600 for Merrily without Daniel Radcliffe? Or $500 for Prima Facie without Jodie Comer? HELL NO!!!! 

What people will pay for a ticket is WAAAYYYY higher when they get to see a big star. People would definitley pay $250 on a regular basis to see Washington, Gyllenhaal, or Chalamet. There's no way they will for Rob Madge. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#28Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/19/23 at 12:03pm

No, it is not a joke.

Of course I understand the reasoning behind the high prices to see a star... from the perspective of a ruthless capitalist producer. What I don't understand is how these prices are justified from the perspective of a ticket buyer.

Surely what matters is the quality of the work? The inherent value of a show does not change depending on how many instagram followers the cast has.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/19/23 at 12:08pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "If it was…Jake Gyllenhaal…”

Yes. Just yes.

Jay Lerner-Z
#30Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 10/19/23 at 12:15pm

We all have an Achilles heel.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#32Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/2/24 at 8:53pm

Sorry but these people are crazy. They really think audiences are going to pay these ticket prices that are currently being  advertised? Even if a discount comes out, it is going to be way too high. The person who said this belongs in New World Stages got it exactly right. I would maybe pay up to $50 for this but not much more. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#33Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/2/24 at 11:27pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "No, it is not a joke.

Of course I understand the reasoning behind the high prices to see a star... from the perspective of a ruthless capitalist producer. What I don't understand is how these prices are justified from the perspective of a ticket buyer.

Surely what matters is the quality of the work? The inherent value of a show does not change depending on how many instagram followers the cast has.
"

Bless 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#34Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/2/24 at 11:53pm

Matt Rogers said: "Sorry but these people are crazy. They really think audiences are going to pay these ticket prices that are currently being advertised? Even if a discount comes out, it is going to be way too high. The person who said this belongs in New World Stages got it exactly right. I would maybe pay up to $50 for this but not much more."

I haven't seen the offering papers, but it may be that this one-person musical is economical enough that they don't have to sell tickets for much more than a $50 average to break even. Broadway's a better loss-leader than Off-Broadway, and it's hardly more expensive for a show like this to be done On vs Off.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#35Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/9/24 at 10:13pm

Bryan1207 said: "This is pretty cool IMO…

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/MY-SONS-A-QUEER-BUT-WHAT-CAN-YOU-DO-Offers-Lottery-For-24-Tickets-to-Preview-Performances-20240102
"

Anyone enter this lotto, get a confirmation from Telecharge or win?

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#36Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/9/24 at 10:29pm

Yes, won and got front mezzanine.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#37Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/9/24 at 10:38pm

Fantastic, Melissa25.  Can you share what date you won?  They are choosing winners over 4-5 days.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#38Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/9/24 at 11:12pm

I submitted my entry as soon as it opened and was notified yesterday that I won for 3/4. Lost for 3/6. I only submitted for those two dates. Good Luck CoffeeBreak!

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#39Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/9/24 at 11:28pm

CoffeeBreak said: "Bryan1207 said: "This is pretty cool IMO…

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/MY-SONS-A-QUEER-BUT-WHAT-CAN-YOU-DO-Offers-Lottery-For-24-Tickets-to-Preview-Performances-20240102
"

Anyone enter this lotto, get a confirmation from Telecharge or win?
"

I entered and won for 3/2. My seats are Orchestra, Row M.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#40Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/10/24 at 1:10am

MY SON'S A QUEER (BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO?)

Sounds like the title of a hokey off-Broadway musical comedy in like 1998. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#41Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/12/24 at 6:23pm

MSAQLOT is the lottery loser code on Telecharge, offering $48 all-in preview tickets.

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#42Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/12/24 at 10:45pm

Scarywarhol said: "MY SON'S A QUEER (BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO?)

Sounds like the title of a hokey off-Broadway musical comedy in like 1998.
"

All I can think of is Thenardier’s lyric from “Beggars at the Feast” at the end of Les Miz at the wedding:  “this one’s a queer but what can you do.”

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#43Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/12/24 at 11:58pm

It’s a play on that lyric. Rob was Gavroche in the 25th anniversary concert.

BorisTomashevsky
#44Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/17/24 at 6:57am

Is this even going to make it to opening? I keep seeing ads on Facebook with comments below like “Too expensive” and “He had his cheerios [substitute the ‘ch’ for ‘qu’ - I don’t want to type the word they used] and thinks he can be a Broadway star”.
Seems like there’s not just a lack of enthusiasm for, but some actual declared avoidance of this show. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#45Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/17/24 at 7:42am

I became ethusiastic after seeing Rob Madge interviewed by Frank Dilella.  This sounds like a lovely story about family and acceptance.

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/on-stage-episodes/2023/07/20/rob-madge-discusses-solo-show--my-son-s-a-queer---but-what-can-you-do---#

A.J.
#46Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/17/24 at 8:02am

The Balcony and Mezz are practically unsold for most performances so far. 

BETTY22
#47Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 10:36am

I've been invited to a party at British Ambassadors residence next week to celebrate this brave new work.

Exciting.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#48Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 10:48am

Still no discounts for this?

JSquared2
#49Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 1:31pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Still no discounts for this?"

Much of the side orchestra has been on sale for $48 since the show went on sale (no code required).

Videos