pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 2

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#25TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/18/24 at 9:03pm

Oh my gosh I had her in mind for the role. I kept thinking about her and Laura Bell Bundy.  It’s funny, Katie Breyban played Carole King in London, and now Jessie is playing Tammy Faye here.  Similar type I guess. 

amiyagi
#26TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/18/24 at 9:29pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "Have heard this is going to the Palace in October, with Jessie Mueller starring"

*sigh*

just take my money 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#27TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/18/24 at 9:32pm

Jessie and Rannells would be a great couple if true. 

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#28TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:05am

Katie Brayden and Andrew Rannells will reprise their roles. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#29TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:10am

First preview October 19, opens November 14 at the Palace. Tickets on sale at 10 am.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#30TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:11am

“Have heard this is going to the Palace in October, with Jessie Mueller starring”

yikes! 

CJRochester
#31TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:19am

It's not Jessie. Olivier Award-Winner Katie Brayben and Andrew Rannells Will Lead TAMMY FAYE on Broadway.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Olivier-Award-Winner-Katie-Brayben-and-Andrew-Rannells-Will-Lead-TAMMY-FAYE-on-Broadway-20240322 

pablitonizer
#32TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:20am

TaffyDavenport said: "First preview October 19, opens November 14 at the Palace. Tickets on sale at 10 am."

Tickets sale start March 27

https://tammyfayebway.com/ 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#33TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:26am

Any rumors about the supporting cast?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#34TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:26am

Presale starts at 10 am today with code TAMMY.

Updated On: 3/22/24 at 09:26 AM

Dolly80
#35TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:37am

Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Best actress.

Who knows- maybe Death Becomes Her will give some stiff competition too.

pablitonizer
#36TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:44am

Dolly80 said: "Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Bestactress.

"

Agree! Just the musicals 'Sunset boulevard', 'Tammy Faye', 'Death becomes her' and possibly Mamma Mia revival in 2025 make it more exciting to me!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#37TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:53am

What was the running time in London?  Is it one act or two?  I have plans to be in NYC just after this opens.

TaffyDavenport said: "Presale starts at 10 am today with code TAMMY."

Edit: Found a review of the London production that said 2:45 run time.  Opted for an evening performance. Canadian dollar so bad, boo hoo poor me, no one cares, so opted for mid Mezz.  Hope it's a good seat.  Especially after the sensation that was Gutenberg, I can't miss seeing Andrew Rannels again onstage.

Updated On: 3/22/24 at 09:53 AM

Owen22
#38TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

There were multiple problems with this show at the Almeida, mostly because the British book writer knows the FACTS about her story without the lived in American experience of what lead to the Bakers' rise and fall (the UK is not a religious country at all, with nothing like the evangelical megachurches that populate the US). So the book falls back on satire and has a lyricist without the skill to really fully create a satirical score (Elton's music is okay, sometimes very good.). But direction is expert, and I actually sorta loved Act One, but it all falls to sh*t in the second.  Also, Katie Brayben (who is amazingly talented) does not do a full on Tammy Faye impression.  Actually she is the only character that is "for real" as opposed to the satirical take the rest of the cast is sort of forced to perform. But, if there ever was a caricature of a human being, it was Tammy Faye. And that's what made her special, that even WITH the affectations and that voice, there was such a heart there!  Katie, as good as she is, robs her a little of that specialness. I was excited about the Jessie Mueller rumor, I think SHE could have gotten it right (as would have Kristen).  But again, directed by a Brit, as good as he is, who can't really "get" it...

binau Profile Photo
binau
#39TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

you’re right the race is on now. Katie’s performance is a must-see and by far the most exciting thing about the show. I think Katie gives a more traditional musical theatre expert/virtuosic kind of acting and singing performance - it’s a real journey. 

But Nicole’s performance is pure star power energy (not because of her fame - simply because of what she is doing on stage) with once in a generation vocals, ALW’s stunning melodies and in the backdrop of an innovative production. I’d personally give the edge to Nicole. It’s just an unforgettable performance. And the overall production is much more satisfying than at least how Tammy Faye was - I don’t believe it can be ‘fixed’ and I think the Palace is too big given it started off west end! but who knows. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#40TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 10:12am

pablitonizer said: "Dolly80 said: "Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Bestactress.

"

Agree! Just the musicals 'Sunset boulevard', 'Tammy Faye', 'Death becomes her' and possibly Mamma Mia revival in 2025 make it more exciting to me!
"

Women. 👏🏽 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#41TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 10:16am

inception said: "What was the running time inLondon? Is it one act ir two? I have plans to be in NYC just after this opens.

TaffyDavenport said: "Presale starts at 10 am today with code TAMMY."

"

Two acts. Standard sort of 2.5 hr runtime

lilpunkin
#42TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 10:39am

I liked Tammy Faye a great deal but I don’t know how it will transfer straight from the Almeida (which is a pretty small theatre) to Broadway. Tammy Faye was intended to have a West End transfer first but that was cancelled due to Katie’s pregnancy. A WE transfer would have really helped to test out the new material, I think. Especially as James Graham is beloved in London/UK theatre but not especially well-known in the USA.

Admittedly it looked very cramped in the Almeida. And has been re-worked substantially. So maybe it is more suited to a bigger space now.

Updated On: 3/22/24 at 10:39 AM

bway1430
#43TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 10:55am

Run times and everything we expect from the previous production has been thrown out of the window. The show went back into re-development after the Almeida run, culminating in an extensive workshop last October. 

We can expect a change in songs (some dropped, new ones added), and I would imagine a huge rehaul of Act Two which had its share of problems. 

I agree with the previous poster who pointed out the over-drawn caricatures of some of the characters. That needs to go. Tammy Faye's special, quirky qualities got lost when placed among performances where everyone was playing an oddball and dialing it up to eleven. That said, I hope they do not fill secondary roles with the Almeida actors. Their accents were a worry and wouldn't fly on Broadway. 

I am thrilled Katie Brayben is reprising her role as well as Andrew Rannells. Together, they created something very special. 

There was a Britishness to this show (given the book writer and director) that they will need to consider toning down in favour of a Broadway/American audience sensibility. Maybe less satirical while retaining the fun but injecting a bit more heart and a little less cynicism?

Whatever they do, I can't wait to see the results.

This show had a ton of promise. 

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#44TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 11:20am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Then…:don’t go? You’re allowed to not see the appeal or care about the show. There’s no obligation on your part."

Touchy, touchy, touchy.

yyys
#45TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 11:50am

How's the balcony at this theater?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#46TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 11:59am

Fighting with the Lyceum for the scariest on Broadway, and they just raised it even higher. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#47TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 12:02pm

Jesus. The first 11 rows, the majority of the orchestra is $319.50.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 12:17pm

yyys said: "How's the balcony at this theater?"

I sat up there for WSS years ago and the woman behind me complained that if I leaned forward it blocked her whole view. So would not recommend.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#49TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 1:26pm

Can Tammy really fill the Palace? 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Videos