News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn

Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn
Posted: 11/19/23 at 6:17pm

This article is a history of the musical but has this paragraph at the end - 

“In 2025, American Psycho will return to New York; this time, as an atmospheric musical (akin to Here Lies Love and the work of Punchdrunk) in a Brooklyn warehouse. The warehouse currently just has dirt in it, and some assorted boxes stored at the back. When it opens, it’ll be the coked-up synth club of Bateman’s dreams.”

Full Article

Updated On: 11/20/23 at 06:17 PM

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#2Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/19/23 at 6:37pm

That sounds like an interesting concept.

I saw the Cleveland regional premiere of "American Psycho" in October, 2022. It was staged in a very small studio theater, inside a large industrial building, which had been converted into a bunch of art galleries and studios. It worked really well in an intimate environment and felt immersive.

I'd definitely make a trip to Brooklyn for this.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#3Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/19/23 at 7:20pm

I'm intrigued!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/19/23 at 7:45pm

That might be a better venue for this show than Broadway!

Pretty wild piece of "journalism" to drop an unsubstantiated rumor of poor behavior about a castmember and just move on, and then float a salacious conspiracy theory as to why Walker didn't get nominated for a Tony.

DurantPlummer41
BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#6Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/20/23 at 4:55pm

DurantPlummer41 said: "Design looks fun:https://sethbyrum.com/work-1/newsies-dbn3h-ccz65-zzljt-elw8m-en5rr"

Uh that looks EXPENSIVE

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#7Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/20/23 at 5:32pm

Reminds me of the runway staging at the current Chicago production.

https://www.instagram.com/kokandyprods/

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

Listener
#8Immersive AMERICAN PSYCHO Premiering 2025 In Brooklyn?
Posted: 11/25/23 at 8:22pm

I really enjoyed the opening number, with the choreo and lighting, and hope they keep some of that for this revival, but given the largeness of the space, I expect much will be changed.

This is just a tricky show. You know he's a murderer, you know the characters around him are largely vapid, and it leaves you feeling like you're supposed to laugh about him doing away with them. Yet seeing murders happen on-stage is genuinely disturbing so...it's hard to know what the draw is.

I enjoy some of the score and think a 'dance club' setting works perfectly for the music, but I think the overall storytelling and character arcs have to be adjusted for this to land. I hope they use this production as an opportunity to make those changes.

Latest Posts

Videos