pixeltracker

Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 5/10/24 at 2:28pm

https://www.playbill.com/article/leslie-rodriguez-kritzer-is-taking-her-lady-of-the-lake-on-a-farewell-tour-at-joes-pub

Leslie Rodriguez Kritzer, a 2024 Tony nominee for her performance as Lady of the Lake in the revival of Monty Python’s Spamalot, will return to Joe's Pub June 5 with a new comedy pop-up show.

The 7 PM and 9:30 PM performances, entitled Lady of the Lake: The Farewell Tour, will feature direction by Randy Blair and musical direction by Adam Cole.

Attendees, press notes state, can expect "an evening of sheer theatrical insanity."

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 5/10/24 at 2:31pm

Brought to you by Ozempic, call your doctor!

Oh look, a bibu!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#3Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 5/10/24 at 7:08pm

Reminds me of Christmas Eve with Christmas Eve.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#4Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/5/24 at 8:59pm

Leslie brought the Sweaty Oracle on stage with her tonight. Still think he has no connections, haters?

PegasusOasis
#5Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/5/24 at 9:05pm

This was so good, would love to see her win!!! Lily Kauffman was great too. 

PegasusOasis
inception Profile Photo
inception
#7Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 2:28am

What a fun show! I just watched the recording of the stream.  The whole Meadowlark sequence was bonkers.  Like a modern day Carol Burnett.  Fantastic!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 7:04am

inception said: "What a fun show! I just watched the recording of the stream. The whole Meadowlark sequence was bonkers. Like a modern day Carol Burnett. Fantastic!"

Incidentally, Leslie played the young Carol Burnett performing “Shy” from ONCE UPON A MATTRESS on an episode of THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL:

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#9Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:10am

She was really amazing in the Mrs Maisel appearance 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#10Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:43am

No one has yet mentioned her bit in the show where she goes online to Broadwayworld to find out what's being said about her, but everything is just "Ben Platt at the Pslace" or "Audra in Gypsy."

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 09:43 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#11Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 10:56am

While I don't think "answering a DM from Leslie Kritzer's creative partner" means Sweaty Oracle is especially well-connected, I do give him credit for taking a lot of ribbing at his expense.

The show was very, very fun and a great showcase for Kritzer, vocally and comedically. Seeing her spin this character off in such a demented, unique way is a treat- and the show provided some very biting Broadway satire that we've sorely needed as the industry has become more and more publicly saccharine. And Kritzer has been such a reliably fantastic performer for over 20 years who has never really gotten her due. I'm glad she finally has- she has more than earned it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/6/24 at 10:56 AM

BrodyFosse123
#12Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 11:30am

And Kritzer has been such a reliably fantastic performer for over 20 years who has never really gotten her due. I'm glad she finally has- she has more than earned it.

If THIS is her finally getting her due, I’d be enormously disappointed. I’ve been a huge fan of hers for decades and even supported her campaign attempts at getting an audition request for SNL (never happened), but she’s still in the shadows. Her time WILL come, but it’s not there yet. Aside from the Broadway community, no one knows who she is. Even her fabulous young Carol Burnett bit on MRS. MAISEL went ignored - the clip isn’t even on YouTube! 

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#13Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:35pm

I caught the end of the 9:30 stream, and I loved how she mentioned never being a very good student, who did not get into Carnegie Mellon, or NYU, but still got to where she was meant to be. That is a topic that few artists talk about, and I suppose I understand why, but I love hearing that even being a reliable singer/actor for 20+ years does not mean they had their choice of conservatories. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#14Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:41pm

east side story said: "I caught the end of the 9:30 stream, and I loved how she mentioned never being a very good student, who did not get into Carnegie Mellon, or NYU, but still got to where she was meant to be. That is a topic that few artists talk about, and I suppose I understand why, but I love hearing that even being a reliable singer/actor for 20+ years does not mean they had their choice of conservatories."

I mean, that's a nice sentiment but she went to CCM, which is pretty high up there on the list of MT programs and has churned out as many good alumni as any other institution. But training does not make or break a career, as we know.

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 12:41 PM

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#15Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:46pm

I was about to say this--she went to CCM, which has a pretty high track record of churning out Broadway performers...in fact, it may even be more competitive than the others nowadays

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#16Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/6/24 at 2:09pm

Yes, of course she attended CCM. The point to me seemed that perhaps it was not her first choice, and/or her high school transcript worked against her in those processes despite the talent. Nonetheless, I appreciated the candor.

Alex Kulak2
#17Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 10:46am

TaffyDavenport said: "Leslie brought the Sweaty Oracle on stage with her tonight. Still think he has no connections, haters?

"

I have to believe that this is step 1 of an intense, multi-phase scheme that ends with Sweaty Oracle hosting the Tony Awards.

yahyahyah
#18Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:42am

inception said: "No one has yet mentioned her bit in the show where she goes online to Broadwayworld to find out what's being said about her, but everything is just "Ben Platt at the Pslace" or "Audra in Gypsy.""

But where’s the “BroadwayWorld is literally irrelevant except for the 12 of us who post relentlessly and I can say terrible things and it has no impact on the community and the greater business” crowd now?

Oh ok. 😂

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#19Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:44am

I'm surprised Kritzer hasn't been promoted more aggressively for her Spamalot role. Ramierz was everywhere in 2005. The message was that The Lady of the Lake was "the" breakout performance of the season. Revisiting the cast album, I see that the lyrics for the Lady's songs aren't particularly amusing. It's more about the mugging and the belting. 

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#20Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:54am

Alex Kulak2 said: "I have to believe that this is step 1 of an intense, multi-phase scheme that ends with Sweaty Oracle hosting the Tony Awards."

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised to see him there, or at least physically adjacent to it. Keep an eye out.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#21Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 12:43pm

MrsSallyAdams said: "I'm surprised Kritzer hasn't been promoted more aggressively for her Spamalot role.Ramierz was everywhere in 2005. The message was that The Lady of the Lake was "the" breakout performance of the season. Revisiting the cast album, I see that the lyrics for the Lady's songs aren't particularly amusing. It's more about the mugging and the belting."

Ramirez was the 29-year-old breakout star of a Best Musical frontrunner, anointed by Mike Nichols and the Pythons, who stole the show from her much more famous costars and went on to win the Tony.

Kritzer is in her 40s, has worked in the industry for 20+ years, she's the sole nominee of a closed flop revival (meaning that there's no marketing spend being put behind her from the show side), and her nomination was a complete surprise to everyone. The nature of the role is also no surprise because Spamalot has been part of the public consciousness for nearly 20 years. I imagine even she feels she has little chance of winning.

The 2024 equivalent to Ramirez might be Sara Pidgeon or Maleah Joi Moon or Kara Young.

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 12:43 PM

BrodyFosse123
#22Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 2:18pm

Here you go, kids. Don’t forget to tip your waitress.

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 02:18 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#23Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 2:40pm

I wouldn't say Kritzer's nomination was a complete surprise- she had been nominated by the Drama Desks, OCC, and Drama League, as well. While those aren't reliable predictors of the Tonys, somebody showing up repeatedly across these awards bodies with their very different rules and nominating groups  does indicate industry support. Kritzer, being an unnominated veteran who has been reliably great, was a good "the nomination is the reward" pick to round out the category. While I agree she is probably the least likely to win, the fact the category is so large does suggest that there isn't a clear consensus pick and the votes may split in weird ways.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/7/24 at 02:40 PM

JSquared2
#24Kritzer will perform Lady Of The Lake “Farewell Tour” at Joe’s Pub
Posted: 6/7/24 at 2:58pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Leslie brought the Sweaty Oracle on stage with her tonight. Still think he has no connections, haters?

Umm...I'm gonna say "YES"??

Videos