Subway spottings

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#0Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:23pm

Today on the A train to see Fame Becomes Me I saw Manoel Felciano! I have seen other stars on the train but does anyone have any stories?

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#1re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:34pm

I saw Doubt one night and stayed after to meet the cast and they were fabulous. Then we walked to the 50th Street Subway and got on the train and to our surprise Cherry Jones came onto our car and sat right next to me. She smiled because she had remembered us from minutes before at the stage door and we chatted for about 5 or 6 stops.

It was the highlight of my freshman year of college. Witnessing her amazing performances, then sitting right next to her and chatting with her. Cherry Jones is so beautiful and she has the prettiest blue eyes! I love the woman.

She even recommended some plays that I should read. Needless to say, I went out and bought them the next day. Updated On: 8/20/06 at 08:34 PM

iheartamc10
#2re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 8:36pm

I saw Dominic Nolfi (Jersey Boys) after a show one night.

WickedMuzzy422 Profile Photo
WickedMuzzy422
#4re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:10pm

I saw barrett foa at the train station once. that was a good day.

"Labels are for cans, not for people." --anthony Rapp

Joshua488
#5re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:24pm

I sat across from Sarah Paulson on the 1 train.

I sat across from Gordon Clapp on the 1 train as well.

Oh, and the Dell guy ("Dude, you're gettin' a Dell!") sat across from me on the 1 train, too.
Updated On: 8/20/06 at 09:24 PM

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#6re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 9:51pm

I SWEAR I saw Hunter Foster coming out of the subway when I was going to Jersey Boys.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#7re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:20pm

Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

I didn't say anything to him... but I kinda wish I had re: Subway spottings

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#8re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:21pm

I saw Mario Cantone once, and Michael McKean (he was reading The New York Times)

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#9re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:34pm

Mano and Lauren, right after I saw Sweeney! re: Subway spottings

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#10re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:40pm

I met Barret at the stage door of Avenue Q with my friend in August and afterwards we walked to the 42nd and 8th ave subway station and there was Barrett waiting on the stairs. He saw us and smiled than made a comment like "are you guys following me"? It was so cute!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#11re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 10:53pm

I met Karen Ziemba on the subway. the 2 Train to be exact she sat next to me, and I got so exited I struck up a conversation with her, AMAZINGLY nice and georgous!

Phantom487
#12re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:32pm

I saw Felicia Finley... don't remember what train, but I saw her! It was a while ago... before The Wedding Singer opened... probably when she was still in Forbidden Broadway SVU or right after...

Updated On: 8/21/06 at 11:32 PM

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#13re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:36pm

Manoel at the 50th and 8th station. Also there: Jeffrey Kuhn, David Ayers.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

CJR
#14re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:45pm

You will always, always, ALWAYS see Mario (Cantone) on the subway. I dont think he'll ever not take the subway.

He actually worked a whole bit about it into his show.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#15re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/20/06 at 11:57pm

There was a while where I kept seeing James Kinney (late of "Sweet Charity") on the subway platform and on the street. I kept wanting to run up and say "I'm not stalking you, I swear!"

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#16re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:18am

"You will always, always, ALWAYS see Mario (Cantone) on the subway. I dont think he'll ever not take the subway.
He actually worked a whole bit about it into his show. "

I always think of that portion of the show when someone says that he was seen on the subway. Such a memorable and hysterical joke!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#17re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/21/06 at 12:11pm

A couple of weeks ago, I sat across from Victoria Clark on the subway. She was in a jogging outfit.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

30/90 Playout
#18re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/21/06 at 12:46pm

I literally BUMPED into Brad Musgrove when I was running for a train last month.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#19re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/21/06 at 12:51pm

Gary Beach and I were waiting for the A train together...that's about all.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

IssaMe
#20re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 9:50am

Before leaving New York to return home, ran into Michael Berresse on the subway all the time.

Not sure why Barrett takes the subway considering that he doesn't live that far from the theater district. But have seen him too.

Stephen Schwartz --- but before "Wicked"...so maybe he can "afford" a cab now? re: Subway spottings.

Although I can easily go by car - or taxi, I still use the subway when in NYC because I love it (and the tube in London), so maybe Schwartz still takes it too because he likes to mix and mingle and people-watch.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#21re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 10:01am

Wait. Are you telling me that people who are on broadway take SUBWAYS (and buses?) that's just too too crazy re: Subway spottings

And perhaps Barrett takes subways to other places besides the theater district. I mean if we are to believe that these people take public transportation, we could also believe they do things other than work in their shows, right? :)

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#22re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 10:45am

Like maybe go number 2 as well? Imagine that! And for the record, I've seen even *real* big stars like Cameron Diaz on the Subway in NY, GASP, more than once. Are you kidding me with this thread? What do you think, they all get limos?

Zachary Goldfarb
#23re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 11:39am

this is creepy.

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#24re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 11:42am

I passed Marian Seldes in the 42nd street station a few months ago. See, everyone takes the subway!

peapod36 Profile Photo
peapod36
#25re: Subway spottings
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:14pm

With the price of gas,I'm surprised anyone in NY drives anywhere.

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

Videos