pixeltracker

Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?

Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?

fgreene1938 Profile Photo
fgreene1938
#1Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:38pm

No one has asked this, so I suppose it's time. I have my own opinion but I want to hear what other people think.

Yankeefan007
snowskittle
AndAllThatJazz22
#3re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:40pm

So according to your theory, we should ask if every actor who has won an award deserved it.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.
Updated On: 6/9/09 at 06:40 PM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#4re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:41pm

Either way -they did win the tony. so obviously SOMEONE thought they deserved it.

sgv123
Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:41pm

NO.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:53pm

Well, we DID talk about it ad nauseum BEFORE it was official.

But my vote: Nope.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#9re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:53pm

They won, it's over, move on. (Although my answer would be no.)

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:55pm

Already discussed to death.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/9/09 at 06:55 PM

sgv123
#11re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:05pm

I honestly think that all of the nominees in the category were deserving of the award...some more than others though.

fbueller
#12re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:06pm

No, no, no!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#13re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:31pm

Yes.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#14re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:35pm

yes

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#15re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:40pm

I think they should have given then a special award HOWEVER I must say that I though they were AMAZING on the TONY'S

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#16re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:09pm

Absolutely. You can disagree if you want but the fact is that the MAJORITY of Tony voters agreed that they were the best.

Get over it.

Meow!

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#17re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:15pm

I think they should have won a special Tony. The voters rewarded the role of Billy rather than the actors. They definately deserved something, because they are fantastic and work their butts off, but I would have rather seen Creel win for his mesmerizing performance, or Spencer for holding his own against Ripley, or D'Arcy James for creating a full, rich character out of bad material. But as someone already said, the Billy's won so we should move on and start bitching about the 2010 Tonys.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.
Updated On: 6/9/09 at 08:15 PM

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#18re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:40pm

It's done, get over it and move on.

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#19re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:20pm

No, there were four other actors giving stellar performances eight times a week. Secondly, The voters only had to see one boy perform, so they couldn't possibly know that all three boys were worthy of an award. In conclusion, they should have made a special award for the three boys like they did for the cast of La Boheme.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#20re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:26pm

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Move the **** on.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#21re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:31pm

We knew they were going to win the second they amended the rules and were nominated.

When they won it felt like some contrived Susan Boyle-esque moment which made my stomach turn.

"Angry Dance" does absolutely nothing for me. For a show so heavily based on dance, the choreography is pretty terrible.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#22re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:36pm

Not to change the topic, but will each of them get the money, or will they split it?

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#23re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:41pm

They absolutely deserved this award. They work there butts off every night that they are on stage.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#24re: Should the 3 Billys Have Won the Tony Award?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:52pm

This was a tough year for the leading men.

If the Billy's had not have won, I could see the Tony having gone to Creel, d'Arcy James or Spencer.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards