News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Broadway Wish For 2011

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#25Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 12/31/10 at 5:12pm

I second the motion WSS. do I hear a 3 rd?

Poster Emeritus

tking001
#26Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 12/31/10 at 5:13pm

For N2n to move back off broadway so its not totally gone

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#27Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 12/31/10 at 5:20pm

....that I will be able to see Judith Light in "Lombardi" when I visit the Big Apple..from March 15-18, 2011. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#28Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 12/31/10 at 5:28pm

For both 'Next to Normal' and 'In the Heights' to have tours that make stops in either Houston or, preferably, New Orleans. Also, at least one new, original musical to hit Broadway.

bwayfan7000
#29Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 12/31/10 at 7:48pm

For Sutton Foster and Roundabout to surprise us with a phenomenal Anything Goes.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Eleah
#30Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 12:30am

a new musical that is successful and original and makes me feel something written by an unknown writer that is given a chance on Broadway that has shown his or her work somewhere regionally and brings known and unknown talents to Broadway that care about the work and are excited to be in the project.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#31Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 12:40am

That a producer announces the fall 2011 opening of a heretofore unknown Sondheim show. Just one more, Steve!

And that, off-Broadway, someone takes a chance on the long-neglected GROVERS CORNERS by Jones and Schmidt.

http://docandraider.com

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
CandiceElyse
#32Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 12:57am

that Arena Stage's Oklahoma! gets a run on broadway, even if a limited engagement. It was so fantastic!!

Judy Garland & Gene Kelly <3

2 Profile Photo
#33Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 1:04am

That Spiderman closes and Scottboro Boys does come back in the spring.

Orangesaretuesdays
#34Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 1:42am

For no more injuries for the Spiderman cast or any cast for that matter. IN The Heights to release their rights so people around the world can see this wonderful show. Great new musicals to hit Broadway and thrive. And for me to be able to see them.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#35Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 10:43am

For In The Heights and Women on a Verge to not close. And that all the new musicals coming are as good as I expect them to be.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#36Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 11:21am

The posts sound like we're little kids saying prayers at bedtime. LOL. With Next to Normal closing, I need a new show to be readily available on TDF so I can have something that I love to be my new "go to" show whenever I need musical theater therapy. I'm hoping that Catch Me if You Can lives up to expectations. I also hope that in How to Succeed, Christopher J Henke doesn't just recycle Baldwin in to Bud Frump. Lastly, I think they should auction off all of Gabe's blue boxer shorts from "Just Another Day" (a la Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman's T-shirts) for Broadway Cares.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 1/1/11 at 11:21 AM

romgitsean
#37Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 11:25am

I don't think Spiderman should close. I think it should just clean up its act. I don't object to speculating how long it will TAKE to close, but I think it's just plan mean to wish for a show to close.

I hope the Pippin and Godspell revivals will actually happen.

I hope Book of Mormon is as good as they say it will.

Oh, and for Raul Esparza to get the f*ck out of Arcadia. What the hell.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

rmusic11322
#38Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 3:37pm

For Diana DeGarmo to finally originate a role.

HopeChanged
#39Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 6:56pm

I would like for Will Chase to star in a long-running show with gorgeous music and a powerful story. He's got the voice, acting skills, and overall ability to tackle just about any role. And -- while I know his current gig in the hit Billy Elliot likely provides great stability and financial security -- I'd love to see him shine in a lasting show that has beauty and depth. His voice is one of the most gorgeous I've ever heard and imho he should be starring in a show, not playing a minor role, at least not for the long haul.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#40Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:17pm

For Love Never Dies to actually be good when it comes to Australia.

socarrat
#41Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/1/11 at 7:46pm

I wish that Sister Act and Wonderland are big hits. That Wizard of Oz transfer to the US and that the mega-talented Hannah Waddingham come with it. And that Aladdin and Hunchback materialize.

romgitsean
#42Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/2/11 at 1:17am

Seconded for Aladdin and Hunchback. I do not wish anything for Wonderland. It makes me naucous. How someone can butcher Lewis Carroll's work so badly and call it art is beyond me.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#43Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/2/11 at 10:50am

For Scottsboro Boys to come back and do well.
For Susan Stroman to win the Tony for Direction of a Musical.
For Kander and Ebb to win Best Score.
For Scottsboro to win every Tony it can.

I also wouldn't mind if they transferred Arena's Oklahoma! or Encores! Bells are Ringing.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#44Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/2/11 at 11:38am

If you do not want to see art butchered, do not go to the New York State Opera. Lady Macbeth in an evening gown & combat boots?

Poster Emeritus

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#45Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/8/11 at 6:19pm

@romgitsean, why no esparza in arcadia for you?

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#46Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/8/11 at 6:33pm

A return engagement for The Scottboro Boys
An extension for Next to Normal
A Broadway transfer for Oklahoma!
That I win lotto for Merchant of Venice in February

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#47Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/8/11 at 6:53pm

To hear SRS and Will Swenson sing the parts of Diana and Dan in a Next to Normal concert benefit.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#48Broadway Wish For 2011
Posted: 1/8/11 at 7:11pm

Ugh, for 'In the Heights' and 'Next to Normal' not to close. It's right around the corner for both, and I'm getting increasingly bummed out. =/

Videos