News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 3

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

blasvader
#50CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/20/23 at 5:19pm

Okay, so NY1 and Frank DiLella seem to be doing a bit about the London production tonight, according to Twitter. Does that mean we hear tonight itself?

PipingHotPiccolo
#51CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/20/23 at 9:57pm

nybkg609 said: "Just heard on NY1 that the soon-to-be-announced actress who will be starring in the upcoming revival of Cabaret on Broadway has a connection with the previous revival (1998-04, 2014-15) and is a TV star too. Any guesses?"

This makes me think of Gayle Rankin, actually, but I cant see her as Sally? 

Bebe as Fraulein Schneider would be inspired.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#52CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/20/23 at 10:08pm

Bebe would be incredible casting for Fraulein Schneider .

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#53CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/20/23 at 11:30pm

Alexandra Billings would be an inspired Fraulein Schneider!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Anthony Sunday
#54CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/20/23 at 11:36pm

Dig some digging around the above clues and now I'm (maybe unrealistically) hoping for Cara Delevinge. She'd fit the role to a tee, was a main cast member on S2 of ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING, and starred HER SMELL alongside Gayle Rankin.

Another long shot I'd like to see is Zendaya. The connection is pretty loose (both she and Emma Stone have played love interests of Spider-Man), but she and Gayle Rankin also appeared in GREATEST SHOWMAN together. With Hollywood work at an indefinite standstill - maybe this is the perfect time?

BamaEd
#55CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/21/23 at 2:13pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "nybkg609 said: "Just heard on NY1 that the soon-to-be-announced actress who will be starring in the upcoming revival of Cabaret on Broadway has a connection with the previous revival (1998-04, 2014-15) and is a TV star too. Any guesses?"

The "TV Star" qualification would make me think they could actually be considering Dove Cameron, or bringing Maude Apatow over. But I don't know what type of "connection" they would have to the past Roundabout revival (but if its just a rumor mill/gossip piece...they could be using the word "connection" very loosely. ie: they're friends with the music director! or hey, they're from the same hometown as one of the actors"CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024.

Interestingly, I just saw that Micaela Diamond's current picture on Wikipedia is a production still from a 2016 Project Broadway production of Cabaret. A fan trying to will her Bway casting into existence? haha
"

The connection would be Alan Cumming. They were both in Schmigadoon! and were father/daughter in season 2 Schmicago.

I think she'd be very good. She played a Sally like character in Schmicago and is talented but not such a big voice she'd be "too good" as Sally.

So, yes, I'd guess Dove too.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#56CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/21/23 at 2:21pm

She is definitely a name that would get people in the door, very interesting. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#57CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/24/23 at 2:11pm

Any 'guestimates' for when they will announce the casting of Sally and when tickets might go on sale?

Musicaldudepeter
#58CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/24/23 at 2:43pm

I know she'd never do it but I would love Ute Lemper as Schneider. She is a former Sally, had a history with Kander & Ebb and Chicago, does all those Lotte Lenye songs... she'd be fabulous. 

Robbie516
#59CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/24/23 at 2:48pm

I’m very interested to see who will play Sally…since they have Redmayne they don’t necessarily need a huge name for this…it would help of course!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#60CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/24/23 at 2:58pm

Is Eddie Redmayne that big of a draw in the states these days? I think they can benefit from all the star power they can. get

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/24/23 at 8:28pm

QueenAlice said: "Is Eddie Redmayne that big of a draw in the states these days? I think they can benefit from all the star power they can. get"

It’s Cabaret. The title alone will carry them for a while. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#62CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/25/23 at 7:21am

I think he's a pretty big name, not like Tom Hanks or Josh Groban,  but decently big....will it bring in non theater lovers? Nah. Solidfy the fans of performing arts to open wallets? Yup.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#63CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/25/23 at 12:59pm

I think the event of it all will sell tickets for awhile. It looks like a unique experience plus throw in some "names." 

hearthemsing22
#64CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 1:51pm

If there's anyone I do not see doing this at all, it's Zendaya. Isn't she on a roll with her film career??

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#65CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 2:34pm

BdwyFan said: "Having seen both productions I’m going with Merrily for sure. Cabaret has been revived twice and has won. This version of Merrily is spectacular and Mister Jonathan Groff’sTony year. That’s all."

I agree. Casting certainly made a big difference for Merrily. 
I saw the production in Boston back in 2017 with the London leads and Eden Espinosa and it was amazing back then but producers knew that cast wouldn’t sell tix compared to Radcliffe/Groff today if it went to Bway.

OuttaTowner
#66CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 4:43pm

Agree with the previous post’er. Radcliffe may be the name that sells the show, but Groff is the reason to see this - he’s great in it. To be honest, Radcliffe so underplayed Charlie that he barely registered with me.   Groff will be tough to beat, come Tony time. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#67CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 7:03pm

I finally saw this in London last night and this production is A LOT but in mostly good ways. There were some parts that definitely were languid in their pace and made the show drag, but the cast (including Maude) was uniformly excellent.

I’m saying it now, Mason Alexander Park was BORN for this role and if they don’t at least get an alternate or standby role as the Emcee, I will riot. They were THAT good.

Also, I had an understudy for Cliff who was amazing (Chris O’Mara) and I went a little Instagram hunt and…my god this man is gorgeous. 

https://instagram.com/chrisomarauk?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#68CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 7:07pm

Ooooh I hope Chris is on when I see it again in a few weeks!!!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#69CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 8:09pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Ooooh I hope Chris is on when I see it again in a few weeks!!!"

His boyfriend is also one of the cabaret boys, but I couldn’t remember if it was Hans or Bobby. If it was the latter, WHEEEEWW, that gave their kiss some gravitas for darn sure.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#70CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 8:13pm

quizking101 said: "I’m saying it now, Mason Alexander Park was BORN for this role and if they don’t at least get an alternate or standby role as the Emcee, I will riot. They were THAT good.

I second this! After seeing Mason TWICE, I said to myself that they need to be involved the Broadway transfer in some capacity! If not the official Emcee (which will likely be Redmayne), then they need to be the Emcee alternate! Just like how I said that Emily Benjamin NEEDS to be the Sally Alternate! I swear, the talent of that cast is just extraordinary! I can’t wait to see this again on Broadway next year! New York is not ready for the beauty and magic of this production!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

JasonC3
#71CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/26/23 at 8:26pm

So! Many! Exclamation! Points! LOL!

aliceripleyofficial Profile Photo
aliceripleyofficial
#72CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/29/23 at 3:19pm

I was told Gaga is all but set for Sally last night. I’m not inclined to completely believe this but…

JSquared2
#73CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/29/23 at 3:30pm

aliceripleyofficial said: "I was told Gaga is all but set for Sally last night. I’m not inclined to completely believe this but…"

Yeah….no. 

smidge2
#74CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 7/29/23 at 4:47pm

It will never happen but I would love for Mia Goth to play Sally.

Videos