News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

City Center Encores! 2023-24 season: PAL JOEY • ONCE UPON A MATTRESS • JELLY'S LAST JAM • TITANIC- Page 3

City Center Encores! 2023-24 season: PAL JOEY • ONCE UPON A MATTRESS • JELLY'S LAST JAM • TITANIC

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#50NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 1:21pm

Bonnie taking on a role Victoria originated is such a beautiful full circle moment.

ColorTheHours048
#51NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 1:23pm

Jordan Catalano said: "For me personally, Donna as the queen has been maybe my #1 theater dream."

“God but you're clever! / Brilliant! A genius! / You are divine! Get out!” feels like a lyric predestined to be sung by Donna Murphy.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#52NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 1:37pm

Yep! Sorry, but there’s not a single other person i want to hear sing that.  

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#53NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 3:35pm

The piecemeal nature of the casting announcement is odd to me since we know things can change in a moment at ENCORES if an actor gets a better offer elsewhere, and these are all supporting roles announced. But I can't complain about any of this casting.

Updated On: 10/10/23 at 03:35 PM

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#54NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 4:57pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Yep! Sorry, but there’s not a single other person i want to hear sing that."

Counterpoint - Jinkx Monsoon. 

JSquared2
#55NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 5:16pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Michael Urie is inspired casting for that. I'm still crossing my fingers and toes for Donna Murphy as the Queen. I need that more than anything else."

Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of  Broadway cred. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#56NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 5:22pm

JSquared2 said: "Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of Broadway cred."

Bellamy Young?

JSquared2
#57NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 5:23pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JSquared2 said: "Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of Broadway cred."

Bellamy Young?
"

A bigger name.

slow_the_rain
#58NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 9:05pm

JSquared2 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JSquared2 said: "Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of Broadway cred."

Bellamy Young?
"

A bigger name.

"

Baranski?

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#60NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 10:51pm

I love Bonnie, but she seems a tad young for a put upon wife looking for adventure in a stale marriage. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#61NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:07pm

JasonC3 said: "yeah, sounds like Baranski"

I wasn’t even thinking of Good Wife/Fight as “soap,” but she’d be perfect, maybe even more so than Murph.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#62NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:36pm

Baranski would be great. Are there any talks of a OUAM transfer to Broadway?

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#63NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:43pm

I love me some Sutton Forster. i really do. The Drowsy Chaperone. (Wow) Millie (Wow) Young ]Frankenstein (Wow)but I don't think she's right for Winnifred the Wobegone like she wasn't right for Sweet Charity. I wish they were more careful casting Sutton because she shines brilliantly when the part is right. And she seems a tad off (Sweet Charity) and Possibly OUAM when the part isn't right,. 

I think for Winnifred you need a Carol Burnett, a Jane Connell (who played it in London) and Beanie probably could pull this one off. 

I hope I am proven wrong because Sutton Rocks. Just wish she picked roles more suited to her.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#64NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:45pm

Oh and as for Titanic.. that show put me to sleep. I don't get the love for that one.

And Gregory Hines was wonderfful in it but other than that, I can't remember about Jelly's Last Jam. Did not make much of an impression.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#65NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:50pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JasonC3 said: "yeah, sounds like Baranski"

I wasn’t even thinking of Good Wife/Fight as “soap,” but she’d be perfect, maybe even more so than Murph.
"

If it's Baranski, I assume they're referring to The Gilded Age.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#66NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/11/23 at 2:38am

Counterpoint - Jinkx Monsoon.

Yeah no. It's neither one of those people. Great casting for the season so far, all the shows will be very well sold with this brilliant group of artists. Bonnie? Billy? Michael? Looking forward! heart

Updated On: 10/11/23 at 02:38 AM

ColorTheHours048
#67NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/11/23 at 10:55am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I love Bonnie, but she seems a tad young for a put upon wife looking for adventure in a stale marriage."

Victoria was about 38 when she played the same role, and Bonnie is 39. She reads younger than that (whatever that means) but, for comparison’s sake, they also never establish if Aunt Debra is Pattie’s younger or older sister, and Pattie is around 33/34.

Not to mention that in 1912, 39 would be plenty old enough to be in a marriage long enough for it to be stale.

JSquared2
#68NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:13pm

slow_the_rain said: "JSquared2 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JSquared2 said: "Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of Broadway cred."

Bellamy Young?
"

A bigger name.

"

Baranski?
"

Not Baranski either.  The name being mentioned as "on board" appeared on Broadway fairly recently.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
star!
#70NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:57pm

Word is that The Queen is a former star of a recent-ish hit night time TV soap opera who ALSO has quite a bit of Broadway cred."

Miriam Shor would kill as Queen Aggravain! And it would be a wonderful professional reunion with Sutton.

sarcadam88
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#72NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/16/23 at 6:18pm

Anyone happen to know what time general sale kicks off tomorrow? All I'm seeing is the 17th but nothing about the time. 

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#73NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/17/23 at 9:18am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "Anyone happen to know what time general sale kicks off tomorrow? All I'm seeing is the 17th but nothing about the time."

The member sale started at noon last Tuesday - I expect it will be the same for the general sale.

The slotted spoon can catch the potato.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#74NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 10/17/23 at 1:33pm

Tickets are on sale now for the general public. I'm in the waiting room.

Updated On: 10/17/23 at 01:33 PM

Videos