News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

City Center Encores! 2023-24 season: PAL JOEY • ONCE UPON A MATTRESS • JELLY'S LAST JAM • TITANIC- Page 8

City Center Encores! 2023-24 season: PAL JOEY • ONCE UPON A MATTRESS • JELLY'S LAST JAM • TITANIC

itsshowtime2
#175NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:28pm

I am surprised to see Nikki Renee Daniels in the cast. I thought she was still leading the tour of Company?

JSquared2
#176NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:31pm

Kad said: "Typically “concert adaptation” just means a pared down version of the book. Which I’m fine with considering this show’s book is a lot of schtick that is very hard to make funny these days."

Just as long as they don't let Billy Porter anywhere near it!

MemorableUserName
#177NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:36pm

itsshowtime2 said: "I am surprised to see Nikki Renee Daniels in the cast. I thought she was still leading the tour of Company?"

That's Britney Coleman (the other Bobbie understudy on Broadway).

itsshowtime2
#178NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:55pm

MemorableUserName said: "itsshowtime2 said: "I am surprised to see Nikki Renee Daniels in the cast. I thought she was still leading the tour of Company?"

That's Britney Coleman (the other Bobbie understudy on Broadway).
"

OMG! It clicked as soon as I saw your response. My bad!

jimmycurry01
#179NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/4/23 at 11:29pm

Kad said: "Why would they remove the Minstrel? They’re a rather key role and they’re of course also part of the song “The Minstrel, the Jester, and I.”"

In the latest of the three TV versions, wasn't The Minstrel cut? It's been a long while since I've seen it; my memory is a bit hazy.  I think in the '72 version, the Wizard was axed in favor of a slightly different character.

With so many versions out there, it's hard to say what might end up on stage.

OMG U Guyz
#180NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/5/23 at 10:04am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "There was a rumor on here that Baranski was the queen. But perhaps that's not happening anymore."

This is what I heard as well - it might be scheduling issue for her so they’re looking for another ‘name’.  But her and Sutton together would be 🔥

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#181NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/5/23 at 11:22am

Considering the history between Sutton Foster, and Amy Sherman-Palladino, I would DIE if they could get Kelly Bishop to be the Queen.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#182NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/5/23 at 11:29am

There's so many good options for the Queen, such a great role. I feel like it's going to end up being a drag queen. Jinx Monsoon, perhaps. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#184NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/11/23 at 12:08pm

Harriet Harris as Queen Aggravain. Terrific addition to the cast.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#185NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/11/23 at 12:58pm

A MILLIE reunion!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

yyys
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#187NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/11/23 at 10:04pm

This is a superb cast on paper.

Glad to see Harriet Sansom Harris returning to a musical after doing such good screen work recently.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#188NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/11/23 at 10:25pm

They just opened up a bunch of tickets in the front orchestra for a ton of performances of ONCE UPON...I just scored.  This cast is next level.  And Amy Sherman Pallidino.   Cannot wait.   

meaghan416
#189NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/15/23 at 1:20pm

Random question, but I have a front row ticket for Feb 4th matinee and looking to see if anyone wants to/is looking to trade for Feb 3rd matinee. I am looking to still stay in the front few rows. Maybe someone bought a ticket and something came up, like with me. Thanks!

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#190NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/16/23 at 5:22pm

So DeMarius Copes, who’s been playing Daphne in Some Like It Hot when J Harrison Ghee has been out posted that he’s the Jester for the last few performances of the run. Why bother casting Ghee? I’m aware that he had an injury and his dad passed, but he missed a lot of Some Like It Hot. I also think Encores should’ve made this clear earlier. Good for Copes; he deserves more praise, but it definitely feels shady from the others.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#191NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/16/23 at 9:34pm

He's listed on the City Center website, as well. He'll be Jester on 2/3 and 2/4.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#192NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/17/23 at 4:09am

TaffyDavenport said: "He's listed on the City Center website, as well. He'll be Jester on 2/3 and 2/4."

Exactly. I feel like both parties should’ve made that clear from the beginning, and they didn’t. It’s only posted now with the full cast announcement, if you scroll down. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#193NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/17/23 at 9:02am

Considering how few performances they do, it is odd they would cast somebody who is unable to complete the full run. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#194NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/17/23 at 12:40pm

Kad said: "Considering how few performances they do, it is odd they would cast somebody who is unable to complete the full run."

Very, very weird. Especially since The Jester (in the original version) is not THAT great of a part.

JSquared2
#195NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
Posted: 12/18/23 at 4:12pm

Since there is still no one announced as "The Minstrel", is it safe to assume that the character has been cut and their parts (including the opening number "Many Moons Ago") have been reassigned to The Jester in order to beef up that role?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak

Videos