News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 22

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

chanel
#525Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:52am

You read the Jane Lynch casting news here first (along with other Broadway gossip). Enjoy.

https://www.queerty.com/musto-ben-platt-rosie-odonnell-patti-lupone-drag-queen-lands-just-like-20211002

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#526Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:30am

Thanks for the code. We just scored 4 tickets Orchestra Center Row F for a week in late April at $199 a pop (excluding fees) which in today’s world is UNHEARD of. These will be priced at Premium Seat prices later on. Same thing happened with my Midler/HELLO, DOLLY! tickets - Orchestra Center Row D at $189 the day they went on sale and were later Premium Seat priced.

BrodyFosse123
#527Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:45am

And yes, your QR Code tickets are sent immediately so no waiting. An account is also made when you order your tickets so you can access the QR Code whenever you want. No need to panic that you “lost” your ticket.

teatime2
#528Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:54am

Is anyone else struggling to enter the promo code? There is no place for me to enter it.

BrodyFosse123
#529Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:56am

Go to SeatGeek.com. Search FUNNY GIRL.

There is no link on the show’s website. You need to go to SeatGeek.com.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#530Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:59am

I just hope she has a big, commanding voice. I'm not into these "actors that can sing" (Looking at you "Company"Funny Girl 2022 Revival 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#531Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:06pm

RippedMan said: "I just hope she has a big, commanding voice."

She does not.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#532Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:06pm

Running the risk of booking a Wednesday evening - last thing I need is a "she only does matinees on two-show days" - but it's what works best with me and my partner's schedules. That's a hell of a cast!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

CPannullo
#533Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:10pm

Has been there any talks of whether or not they’d be incorporating the songs from the movie into stage? Or stick to the stage version?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#534Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:11pm

I just hope she has a big, commanding voice

Nope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_d1mJbVagA

I hope she has a schedule like Adrienne or Lauren/Laura and does 6 shows a week.

Updated On: 10/6/21 at 12:11 PM

nasty_khakis
#535Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:18pm

Does anyone know if you can use the code at the Wilson box office? I'd like to skip the fees if I can. 

Sutton Ross
#536Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:19pm

If they are open, go for it. But, SeekGeek is the WORST so they may insist you use their website with that promo code. Worth a try! 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#537Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:23pm

Yeah, thanks for the video reference. I'm gonna sit this one out. Especially if it's the same bad staging from London. 

WestEndGal
#538Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:29pm

Sutton Ross said: "I just hope she has a big, commanding voice

Nope!

"

Wow, I thought her voice would be stronger, but in this performance it’s very nasally and indistinct.

Sutton Ross
#539Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:34pm

All of her performances are nasal because that's how she sings. I don't know if this score is difficult to sing as Ive never seen this show, but I hope they have a strong understudy and announce Beanie's performance schedule in the coming months. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#540Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:35pm

Yea that performance was any girl singing karaoke. Nothing interesting about it. 

Why couldn't they get like Sara Bareilles. She'd knock it out. 

gibsons2
#541Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:42pm

WestEndGal said: "Sutton Ross said: "I just hope she has a big, commanding voice

Nope!

"

Wow, I thought her voice would be stronger, but in this performance it’s very nasally and indistinct.

Yeah,  I can sing like that... that's why I chose Finance as a profession, but love the karaoke parties. I really hoped for someone whose voice makes the hair on your arms raise, but I'm going open minded. Amazing cast should help.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#542Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:48pm

The amount of women who could blow the roof off the Wilson with this show and this is what we get? I'll wait to hear the reviews, but I'm just so over this "She acted the song" crap. Like, give me vocals. We deserve it. I saw Company, she was a fine actress, but her big songs were let downs because the vocals just weren't there. It's Broadway. We can have both. 

Sutton Ross
#543Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:18pm

Fax! It's the greatest theater district in America. We can and should have both for these prices. 

BrodyFosse123
#544Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:20pm

WestEndGal said: "Sutton Ross said: "I just hope she has a big, commanding voice

Nope!

"

Wow, I thought her voice would be stronger, but in this performance it’s very nasally and indistinct.”

1. She’s lip-syncing to a pre-recording.

2. Singing live and projecting to an audience is completely different.  This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera.  That natural singing voice WAS intentional.  She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.  

3. She, like everyone who’d be singing the FUNNY GIRL score, will be getting more vocal coaching prior to the start of rehearsals.  Even LuPone gets vocal coaching, which is why she’s never lost her voice. 

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#545Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:21pm

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize the additional casting announcement had already been posted.

I know you. I know you. I know you.
Updated On: 10/6/21 at 01:21 PM

Kip4
#546Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:24pm

BrodyFosse123 said: 

"1. She’s lip-syncing to a pre-recording.

2. Singing live and projecting to an audience iscompletely different. This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera. That natural singing voice WAS intentional. She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.

3. She, like everyone who’d be singing the FUNNY GIRL score, will be getting more vocal coaching prior to the start of rehearsals. Even LuPone gets vocal coaching, which is why she’s never lost her voice.
"

Honestly!  Do people on a Broadway message board really think actors don't do any work for their roles?  Jesus...

Updated On: 10/6/21 at 01:24 PM

Sutton Ross
#547Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:25pm

Singing live and projecting to an audience is completely different.  This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera.  That natural singing voice WAS intentional.  She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.  

Thank you so much for mansplaining that to us. However, every single one of her videos online sounds exactly like that. And that was her voice "pre-recorded" so................

I hope the vocal coaches completely change and improve her voice and she is amazing for all to enjoy! 

Kip4
#548Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:27pm

Sutton Ross said: "Singing live and projecting to an audience iscompletely different. This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera. That natural singing voice WAS intentional. She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.

Thank you so much for mansplaining that to us. However, every single one of her videos online sounds exactly like that. And that was her voice "pre-recorded" so................

I hope the vocal coaches completely change and improveher voice and she is amazing for all to enjoy!
"

I think it's fairly obvious she will not give us the vocals we expect for Funny Girl.  But I do think that what we'll hear will be the result of further coaching and work.  Time will tell! 

Sutton Ross
#549Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:28pm

Indeed!

Videos