News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 24

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#575Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 4:45pm

PLEASE stop trying to police this site.  People have the right to express their opinions, even if you don't like them. If you just let them be, everyone else can form their own opinions ON their comments, but instead - they end up being annoyed at you telling everyone else what to say or think.  The adults they are talking about are fully aware that people have strong opinions and some are not going to be on their side.   Stop trying to protect people that don't need protecting.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#576Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 4:46pm

God, how I love you. I honestly look forward to your responses. There’s always so much truth in them, no matter how impossible they are to ignore. cheeky

Right back at ya, bb.

Playbill_Trash
#577Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 4:47pm

So will legitimate anger about Jane Lynch taking a role away from a Jewish character actress get any attention beyond these boards? Before you respond, think about whether what you would say about this would be acceptable if it was regarding any other minority - then ask yourself if you’re just telling Jews to “get over it”. Would it be ok to say that to any other minority about their representation? Give me a break.

I’m personally not even angry/outraged about the casting. Jane Lynch is super talented and I’m sure she’ll be great (just like we’ll see Kathryn Hahn as Joan Rivers in an upcoming series). I understand that a lot of things go into these final decisions like availability to commit to a show’s run for a certain time etc. so I’m sure Jewish actresses could have been considered initially.

I’m just sick of Jewish representation not being taken as seriously as any other minority. Social justice warriors are not as inclusive as they think they are.

Sutton Ross
#578Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 4:52pm

All I will say about that is Jewish people have been well represented on Broadway for many decades. I do not think they'll be outrage regarding Jane because, as discussed in another thread, Judaism in not a race. Also, no one under 50 knows anything about this show unless they are on these boards so...I doubt Twitter GenZ will be OuTrAgEd. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#579Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 4:53pm

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH.

That is all.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BCfitasafiddle
#580Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 5:30pm

I haven't been to the August Wilson in a long time.

Can someone remind me, if you sit further back in the orchestra is there much of an overhang?

Playbill_Trash
#581Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 5:33pm

"…Jewish people have been well represented on Broadway for many decades.”

Well then it must be time to stop that, right? In an industry that they BUILT no less!

“ I do not think they'll be outrage regarding Jane because, as discussed in another thread, Judaism in not a race."

Judaism is a minority that includes ethnicity, culture, religion, all contributing to it being a marginalized minority. Still a minority that faces being artistically cleansed and misrepresented on screen/stage like every other minority - regardless of their success and creative input off screen/stage.

Just because it isn’t skin deep doesn’t mean the prejudice isn’t there - it actually makes it a different level of scary. Just because your eyes don’t register pigment doesn’t make it all kosher (you should pardon the expression).

Sutton, I’m not even mad at you. For all I know, everyone in charge of casting for this production is Jewish anyway, and they have the say - not me. And I agree that there won’t be outrage. I’m just disgusted that once again, Jews are told to get over it. 

hearthemsing22
#582Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 5:37pm

Sutton Ross said: "On a side note though, if she has an alternate, I hope the production lists the days and times the other woman is on. I appreciated that with My Fair Lady and more recently, Tina."

Ohh that’d be a smart move. I do hope they do that. 

Sutton Ross
#583Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 5:37pm

Sutton, I’m not even mad at you. For all I know, everyone in charge of casting for this production is Jewish anyway, and they have the say - not me. And I agree that there won’t be outrage. I’m just disgusted that once again, Jews are told to get over it. 

K. 

Updated On: 10/6/21 at 05:37 PM

VintageSnarker
#584Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 5:59pm

Kip4 said: "I think it's fairly obvious she will not give us the vocals we expect for Funny Girl. But I do think that what we'll hear will be the result of further coaching and work. Time will tell!"

Maybe I will be kicking myself in a few months when the tickets go up in price but I couldn't commit to $60 for the back of the mezz right now. I wish they'd put out a promo with her singing something. The costumes seem encouraging but I'm nervous after the Menier Chocolate Factory production.

MadsonMelo
#585Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:14pm

So, a $49 ticket for Row S, seat 9 is a good thing?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#586Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:19pm

Seat S 9 is a wheelchair companion seat, which is why it's $49.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#587Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:21pm

Here's a 30-second commercial that just went up on social media.

CHILLS! What a wonderful, simple commercial that hints at the iconography –– and shows the leading lady in action.

Joey Ledenio Profile Photo
Joey Ledenio
#588Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:42pm

Playbill_Trash said: "So will legitimate anger about Jane Lynch taking a role away from a Jewish character actress get any attention beyond these boards? Before you respond, think about whether what you would say about this would be acceptable if it was regarding any other minority - then ask yourself if you’re just telling Jews to “get over it”. Would it be ok to say that to any other minority about their representation? Give me a break.

I’m personally not even angry/outraged about the casting. Jane Lynch is super talented and I’m sure she’ll be great (just like we’ll see Kathryn Hahn as Joan Rivers in an upcoming series). I understand that a lot of things go into these final decisions like availability to commit to a show’s run for a certain time etc. so I’m sure Jewish actresses could have been considered initially.

I’m just sick of Jewish representation not being taken as seriously as any other minority. Social justice warriors are not as inclusive as they think they are.
"

Huhh?? Jane Lynch was literally just announced; why create an entire tirade about SJWs based solely on your predictions about casting outrage? Not only that, but if you're "personally not even angry..." then what's the point of this message? If members of the Jewish community are mad about the casting, then their own voices and concerns are what's important, not allies or the hypothetical SJWs you're so sick of. Members of other minority groups do just that. And if you are Jewish and want your own community to be upset at this then... go tell them. Cuz the users of this board do not care. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#589Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:44pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "I haven't been to the August Wilson in a long time.

Can someone remind me, if you sit further back in the orchestra is there much of an overhang?
"

Here - 

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#590Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:45pm

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#591Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:45pm

Funny Girl 2022 RevivalErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Here's a 30-second commercial that just went up on social media.

CHILLS! What a wonderful, simple commercial that hints at the iconography –– and shows theleading lady in action.
"

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#592Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 6:49pm

Robbie2 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "I haven't been to the August Wilson in a long time.

"

Here -

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
"

I sat in the last row center orchestra for Jersey Boys, and the view was obstructed.  We couldn't see the actors who were performing on the top of the scaffolding.  I guess it all depends on how high the sets will be for Funny Girl.

SpiritualGangster Profile Photo
SpiritualGangster
#593Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 7:05pm

I just got a couple of tix for me and my partner. He’s a bigger fan of this show than I am. I do like some of the score, especially “The Music that Makes Me Dance”.

What excites me about this production is that they cast with someone to play “Fanny” with such an unpredictable choice. We’re actually looking forward to see what she does with the role.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#594Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 8:14pm

Playbill_Trash said: “For all I know, everyone in charge of casting for this production is Jewish anyway” 

You mean Friedman, Mayer, Fierstein, and the Styne estate? I think they’re all Jewish, and I’m guessing they’re fine with it. 

Theatrefanboy1
#595Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:22pm

Honestly for something that has been half a century in the making. The production team and cast are kind of a fourth rate crew. IMO. I really was hoping for a Lea Michele/Lady Gaga, Rosie O’Donnell, Cheyenne Jackson. Kind of revival. Too bad really

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#596Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:38pm

Yeah I kind of agree with that. And I REALLY hate Nepotism and I know it's all over. Even in sports. Like just cause your dad was a quarterback doesn't mean you'll make a good one? Same with actors. But still the world does it. So I kind of have a chip on my should with her know she comes from a famous family and has famous best friends and that's how she got here. Not a diss to her talent - I liked her in Hello Dolly and Booksmart - but it's not like they did some giant open call and found her. I'm very Eh on this whole revival. Also cause the London version was awful. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#597Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:58pm

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#598Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:59pm

I am intrigued but I’m not running out to buy a ticket. I think she’s sweet and looks great in the promo, but I’m waiting to purchase. I’ll wait for some early word on this. The casting is meh to me. Lynch has run her course with me. I thought she was a luke warm Hannigan. Ramin doesn’t excite me but I know he has his rabid fanbase who I think are more into his body.

I’d really have hoped for a little more star power to support Beanie. Missed opportunities.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#599Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 10:59pm

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Videos