News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 26

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#625Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 9:18am

WldKingdomHM said: "“First preview is already sold out.“

They tend to do that
"

Not sure if that was meant to be snarky, but I think it’s unusual for a show with no huge names in it to sell out during a fan presale. I can’t wait for it, but I didn’t expect ticket sales to be THAT brisk.

JasonC3
#626Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 9:20am

No one huge name, but the combo of Feldstein, Karimloo, and Lynch is a pretty strong trifecta that appeals to a mix of demographics.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#627Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 9:33am

The revival is getting EXTENSIVE media coverage right now, especially in mainstream publications so the people handling the PR on the revival are savvy as all p***k. Due to Ryan Murphy’s ACS: IMPEACHMENT airing right now, Beanie is on the mainstream platform so people know who she is. It could be different come early 2022 but right now people know who she is so they’re using this time to heavily promote the revival. Jane Lynch’s attachment helps a bit more due to her pop culture relevancy (she hosts NBC’s hugely popular reboot of WEAKEST LINK). Everything helps. I’m sure once Streisand mentions her support, this’ll give things a little more push. I personally know at least 20 people on the west coast who already bought tickets and they aren’t people who regularly go to see Broadway shows in NYC. This says quite a bit.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#628Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 9:39am

@Taffy,

In addition to what the posters above said, I also think we've been seeing most Broadway 1st-performances sell out from theatre fans and New Yorkers. People want to be in the room where....no I won't say it. But they want to be a part of the first-night energy that's been ramped up because of the exciting return from COVID. Granted this is opening in the Spring, but I'd wager that the quick ticket sales are residual result of these much-hyped return performances we saw last month.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#629Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 9:39am

The early promotion is strong but, of course, no guarantee that anyone who watches IMPEACHMENT or THE WEAKEST LINK is going to be interested in buying a ticket to see Feldstein or Lynch in a Broadway musical.   IMPEACHMENT, in particular doesn't appear to be very well reviewed, and most of the press on that project, oddly, has centered around actors other than Feldstein.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BrodyFosse123
#630Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 10:13am

I also should add, most everyone I know who already bought tickets was mostly due to them loving the film FUNNY GIRL, to being fans of Streisand, to being excited to see something “new” again on Broadway. Feldstein’s attachment was a nice addition but it had zero to do with them wanting to see the revival. Lynch definitely was an “oh, that’s cool” reaction. Nothing more.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#631Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 11:45am

QueenAlice said: "The early promotion is strong but, of course, no guarantee that anyone who watches IMPEACHMENT or THE WEAKEST LINK is going to be interested in buying a ticket to see Feldstein or Lynch in a Broadway musical. IMPEACHMENT, in particular doesn't appear to be very well reviewed, and most of the press on that project, oddly, has centered around actors other than Feldstein."

I've only seen the first episode of IMPEACHMENT and thought it's pretty well done. I recently learned Monica Lewinsky herself is an executive producer of the show so this is her story approved by her. According to rottentomatoes it is still considered fresh/favorable.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#632Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 11:45am

JasonC3 said: "No one huge name, but the combo of Feldstein, Karimloo, and Lynch is a pretty strong trifecta that appeals to a mix of demographics."

Most people don't know who the first two are, but I get your point. 

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#633Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 11:52am

JBroadway said: "@Taffy,

In addition to what the posters above said, I also think we've been seeing most Broadway 1st-performances sell out from theatre fans and New Yorkers. People want to be in the room where....no I won't say it. But they want to be a part of the first-night energy that's been ramped up because of the exciting return from COVID. Granted this is opening in the Spring, but I'd wager that the quick ticket sales are residual result of these much-hyped return performances we saw last month.
"

I think this is spot on.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#634Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 2:49pm

Whenever I see the latest show art, I keep thinking it's JoJo Siwa.

Sutton Ross
#635Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 3:33pm

HAHAHA. I just totally saw that in her face. LOVE. 

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#636Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 3:39pm

Sutton Ross said: "HAHAHA. I just totally saw that in her face. LOVE."

Well, it's also the giant bow.

Sutton Ross
#637Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 3:40pm

Well that goes without saying, I think it's apart of her face now, honestly. 

fosterfan2
#638Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 5:55pm

Someone posted on another site that they thought she looked like Mama Rose (aside from the big bow,of course).

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#639Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/9/21 at 2:56pm

Jane Lynch will give a towering performance in this role.

JasonC3
#640Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/9/21 at 3:43pm

If international tourism is a thing again after when this is playing, Karimloo might help with box office. He is very popular in Europe and Asia. Updated On: 10/9/21 at 03:43 PM

adotburr
#641Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 8:15am

Have anyone successfully gotten a refund for this show yet? Just submitted one. I had vacation weeks messed up and I’ll be away the first week in May (my ticket was for the matinee that Wednesday). I’ll most likely grab another ticket for June instead but waiting until they announce if there’s an alternate or not.

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

BrodyFosse123
#642Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 9:16am

adotburr said: "Have anyone successfully gotten a refund for this show yet? Just submitted one. I had vacation weeks messed up and I’ll be away the first week in May (my ticket was for the matinee that Wednesday). I’ll most likely grab another ticket for June instead but waiting until they announce if there’s an alternate or not. "

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Updated On: 10/16/21 at 09:16 AM

adotburr
#643Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 9:33am

BrodyFosse123 said: "adotburr said: "Have anyone successfully gotten a refund for this show yet? Just submitted one. I had vacation weeks messed up and I’ll be away the first week in May (my ticket was for the matinee that Wednesday). I’ll most likely grab another ticket for June instead but waiting until they announce if there’s an alternate or not. "

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
"

And your point is… 

Is it that I had my dates wrong? The comment on the alternate? Or about getting a refund? If you’re not going to answer my question don’t bother replying. 

Updated On: 10/16/21 at 09:33 AM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#644Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 9:49am

Yes, I had no problem getting a refund on an extra ticket by emailing jujamcyn@seatgeek.com. A very helpful agent named Diana handled it quickly.

adotburr
#645Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 9:59am

TaffyDavenport said: "Yes, I had no problem getting a refund on an extra ticket by emailing jujamcyn@seatgeek.com. A very helpful agent named Diana handled it quickly."

Thank you!!!

BrodyFosse123
#646Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 10:34am

Diana at SeatGeek.com:

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Sutton Ross
#647Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 12:53pm

And your point is… 

Is it that I had my dates wrong? The comment on the alternate? Or about getting a refund? If you’re not going to answer my question don’t bother replying. 

Exactly. It's none of his business why you are changing dates. I don't want to see Beanie in the role and I want to see her alternate that can actually sing. Yup. And I make no apologies for it. 

Be useful or be quiet. Part of maturity is realizing not everything requires your comment, especially when people are are much, much older than most on this board now. 

BrodyFosse123
#648Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 1:05pm

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

JasonC3
#649Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/16/21 at 3:56pm

"Part of maturity is realizing not everything requires your comment, especially when people are are much, much older than most on this board now. "

So rich coming from someone who constantly belittles and snaps at people in threads.

Videos