News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 28

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#675Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 5:28pm

All Funny Girl tix/dates were just removed from SeatGeek. I searched directly on the SG site, and also clicked directly from the FG website.. No dates available. “No shows” is all it says. Hmmm… Guess they’re doing some reshuffling. EDIT: They’re back up. 

Updated On: 12/9/21 at 05:28 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#676Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 5:36pm

That would definitely be in step with Taffy's post about them announcing an alternate who probably will do matinees and or Sundays. Adding in that Beanie won't be in certain performances will take some time. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#677Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 5:53pm

Maybe Lea Michele will fill in for Beanie during that time? (doubt it)

I thought Micaela Diamond was a rumor to fill in for Beanie. I hope this is true. 

Sutton Ross
#678Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 5:56pm

An alternate isn't the same as a fill in. And Lea would never do that, she would probably find it insulting. But, I love the thought of Micaela Diamond being her alternate. I guess we'll see. 

gibsons2
#679Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 6:06pm

Sutton Ross said: "An alternate isn't the same as a fill in. And Lea would never do that, she would probably find it insulting. But, I love the thought of Micaela Diamond being her alternate. I guess we'll see."

Yep, not only insulting to Lea and her talent, but I've never seen an alternate who is obviously a superior fit for the role. 

Sutton Ross
#680Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 6:09pm

Right. Lea is a gorgeous singer and actress. I was reminded of that during the amazing Spring Awakening reunion. 

AnnieBlack
#681Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 8:50pm

Count me in with those who got the ‘no beanie’ performances email today 

while I appreciate the heads up, I’m still choosing a refund… canceling performances this early in the run and I’m going to choose to cancel too 

sorry beanie 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#682Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/9/21 at 9:06pm

AnnieBlack said: "Count me in with those who got the ‘no beanie’ performances email today

while I appreciate the heads up, I’m still choosing a refund… canceling performances this early in the run and I’m going to choose to cancel too

sorry beanie
"

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Dan6
#683Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/10/21 at 1:56am

I had tix for 4/30 during my one-week NY trip...figuring a Saturday night in nomination season would be a sure thing...and got the email today. I have my questions about Beanie being right for the role (particularly vocally) but still want to see her performance. FWIW the people at SeatGeek couldn't have been more helpful...I couldn't access the site (apparently others had the same problem) so I called and they did an exchange over the phone for me for 4/26, only one row behind my original Center Mezz seats. And the folks at Telecharge were equally helpful, since I had Paradise Square tix for 4/26 which they allowed me to exchange for my now-open 4/30. Hopefully all the principals will show up for both!

Updated On: 12/10/21 at 01:56 AM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#684Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/10/21 at 12:45pm

I have tickets for April 30th 8pm as well, but didn't get the alert email about Beanie not performing. I got my tickets from SeatGeek. Wonder what's up with that.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Dan6
#685Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/10/21 at 1:52pm

Valentina3 said: "I have tickets for April 30th 8pm as well, but didn't get the alert email about Beanie not performing. I got my tickets from SeatGeek. Wonder what's up with that."

Maybe check your spam folder? I got my tickets from SeatGeek too and got the email yesterday morning. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#686Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/10/21 at 11:36pm

That’s it. The email was in the spam folder.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#687Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/22/21 at 10:22pm

Anyone see Beanie on the Kennedy Center Honors?
Like seriously, how will she get though the Funny Girl score 6 times a week?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#688Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/22/21 at 11:08pm

I’m not a Beanie hater, but this is not her role. Will she have an alternate because I’d see that person.

Sutton Ross
#689Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/22/21 at 11:26pm

She definitely will. I hope it's right away but we might have to wait until the exhaustion sets in like Ben Platt in DEH. 

SouthernCakes
#690Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/22/21 at 11:34pm

But did they think she’d be more of a star than she is after Impeachment? I don’t see this selling well with tourists. But maybe there’s enough interest from us die hards. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#691Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/23/21 at 9:01pm

DramaTeach said: "I’m not a Beanie hater, but this is not her role. Will she have an alternate because I’d see that person."

Same here - just don't see Beanie as Fanny Brice and how's she going to sing that score 6x a week as I doubt she'll be doing it 8x a week! She has such a tiny-soft voice!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Claudia Draper
#692Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 3:30am

The Producers should use the surging omicron number and cancel, It would be an acceptable reason to cancel. 
why start shelling out all the salaries and set building for a dud of a show.  
Bring it back in a year when it might have a chance to win a TONY for revival. No way Beanie beats Sutton, none of the other parts have anything with nominating.
 MUSIC MAN has all the buzz and talent this year, Funny Girl will be one of the stories you hear about.. why did the even try.. 

pmensky
#693Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 4:12am

Claudia Draper said: "The Producers should use the surging omicron number and cancel, It would be an acceptable reason to cancel.
why start shelling out all the salaries and set building for a dud of a show.
Bring it back in a year when it might have a chance to win a TONY for revival. No way Beanie beats Sutton, none of the other parts have anything with nominating.
MUSIC MAN has all the buzz and talent this year, Funny Girl will be one of the stories you hear about.. why did the even try..
"

I’m sure the producers are aware of the risks surrounding Covid and the challenges of winning major awards considering the competition. If things move forward as planned, I’m sure it’s because they, along with their investors, have confidence that the timing is right and the work will meet their expectations.  

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#694Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 4:49am

Tag said: "Anyone see Beanie on the Kennedy Center Honors?
Like seriously, how will she get though the Funny Girl score 6 times a week?
"

I did. Kind of underwhelming compared to the rest of the program. The concept for doing the number was weak and needed a dose of Gavin. Where was he. Frankly I would not have made that particular choice. 

if I had tickets to the revival I probably would be more excited to see Ramin. 

Updated On: 12/27/21 at 04:49 AM

bk
#695Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 4:56am

I don't recall Miss Streisand not doing eight shows a week, nor any of her replacements. They have missed a performance here and there, but this stuff is just so peculiar to this generation. 

pmensky
#696Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 5:57am

bk said: "I don't recall Miss Streisand not doing eight shows a week, nor any of her replacements. They have missed a performance here and there, but this stuff is just so peculiar to this generation."

It is not something new. Actors have always taken absences for other projects and vacations. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#697Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 6:28am

Thats not what the poster is saying.....they are referring to an alternative, with a planned 2 performances off a week.  Their point is that back in the day, no one used an alternate for this role. 

To BK, as roles as become more demanding, vocal health has become more recognized.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

pmensky
#698Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 6:35am

dramamama611 said: "Thats not what the poster is saying.....they are referring to an alternative, with a planned 2 performances off a week. Their point is that back in the day, no one used an alternate for this role.

To BK, as roles as become more demanding, vocal health has become more recognized.
"

Has it been announced that she would be taking 2 shows off per week? The only absence I’ve seen announced so far is 1 performance at the end of April about which they gave ticket buyers over 4 and a half months notice. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#699Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 12/27/21 at 7:42am

bk said: "I don't recall Miss Streisand not doing eight shows a week, nor any of her replacements. They have missed a performance here and there, but this stuff is just so peculiar to this generation."

My first recollection of this matinee alternate was in the late 70s with EVITA.  Prior to that, all actors did the full 8 performances a week schedule.  Streisand did her 8 performances a week and regularly lightened the weight on herself on 2 show days by removing extra verses from several songs during matinee performances.  She had her 2 versions of FUNNY GIRL.  Over her dead body would her understudy go on.  After her original standby Lainie Kazan got glorious reviews when she filled in, Streisand knew others could play Fanny just as good so she made sure to not miss performances.  Lainie was let go from her contract shortly after.   

Videos