News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 25

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#600Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:16pm

I hate that picture and color scheme. Oof. Awful. 

Ramin is great. He's a great singer, but he's wasted here. They should have gone for a star, but I guess even a star wouldn't do this because it's a pretty thankless role. I saw the movie forever ago. So not sure about the stage show. 

I'm more curious to see how Mayer does this. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#601Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:28pm

Lynch is a boring choice. And now for a non sequitur: Why is NicoleKidman doing AMC commercials? It seems beneath her. What is next? Meryl Streep selling VEG-O-MATIC?

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#602Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:31pm

Absolutely hideous poster. Liked the style of the promo but she looked like she was gonna say' Sing out Louise"  and not 'Hello Gorgeous'.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#603Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:32pm

The artwork is very old school Broadway. I don’t hate it but it reminds me of previous artwork and I’m not sure what so it’s kind of bugging me.

VintageSnarker
#604Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:39pm

CATSNYrevival said: "The artwork is very old school Broadway. I don’t hate it but it reminds me of previous artwork and I’m not sure what so it’s kind of bugging me."

Personally, it makes me think of Kander and Ebb. The garish makeup of Cabaret + the bright yellow from The Visit. But I'm sure there's a better reference. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#605Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:44pm

As someone who lives in Oklahoma and has been impacted by the pandemic to point that I’ll probably not make it back to Broadway until 2023 at the earliest, of all the things opening/re-opening, I’m most sad that I may miss this completely.

The movie is one of my top 10 favorites. I actually am excited about Beanie’s casting. Considerably less so about Lynch. But I have to think that Lynch did have to audition and must’ve done a really good job because I can’t see them casting her to put bodies in seats because I don’t think she has that kind of draw. Happy about Ramin.

Hopefully, it’s a big ole hit and I get to see it!!!

P.S. I actually loved the London revival. I saw it after only getting 30 minutes sleep on my overnight flight and it was my first show to see on the West End.

Updated On: 10/7/21 at 11:44 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#606Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 12:18am

I don't mean to imply that she didn't audition, but she didn't end up here on her talents, either. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#607Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 12:35am

This thread will be 437,458 pages of y’all saying the same thing. It really is ok to…not go.

Dolly80
#608Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 12:47am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "This thread will be 437,458 pages of y’all saying the same thing. It really is ok to…not go. "

I totally agree. It’s time for everyone to get the f#%k over it. She’s doing the show. They believe she is worthy to lead a multi million dollar production so either go, or don’t go. 

Dolly80
#609Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 12:49am

RippedMan said: "Yeah I kind of agree with that. And I REALLY hate Nepotism and I know it's all over. Even in sports. Like just cause your dad was a quarterback doesn't mean you'll make a good one? Same with actors. But still the world does it. So I kind of have a chip on my should with her know she comes from a famous family and has famous best friends and that's how she got here. Not a diss to her talent - I liked her in Hello Dolly and Booksmart - but it's not like they did some giant open call and found her. I'm very Eh on this whole revival. Also cause the London version was awful."

You clearly missed the part when it was made clear this isn’t the London production. When they announced different creatives (except the director)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#610Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 10:19am

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

broadway213
#611Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 11:18am

Anyone know if the physical box office is open for tickets? Would love to save on these silly fees. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#612Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 12:02pm

SmoothLover said: "And now for a non sequitur: Why is NicoleKidman doingAMC commercials? It seems beneath her. What is next? Meryl Streep selling VEG-O-MATIC?"

The first time I saw that ad for AMC, well first I had to ask myself, "Hasn't Nicole focused on being a TV star now? I mean there's not a miniseries adaptation of a book she isn't in!"

But then all I could think about was the SNL skit that closed last season, which is basically the same thing:

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Lori Talbert
#613Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 1:00pm

Look at a view from my seat.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#614Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 1:07pm

Lori Talbert said: "Look at a view from my seat."

The website is down at the moment.

Oh look, a bibu!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#615Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 1:09pm

broadway213 said: "Anyone know if the physical box office is open for tickets? Would love to save on these silly fees."

August Wilson Box Office

Monday to Thursday 10AM – 8PM

Friday and Saturday 10AM – 8:30PM

Sunday 12PM – 6PM

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#616Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 3:58pm

Anyone happen to know the phone number for the box office?

If so, thank you kindly.

hls
#617Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 4:27pm

I am curious about the presale through seetgeek.  I have always assumed seekgeek was for resale tickets (like StubHub), so I was surprised when the official page to purchase tickets sent me here.  Is the site legit?  If I wait until tomorrow to purchase tickets (when they go on sale to the general public) will they also be sold through seetgeek or through Telecharge or Ticketmaster?  I wasn't sure if the price would change between the presale and tomorrow.  I always assumed those resale ticket sites were more expensive than going directly through Telecharge or Ticketmaster.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#618Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 4:28pm

SeatGeek is the official seller for jujuamcyn shows

rattleNwoolypenguin
#619Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 4:34pm

I'm very curious, is there a reason a revival took so long to finally happen?

Was it just producers felt that how could you top Babs or something?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#620Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 4:47pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "SeatGeek is the official seller for jujuamcyn shows "

Also, if you go to Tele-Charge or Ticketmaster, they direct you to SeatGeek.com.  

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#621Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 6:10pm

east side story said: "Anyone happen to know the phone number for the box office?"

I believe the box office phone numbers are not for general public use, and as such are not listed publicly. 

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "I'm very curious, is there a reason a revival took so long to finally happen?"

I doubt there's any one single reason. The Lauren Ambrose revival fell through, Gaga presumably couldn't find the time, or wasn't interested, and the hypothetical Lea Michele revival that most people predicted simply didn't happen (some have speculated because of her reputation as a co-worker). And other than that? I'd guess it probably just came down to waiting for the right Fanny. I know many in this thread feel that they STILL haven't found the right Fanny, but clearly these producers disagreed. 

SouthernCakes
#622Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/7/21 at 9:49pm

Yeah. And I’d suspect it’s the London producers already having a production and a team in place. Although it is new creatives here. I’m just not sure Mayer has anything new to add to the piece. Like why now? (Why this sperm? To quote legally blonde)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#623Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 12:43am

First preview is already sold out.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#624Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 10/8/21 at 5:31am

“First preview is already sold out.“

They tend to do that

Videos