News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 32

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#775NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 10:56pm

That line and the scene between Terrence and Ivy were hilarious.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#776NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:00pm

I loved tonight's episode. It's finally becoming dramatic in what it was originally intended to be.....about creating a show instead of what it was (adoption, affairs, peanut poisoning, etc.). Is all of it realistic? No...hence it being a work of fiction....but, it's going in the right direction IMHO.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#777NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:02pm

Tonight's episode was amazing. Probably top 3 in the entire 1 1/2 seasons so far. It's such a shame we [likely] won't see a third season. Smash is one of the few shows I actually look foward to watching on a weekly basis. Still wondering how Hilty ends up back in Bombshell if Liaisons still falls apart.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jacobsnchz14
#778NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:03pm

Really hope more people give the show a chance, whether or not we're already a few episodes in... I don't want it to be one of those shows that gets canceled and has the remaining filmed episodes posted on Hulu or NBC.com or something.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#779NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:05pm

I've never been more embarrassed by my work before, and I was in Urban Cowboy. HILARIOUS! That was the best line all season.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#780NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:06pm

I wonder if they cut the budget somehow if maybe a third season would be possible. or maybe we could see a third season on BRAVO with a major budget cut. I'm looking for something here that could give us a third season. anything.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jacobsnchz14
#781NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:06pm

Also surprised by the surprise "cameo" from Jesse L. Martin... Had no idea he'd be on tonight's episode. And I believe we'll be seeing more of him.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#782NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:11pm

spiderdj82- exactly it is now about Broadway and not all that other personal drama. I don't expect it to be totally realistic and just want to be entertained with good music and storyline about getting show on Broadway.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#783NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:12pm

Oh and I would like to add that I want to cuddle next to Megan Hilty's vocal chords

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

FindingNamo
#784NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:22pm

I just worry that Tom Collins running the Manhattan Theater Workshop portends some type of foreshadowing. But whatever could it beeeee?

I enjoyed the hell out of the episode too. I loved that Derek's dream version of the final number was ever so Lurhmann's La Boheme (OMG MORE FORESHADOWING!). I loved the Sean Hayes and crying Hilty on the staircase. "Allergies? Migraine?"

And big kudos to Veanne for the perfect Urban Cowboy line read.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 3/12/13 at 11:22 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#785NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:24pm

Bloody hell! I missed it!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

mschwager Profile Photo
mschwager
#786NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:28pm

I'm glad we are finally getting somewhere close to a good show plot-wise. I think if they reorchestrate the schedule that it comes out of The Voice, this show may see a third season

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#787NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:32pm

Wonder what rating for tonight would be.

Just wanted to make sure that Veanne was not in Urban Cowboy for real.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#788NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:33pm

It will probably be on Hulu, BorstalBoy.

I thought Derek imagined a very strange wig for Karen in his fantasy. It was worse than Salome's on True Blood, and that was a bad wig.

I really enjoyed the hell out of Megan Hilty's number. It was nice to hear head voice, because I feel like she does so much belting on this. I don't really know the mechanics of music so I hope what I just said made sense. At any rate, it was a part of her voice I feel like we don't hear that often. And that number was so cute, you just see why it got Madeline Kahn a Tony nomination!

Maybe it's all his swagger, but Tom has never looked sexier. And I think he's sexy in the first place.

Why do the Smash cameras hate Jeremy Jordan's face? He always looks so weird on this and they always show that commercial where he looks so cute.

Updated On: 3/12/13 at 11:33 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#789NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/12/13 at 11:52pm

I also enjoyed the episode. I just love Megan and the way she delivered that song.

There's something cute about Borle.

On the negative side- I just don't get Jeremy Jordan. at all.

Sean Hayes' character is WAY over the top and too cartoonish to be anything near a real person. I mean, the show isn't real but doesn't he stand out like a sore thumb?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#790NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:03am

I just listened to Hilty's album, seriously its pretty great. Get it if you can. It's a great break up album.

Updated On: 3/13/13 at 12:03 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#791NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:07am

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

Owen22
#792NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:19am

Are you kidding? This episode was the WORST.

Apparently, in Smash-land, the director is superfluous. A small Fringe production doesn't need one! A star-driven revival would actually have a professional "yes-man" director catering to the backseat directorial whims of said star. And a major Broadway show would think it brilliant to replace a proven, Tony winning director with the show's never-before-directed composer and people would actually think this a "savior" idea.

If I was a director I'd be filing with my guild to sue "Smash" for defamation.

Updated On: 3/13/13 at 12:19 AM

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#793NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:20am

I really think that Hilty could snag an Emmy nod this year.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#794NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:21am

Agree, and a well deserved one at that.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#795NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:47am

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#796NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 12:49am

I'm embarrassed that I didn't know Salome had a wig

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#797NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 2:01am

I actually really enjoy Sean Hayes on this show. All of his scenes with Hilty are hilarious!

This episode and last week's were both fantastic and makes me wish that we will get a third season of more of this kind of drama. I'm excited to see next week's episode. It looks like McPhee will be taking a stab at The National Pasttime and I am VERY interested in seeing how that goes...

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#798NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 4:59am

Sean Hayes isn't really working for me (yeah, this is Smash, and maybe I'm used to characters who are fairly caricatured from the start--with his character I can't tell if he's meant to be just cluless, or severely egotistical, or? I mean to go from wanting Hilty's song cut to moments later agreeing to have it in and wanting to hear how awful he is...) But I did love Hilty's number.

I thought it was the most entertaining show this season. Sure, aspects of the show are perhaps even more unrealistic now--but if they at least keep moving the plot along and adding some tension, meh, I can live with that, I guess.

The Hit List set was very Moulin Rouge/La Boheme and McPhee's wig was horrible. But it was Derek's vision (I imagine) and Iguess that's how he likes his women.

Seemed odd to have Jerry proud to have worked on She Loves Me's revival--didn't it lose money? Hasn't She Loves Me always lost money? Isn't that meant to be the one thing Jerry's shows in Smashland don't do? *shrug*

When I read that Jeremy Jordan was singing a song called This Will Be Our Year I thought it would be another new song, or another cover of a song I just didn't know (like last week's Death Cab for Cutie song)--so I admit I was a bit floored when it was one of my fave 60s songs, a fairly obscure track (that was never a single and only icnluded on some releases after they broke up) by The Zombies.

I know they claimed the cover songs this year would be more creative choices, or something, but if the point of still having one an episode is to sell songs on iTunes, a 60s song by a band most remember as having 2 1/2 hits, if they remember them at all, is kinda odd. (But they're my fave British Invasion badn, so I guess I can't complain--even if Jordan doesn't have Colin Blunstone's voice :P )

Oh and as for Tom's slightly more upbeat version of Marilyn's song--I know I'm overthinking this, but where the heck in the show is it meant to go now? Marilyn comes back from her death scene to offer a lesson to audiences about surviving despite your bad love life?
Zombies - This Will Be Our Year

JohnyBroadway
#799NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/13/13 at 9:14am

I loved last nights episode. They're finally focusing on what it should be, the pure creation of a broadway musical.

Videos