News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 48

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

aaaaaa15
#1175Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:11pm

Jeffrey, I don't think she needs to be in anything other than Harry Potter to be considered a name. At least not until she turns 30 or so.

broadwayboy223
#1176Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:19pm

At least we know why they changed the orignal plans of having the full Broadway score in the movie. There's no way should would have been able to sing it. 

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1177Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:22pm

I want to set the record straight and I saw that Jack Morrissey CONFIRMED on Instagram that Emma Watson is not, I repeat NOT, auto tuned for this movie. That her voice! Her real, genuine voice and to all of you saying she's a terrible actress and singer; shut the **** up! Please! This movie is going to be amazing!!!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1178Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:27pm

So they just autotuned her for the commercial? 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1179Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:37pm

That is not a natural sound. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#1180Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:42pm

broadwayboy223 said: "At least we know why they changed the original plans of having the full Broadway score in the movie. There's no way should would have been able to sing it."

Or maybe they couldn't figure out how to stage the additional Broadway songs cinematically.

broadwayboy223
#1181Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:42pm

Saying she wasn't auto tuned in the commercial is crazy. Anyone with good ears can hear it. I'd welcome to hear it not present in the movie, but if she sounds that with with autotune I can't imagine it without. 

broadwayboy223
#1182Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:44pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "broadwayboy223 said: "At least we know why they changed the original plans of having the full Broadway score in the movie. There's no way should would have been able to sing it."

Or maybe they couldn't figure out how to stage the additional Broadway songs cinematically.

"

I kind of doubt it. I'm sure it was also convenient for Alan Menken to get the opportunity to maybe get another Oscar nomination. 

aaaaaa15
#1183Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:57pm

GreatBroadwayFan said: "I want to set the record straight and I saw that Jack Morrissey CONFIRMED on Instagram that Emma Watson is not, I repeat NOT, auto tuned for this movie. That her voice! Her real, genuine voice and to all of you saying she's a terrible actress and singer; shut the **** up! Please! This movie is going to be amazing!!!"

Don't be ridiculous. That's the most blatant autotune I've heard since Rebecca Black's 'Friday'.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#1184Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 4:21pm

That was such an obvious auto tune they didn't even bother hiding it. One day, all actresses who can't sing will be able to admit a lot of their "singing" was created in the studio without shame. 

Her facial expressions also seem very limited. She hasn't really improved her acting since her Harry Potter days.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1185Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 4:23pm

But, of course, Jack Morrissey would say that. He's the producer. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#1186Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 5:24pm

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Something is really off with the cinematography for me. It looks too fake and CGI (which is understandable but surely they could do something to minimize it). There seems to be a lot of "outside" shots, but it all looks so "shot in a studio" and too computerized for me to feel anything. It all looks so synthetic.

JennH
#1187Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 6:16pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Isn't it funny how SMASH only lived for two seasons, and yet we theatrefolk still make references to it? It knew its demographic, by God

"

HAHAHAAH!! Yep! Why? Because not only did it know it's demographic and cast it appropriately but it's one of the VERY few works in show business ABOUT show business that tells it pretty damn honestly and doesn't make it a stylized farse comedy or a joke and for many reasons (some inexplicable, some not) it knew how to emulate not only the theatre world but also the stereotypes/archetypes of the people who do it...and damn it all, it did it well. 

Hell people didn't even reference Glee the way we continue to reference Smash.

but continuing on with B and the B. 

Updated On: 1/9/17 at 06:16 PM

BroadwayMouth
#1188Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 6:20pm

Scotty, that look is intentional. It's the same sort of heightened reality look that marked Kenneth Brannah's "Cinderella" and the recent "Jungle Book" remake. I think it's the equivalent to all those matte shots in "Mary Poppins" to give the movie a particular feel, removed from reality.

I could hear the autotune, but with or without it, Emma Watson can't sing this score well enough. Both snippets of her singing have made me cringe. This is such a beloved score, and it was sung so well in every other incarnation. I am very curious how critics will respond since her voice is so weak compared to the original.  But, people LOVE Emma Watson, so most will think she is amazing. Personally, I wish they would just post-dub her with someone else; if it's good enough for Audrey Hepburn . . .

The idea of this movie is a remake, same as Disney remaking . . . well, EVERYTHING. It was never intended to be a film version of the stage musical. I really wish it was a film version of the Broadway version because I love those songs so much.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#1189Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 6:38pm

BroadwayMouth said: "Scotty, that look is intentional. It's the same sort of heightened reality look that marked Kenneth Brannah's "Cinderella" and the recent "Jungle Book" remake. I think it's the equivalent to all those matte shots in "Mary Poppins" to give the movie a particular feel, removed from reality.

I could hear the autotune, but with or without it, Emma Watson can't sing this score well enough. Both snippets of her singing have made me cringe. This is such a beloved score, and it was sung so well in every other incarnation. I am very curious how critics will respond since her voice is so weak compared to the original.  But, people LOVE Emma Watson, so most will think she is amazing. Personally, I wish they would just post-dub her with someone else; if it's good enough for Audrey Hepburn . . .

The idea of this movie is a remake, same as Disney remaking . . . well, EVERYTHING. It was never intended to be a film version of the stage musical. I really wish it was a film version of the Broadway version because I love those songs so much.

"

I know its intentional, as all of the Disney live action adaptations have that look no matter who the director or production team behind them were, but I personally hate it. It looks too artificial and not aesthetically pleasing enough to counteract the plastic look of everything. Even Into the Woods had this look. I guess the fact that every film looks like this takes away the need for individual directors as every movie is being directed to be paced, to look, and feel the same. It may be good business and creates a streamline franchise, but I don't know if it's good art. But that's Disney for you.

Updated On: 1/9/17 at 06:38 PM

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#1190Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 6:52pm

GreatBroadwayFan said: "I want to set the record straight and I saw that Jack Morrissey CONFIRMED on Instagram that Emma Watson is not, I repeat NOT, auto tuned for this movie. That her voice! Her real, genuine voice and to all of you saying she's a terrible actress and singer; shut the **** up! Please! This movie is going to be amazing!!!

"

Oh well if he SAID it it MUST be true.

Updated On: 1/9/17 at 06:52 PM

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1191Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 7:05pm

I thought the JUNGLE BOOK looked stunning. And real. It's the fantasy world stuff that Disney seems determined to make look like a video game. I guess thats their audience.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#1192Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 8:07pm

BroadwayMouth said: "The idea of this movie is a remake, same as Disney remaking . . . well, EVERYTHING. It was never intended to be a film version of the stage musical. I really wish it was a film version of the Broadway version because I love those songs so much."

I personally wish we were getting a live television production of the Broadway show on ABC instead of this.

Jamminman
#1193Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 8:23pm

Maybe he isn't lying about there not being Autotune on her voice, but there is DEFINITELY major pitch correction, even if it was another program such as Melodyne.  I really wish they chose someone who could sing better.  I feel like the backgrounds and everything are CGI because the characters are CGI and they will fit in better.  Not excited for this movie at all, but will still see it out of curiosity.  

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1194Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 10:09pm

I want to set the record straight and I saw that Jack Morrissey CONFIRMED on Instagram that Emma Watson is not, I repeat NOT, auto tuned for this movie. That her voice! Her real, genuine voice and to all of you saying she's a terrible actress and singer; shut the **** up! Please! This movie is going to be amazing!!!

You know trying to claim that's her natural voice doesn't help things, in fact it just makes it worse. She's naturally that bad.

JennH
#1195Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 10:23pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "BroadwayMouth said: "The idea of this movie is a remake, same as Disney remaking . . . well, EVERYTHING. It was never intended to be a film version of the stage musical. I really wish it was a film version of the Broadway version because I love those songs so much."

I personally wish we were getting a live television production of the Broadway show on ABC instead of this.

"

I'm personally STILL hoping for that.

broadwayguy91
#1196Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 10:30pm

I actually thought Disney might do this justice because I really loved Into the Woods, the cast vocals in that did not sound artificial . Then again, it is Sondheim and Sondheim sorta writes for actor-singers rather than the other way round. 

In a perfect world Laura Osnes would have been cast as movie Belle. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1197Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/10/17 at 3:03am

broadwayguy91 said: "In a perfect world Laura Osnes would have been cast as movie Belle. "

She's a terrific vocalist but unfortuantely not a movie star.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1198Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/10/17 at 11:32am

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Something is really off with the cinematography for me. It looks too fake and CGI (which is understandable but surely they could do something to minimize it). There seems to be a lot of "outside" shots, but it all looks so "shot in a studio" and too computerized for me to feel anything. It all looks so synthetic.

"

I agree. It feel extremely synthetic. In sound and visuals. It feels like all the life is sucked out of it.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#1199Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/10/17 at 8:14pm

Singers Announced for End Credits Song(s)

Apparently Ariana Grande and John Legend will be featured on the soundtrack!!!

Videos