News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 51

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

jonahke
#1250Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/30/17 at 10:05pm

The new trailer took my breath away, wow! So excited for this movie! (alothough I think they should've used Emma Thompson's version of the title song) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#1251Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/30/17 at 10:30pm

After watching the latest trailer, gotta say the first teaser got me way more excited. Now, not as much. And the Ariana-John title song duet - bleeech. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1252Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/30/17 at 10:47pm

This looks so tacky compared to the animated film.

aaaaaa15
#1253Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/30/17 at 11:46pm

/ Updated On: 10/21/20 at 11:46 PM

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1254Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 1:51am

I could not be more excited for this movie. The original meant so much to me as a child growing up and now all these years later I get to see it in a live action format on the big screen. And to all the haters on this thread saying that Emma Watson is a terrible actress and singer, SHUT THE F**K UP PLEASE!!! Give her a chance!!! This trailer is beautiful, this movie is beautiful and it is going to be incredible!

https://youtu.be/NtYXzAsN0vk

kudelicek
#1255Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 2:21am

The trailer looks amazing. BUT. Why without any favourite song or actor's singing? It's a musical movie! Beauty and the Beast

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#1256Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 11:31am

Interesting to note: Belle asks what happens when the last petal falls, and Cogsworth says that they become antiques. Although they're not slowly morphing into inanimate objects like in the stage version, I wonder if the curse has been altered that they all become inanimate/lifeless when the last petal falls? 

jonahke
#1257Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 11:35am

Who will be the narrator for the opening?

broadwayfreak4 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak4
#1258Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 11:44am

^ Harvey Fierstein.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1259Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 12:14pm

I think it was supposed to be a joke like they will "become" antiques for good.

I thought it was interesting to see a shot of Notre Dame. And the shot of an atlas with fairy dust?? And a longer clip of the 18th century style ball that must be the new prologue.

Really not digging the CGI as seen here. Still not sold yet.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1260Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 12:19pm

The Beast's face is especially bad. They should have used prosthetics. 

aaaaaa15
#1261Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 1:10pm

GreatBroadwayFan said: "I could not be more excited for this movie. The original meant so much to me as a child growing up and now all these years later I get to see it in a live action format on the big screen. And to all the haters on this thread saying that Emma Watson is a terrible actress and singer, SHUT THE F**K UP PLEASE!!! Give her a chance!!! This trailer is beautiful, this movie is beautiful and it is going to be incredible!

https://youtu.be/NtYXzAsN0vk
"

You really need to calm down and learn how to respect the opinions of others.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1262Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 1:55pm

The acting looks quite bad. The CGI looks quite bad.The singing sounds quite bad. 

Not excited yet.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#1263Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 2:20pm

This trailer leads me to believe this is going to be a huge hit.  I really like she said "I'll escape." 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#1264Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/31/17 at 5:40pm

Not sure if anyone uses the app Atom but they are running a promo where all tickets are buy one get one free until 8PM tonight. Just got two IMAX tickets for the Thursday night show for $19 and some change.

Theatre Fan3
#1265Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/1/17 at 10:45am

Looks like they've tried to remain quite faithful to the original ....

Beauty and the Beast Trailer 2 - 1991 vs 2017 Comparison/Side by Side

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1266Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/1/17 at 11:24am

I believe that was a fan edit to create an identical trailer to the 2017 version but for the original.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Theatre Fan3
#1267Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/1/17 at 3:17pm

I realize that it was a fan edit of the original footage, not a trailer from the original ... my point was that the new film seems to have been pretty faithful to the original footage so that fans of the original won't feel like they totally ignored everything about the original that the fans adored.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1268Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/2/17 at 11:30am

Here's the REAL Ariana Grande/John Legend cover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFP0mmE9HE

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1271Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/2/17 at 12:20pm

interested to hear how the orchestral score differs from the original.  Did Menken rework his own score, or has someone else adapted it?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1272Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/2/17 at 12:45pm

Menken has reworked his own score, including a brand-new 3.5 minute overture prior to the main title/prologue.

Looks like "Home" from the Broadway production will be translated into the score. Based on this tracklisting, it is in or around the same spot it would have been but this time as underscoring. https://www.instagram.com/p/BQBDq6CgqOC/

Updated On: 2/2/17 at 12:45 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1273Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/2/17 at 1:05pm

huh, i'm not seeing the preorder on my itunes Beauty and the Beast

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

RW3
#1274Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/2/17 at 1:07pm

The fact that we get a 1:02 min track of just Audra singing makes me very happy.

Videos