News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 4

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#76Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 11:15am

ACL2006 said: "She's gonna sell a ton of tickets! When was the last time Chicago had a celebrity come in and sellout the theater on a regular basis?"

I was gonna say Usher, but maybe Brandy or Jennifer Nettles?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#77Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 11:26am

Wondering if anyone interesting is coming in for Velma and Billy, since Amra-Fay Wright and Tom Hewitt are both leaving on 4/10. 

TaffyDavenport
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#79Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 11:48am

TaffyDavenport said: "Wondering if anyone interesting is coming in for Velma and Billy, since Amra-Fay Wright and Tom Hewitt are both leaving on 4/10."

Nothing official, but it's believed that Lana Gordon is leaving Hadestown to return to Chicago.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MadsonMelo
#80Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 1:50pm

ACL2006 said: "She's gonna sell a ton of tickets! When was the last time Chicago had a celebrity come in and sellout the theater on a regular basis?"

Cuba?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#81Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 2:13pm

MadsonMelo said: "ACL2006 said: "She's gonna sell a ton of tickets! When was the last time Chicago had a celebrity come in and sellout the theater on a regular basis?"

Cuba?
"

He didn't exactly sell much in terms of extra tickets.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TaffyDavenport
#82Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 2:42pm

This pic is giving me "We could have brought anyone into this show: Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul. Pamela Anderson is what Chicago is all about! She's dazzling, she's exciting, and very, very sexy!" If you know, you know.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#83Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 3:22pm

Weird to hear that Anderson is somehow catnip for Gen X gay men. As a Gen X gay man with tons of friends, I've never heard her name mentioned by a single gay man. 

She certainly doesn't look like herself in the pics, so now it will be an unrecognizable Pamela Anderson who every gay man (at least in Manhattan, anyway) will be so desperately eager to see.

Dan6
#84Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 4:04pm

That GMA interview? Oh FFS. I couldn't watch anymore after "Gwen Ver-dahn" and "Ann Ranking." 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#85Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 4:08pm

TaffyDavenport said: "This pic is giving me "We could have brought anyone into this show: Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul. Pamela Anderson is what Chicago is all about! She's dazzling, she's exciting, and very, very sexy!" If you know, you know.

"

I responded with, “you don’t know SH#T!” but it got deleted. I wasn’t attacking anyone, Mods, just quoting a cult classic lol

OhHiii
#86Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 4:22pm

joevitus said: "Weird to hear that Anderson is somehow catnip for Gen X gay men. As a Gen X gay man with tons of friends, I've never heard her name mentioned by a single gay man.

She certainly doesn't look like herself in the pics, so now it will be an unrecognizable Pamela Anderson who every gay man (at least in Manhattan, anyway) will be so desperately eager to see.
"

For someone who's never heard her name mentioned, you seem to know enough to say she "doesn't look like herself" ...what exactly do you think Pam Anderson looks like because these pics are more Pam Anderson than they are Chicago...? 

TaffyDavenport
#87Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 5:54pm

TotallyEffed said: "TaffyDavenport said: "This pic is giving me "We could have brought anyone into this show: Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul. Pamela Anderson is what Chicago is all about! She's dazzling, she's exciting, and very, very sexy!" If you know, you know.

I responded with, “you don’t know SH#T!” but it got deleted. I wasn’t attacking anyone, Mods, just quoting a cult classic lol
"

I appreciate the effort!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#88Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 6:11pm

We obviously have some heterosexual moderators on this board.

TaffyDavenport
#89Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/23/22 at 6:12pm

The "unrecognizable" comment reminds me of this evergreen tweet:

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#90Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/24/22 at 8:57am

Dan6 said: "That GMA interview? Oh FFS. I couldn't watch anymore after "Gwen Ver-dahn" and "Ann Ranking.""

Yup. I did an eye roll at those pronunciations, too.

In the interview, she comes across as both woefully disparate (from the world of Broadway), and sadly desperate to move in *any* kind of direction that might favorably put her back in the public eye.

She haltingly, *almost* says a little bit more than she expected to say, out loud. I believe her when she says, "I'm doing this for me". Unfortunately, that makes me a little bit sad for her.

I don't think I will ever forget the reenactment of her deposition in "Pam & Tommy". I remember what I thought at the time the tape went viral (although I watched to see Tommy, rather than her). That scene completely changed how I view her, and how women, in general, can be treated so heinously. I hope that performing Roxie on Broadway gives something back to her that she seems to need.

teos
#91Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/24/22 at 9:02am

I've never seen Chicago, so this is the perfect opportunity! Do we know her schedule? I want to go on a Tuesday or Thursday. Are they usually in every show?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#92Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/24/22 at 9:25am

Yes, usually....but with someone that has never been on bway (or likely in a stage show, yet alone a musical) who knows if she will physically/vocally be up for it.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#93Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/24/22 at 10:10am

I admire her guts, and yes, she IS Roxie. That the real life parallel isn't lost on her is encouraging. She moves well enough (she was a late eliminee on "Dancing with the Stars"Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO and I suspect could be the kind of "Melanie Griffith" performer in the role who gets surprisingly strong notices, despite having no real musical theatre skills. I'd love to get to see her in the part.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

TaffyDavenport
#94Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/24/22 at 10:52am

After watching the GMA interview and the longer one with Richard Ridge, I'm really rooting for her to do well. Hopefully, she won't let me down like Tiffany did to Tyra...

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#95Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/26/22 at 3:43pm

At the 1:20 mark, she mentions that she’s doing the original choreography.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#96Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/26/22 at 3:46pm

There's no way she's doing the original choreography for "Me and My Baby". Can't remember the last Roxie to do it(this includes Charlotte, Bianca, Dylis, etc.).

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#97Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/26/22 at 4:21pm

Her excitement and eagerness to be great is palpable in all of the interviews she has done so far. I love her enthusiasm.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

musicalmermaid Profile Photo
musicalmermaid
#98Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 12:11am

quizking101 said: "Two of my fraternity brothers, a gay couple from Massachusetts, immediately rang me up with interest and I found some damn good $79 seats from the fourth row orchestra.

So it looks like I’m going May 21st ?‍♂️
"

Hold up - two frat bros who fell in love with each other? Please tell your friends to go option their life rights to a producer, because I need this rom-com musical yesterday.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#99Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 6:03am

OhHiii said: "joevitus said: "Weird to hear that Anderson is somehow catnip for Gen X gay men. As a Gen X gay man with tons of friends, I've never heard her name mentioned by a single gay man.

"

For someone who's never heard her name mentioned, you seem to know enough to say she "doesn't look like herself" ...what exactly do you think Pam Anderson looks like because these pics are more Pam Anderson than they are Chicago...?
"

So reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I said I never heard any gay man mention her or show interest in her, never said I've never heard her named mentioned by anyone. "What do you think Pam Anderson looks like?" Um, the pictures and videos that have been around for years that she in these pics resembles not one bit.

Updated On: 3/27/22 at 06:03 AM

Videos