News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 6

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#126Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:50pm

Can she sing? I mean…sure. She’s not gonna win any prizes for it and she talk sings what she can’t actually sing but I don’t care. I was there to see Pam Anderson, not Celine Dion. I think her dancing skills are stronger than her singing skills but (someone will be able to go into detail) I’m sure they “dumbed down” the choreo. She still did a good job with it and nailed the cartwheel. 

But as I said before, you could feel her nerves holding her back some so even with the singing and dancing, she’ll improve on as she finds her rhythm in the show. 

She got a standing O after “Hot Honey Rag” which visibly surprised her and it looked like she started to tear up, so that was a nice moment. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#128Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:02pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Can she sing? I mean…sure. She’s not gonna win any prizes for it and she talk sings what she can’t actually sing but I don’t care. I was there to see Pam Anderson, not Celine Dion. I think her dancing skills are stronger than her singing skills but (someone will be able to go into detail) I’m sure they “dumbed down” the choreo. She still did a good job with it and nailed the cartwheel.

But as I said before, you could feel her nerves holding her back some so even with the singing and dancing, she’ll improve on as she finds her rhythm in the show.

She got a standing O after “Hot Honey Rag” which visibly surprised her and it looked like she started to tear up, so that was a nice moment.

"

Is it? I don’t know… let’s call that another Seal of Approval from the Cat’ Man. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano
#129Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:08pm

Is what?

And if you love Pam, you’ll love her in this. She makes it hard not to. If you don’t like her than you’re gonna complain about the voice. Like I said, I’m fully prepared for one side loving her and one side hating. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#130Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:21pm

But is she better than Melanie Griffith? 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Jordan Catalano
#131Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:23pm

Pam is gonna be just as divisive as Griffith was, who I like her a lot. I only saw her at the end of her run and I’m told she got much better by then which is something I have no doubt will happen here, as well. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#132Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:24pm

I'm so rooting for Pammie, I just want her to have success. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Jordan Catalano
#133Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:25pm

SAME <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#134Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 10:46pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Is what? "

Nothing... I was just debating whether or not you had given a good enough review. You seemed to lean towards an "okay" response a bit. 

Oh look, a bibu!

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#135Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 11:05pm

I wish she would take that wig off and let it run loose! She looks amazing thou can’t wait for two weeks. Hopefully she shows up

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#136Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 12:21am

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/the-crowd-goes-wild-for-pamela-anderson-in-chicago-on-broadway/

Perfectly captures her performance and the joyous night that was had by all! Can’t wait to go back!

Jordan Catalano
#137Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 12:48am

I love that article. Dude basically said everything I posted about the evening.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#138Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 1:03am

Jordan Catalano said: "Pam is gonna be just as divisive as Griffith was, who I like her a lot. I only saw her at the end of her run and I’m told she got much better by then which is something I have no doubt will happen here, as well."

As opposed to Griffith, I feel that Anderson is so likable that just having her onstage is pure joy. I'm sure that a lot of people are rooting for Pam.

I don't care about good / bad  can / can't  , I just want to enjoy the ride with her.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

A Director
#139Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 2:23am

CHICAGO is the Love Boat of Broadway.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#140Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 8:03am

I am really happy for her.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#141Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 8:05am

A Director said: "CHICAGO is the Love Boat of Broadway."

Oooh, now that you've mentioned it - I would love to see Charo as "Mama Morton". 

BrodyFosse123
#142Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:24am

The across the board media coverage of her first night is insane.  CHICAGO hasn’t had this level of attention in decades.  Hopefully Pamela generated some spark back to the show and we start seeing this level of stunt/star casting again.  This is what keeps shows fresh and make it great to revisit old and tired shows.  Yeah, the tourists have kept the show running and could care less who was in it (enough with these “who is she?” headliners), but make it an EVENT, like Pamela Anderson.  This press will definitely be giving ticket sales a boost.  

And yes, I’m ALL for Charo as Mama Morton and while we’re at it, bring back a past Mama Morton: Sofia Vergara, but headlining as Roxie.  She can carry a tune and who cares if she can’t dance.  She’ll bring a different spark to Roxie. 

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#143Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:36am

Jordan Catalano said: "She got a standing O after “Hot Honey Rag” which visibly surprised her and it looked like she started to tear up, so that was a nice moment."

I'm still effected by that deposition scene in "Pam & Tommy" (if people haven't seen it yet, I hope they'll watch at least that single episode, as it's well acted and written, IMO).

The moment you describe doesn't compensate for how she was treated (assuming that the scene is accurately portrayed), but it does make me feel better to know that she can reclaim some happiness and sense of appreciation. 

Thanks for sharing! laugh

JasonC3
#144Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 10:31am

I know what I am about to suggest is like comparing apples and oranges, or maybe apples and potatoes, but the contrast in comments about Anderson and Feldstein do make me chuckle.

Beanie would kill for the discretion Anderson is getting: she can't really sing, she can't really dance, but she'll get a bit better, and OMG, its Pamela Anderson!

And yes, I know the roles a very different and Chicago has long brought in people for reasons other than their singing and dancing abilities.  It is just that reading both threads is quite the contrast.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#145Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 11:41am

How did Anderson do in her title number "Roxie"? And "Me and My Baby"?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BrodyFosse123
#146Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 11:42am

Pamela Anderson has zero musical theater training.  Her first time on a stage ever in her life and she stepped up to the plate.  If she was able to pull this off on her first time, it’s obvious she’ll improve as the weeks go on and she gets comfortable with the live audience, etc.  

This is Beanie’s second major Broadway musical.  She has musical theater training.  She’s done musicals in various levels in the past.  She knows the drill and what to expect from performing on a Broadway stage.  Did she not learn from watching Bette Midler nightly on how to command a stage?  She’s already 2 weeks into previews and no improvement. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#147Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 11:49am

I bought one of those great $79 front orchestra aisle seats on a lark a few weeks ago for the end of April, but now I just might have to go. She's created the excitement that was missing when the show reopened last September.

Updated On: 4/13/22 at 11:49 AM

Jordan Catalano
#148Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 1:02pm

Also, the merch guy said new Windowcards with that Playbill pic were coming soon. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#149Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/13/22 at 1:40pm

JasonC3 said: "I know what I am about to suggest is like comparing apples and oranges, or maybe apples and potatoes, but the contrast in comments about Anderson and Feldstein do make me chuckle.

Beanie would kill for the discretion Anderson is getting: she can't really sing, she can't really dance, but she'll get a bit better, and OMG, its Pamela Anderson!

And yes, I know the roles a very different and Chicago has long brought in people for reasons other than their singing and dancing abilities. It is just that reading both threads is quite the contrast.
"

Definitely apples and oranges. Chicago has been proven to work as a show and still be quite fun if the Roxie isn’t necessarily a Broadway caliber singer or dancer. The text even suggests she’s not that good. Whereas Funny Girl’s plot hinges on Fanny being extremely talented and she has to deliver, like, 90% of the score. And they’re all songs that are much more difficult than anything Roxie sings. 

Videos