News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 2

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

pmensky
#25Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:25pm

Pants, not pants.

pmensky
#26Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:27pm

Autocorrect likes pants. So be it. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#27Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:41pm

pmensky said: "songanddanceman2 said: "When she did Panto here in the UK she could not sing at all, or dance. I love her, she's an icon but this will be interesting."

HEREshe is singing in the pants. She can carry a tune on pitch. That’s enough for Roxy.
"

Haha watching that and all I can imagine is one of those loud America's Got Talent buzzers going off.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#28Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 1:53pm

Return of the Melanie Griffith choreography? Isn’t there an alternative set of dances? Not used or needed since Broadway’s reopening.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#29Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:16pm

James Monroe Iglehart is leaving Chicago this Sunday.

I repeat: Sacha Baron Cohen - in Borat disguise - as Billy, once Anderson joins. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 3/7/22 at 02:16 PM

pmensky
#30Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:20pm

If they decide to stunt cast Billy, the only choice is the Hoff.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:23pm

I saw Hoff in “9 to 5” in London recently and he had a great time on that stage - it would be incredible if they could make that happen here. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#32Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:28pm

ACL2006 said: "Please, Broadway Gods, do NOT pair her up with Amra Faye-Wright as Velma!!"

Pray hard because it will obviously be her lol

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

pmensky
#33Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:29pm

Another good match for Billy, and another 90s throwback, would be Ricky Martin.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#34Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 2:33pm

I'd be surprised if there is more than one stunt performer. The Weisslers are el cheapo.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

fbueller
#35Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:03pm

Haha watching that and all I can imagine is one of those loud America's Got Talent buzzers going off."

“Yeah, that’s going to be a N-O for me, dawg!”

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#36Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:06pm

Whatever happened to the winner of the Roxie contest? Are they just not going to let her join the show?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

rattleNwoolypenguin
#37Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:10pm

it can not be understated- Lily James is doing a brilliant warm human performance as Pamela. 

Easily one of the best "actor plays a famous person" embodiments I've ever seen.

BCfitasafiddle
#38Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:21pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Whatever happened to the winner of the Roxie contest? Are they just not going to let her join the show?"

I keep forgetting that happened...

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#39Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:36pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Whatever happened to the winner of the Roxie contest? Are they just not going to let her join the show?"

Kind of a crappy –– if completely unsurprising –– situation. The purpose of the contest was obviously to attempt to generate some buzz for the show and the newcomer in what would probably only be a 2-week run. But now that is long forgotten. Who knows if she even had a proper contract guaranteeing X number of playing weeks during X period of time.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#40Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 4:38pm

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 3/7/22 at 04:38 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 5:55pm

pmensky said: "songanddanceman2 said: "When she did Panto here in the UK she could not sing at all, or dance. I love her, she's an icon but this will be interesting."

HEREshe is singing in the pants. She can carry a tune on pitch. That’s enough for Roxy.
"

She has to be better than Griffith, right?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#42Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 6:05pm

I just found out about this new casting.  I really don't know what to think of this news.  I wish that the producers would go ahead and give Emma Pittman her duly earned chance to shine.  Maybe they can pair Pamela Anderson with a veteran like Terra C?  There really aren't many Velma veterans who are available to work with P.A.  Ultimately, I hope that this casting choice winds up being a good choice.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

hearthemsing22
#43Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 6:18pm

I don’t know quite what to think…but unless I see the show I’m not saying “omg this was a horrible decision”. 

Although I do wish they’d give Emma Pittman her LONG OVER DUE RUN. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#44Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 6:52pm

Two of my fraternity brothers, a gay couple from Massachusetts, immediately rang me up with interest and I found some damn good $79 seats from the fourth row orchestra.

So it looks like I’m going May 21st 🤦‍♂️ 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 6:54pm

I had to get multiple sets of tickets for this. I seriously can’t wait. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#46Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 8:11pm

Does anyone know if she is doing all the performances?

Ke3
#47Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 8:35pm

everythingtaboo said: "I AM SO IN!

But also, a bit worried. She's known lately for being a bit non-committal so I do worry that for some reason this will fall through. But I'm also gonna buy tickets anyway!
"

This is honestly what surprised me the most about this. She hasn't really seemed interested in any major spotlight since the mid-2000s. Still can't wait to see the clips.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#48Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/7/22 at 11:49pm

Jordan Catalano said: "If the Broadway Gods knew how to do it, they’d pair her with Gina Gershon."

This is the last thing I want to see before I die.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#49Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/8/22 at 3:57am

The Pam and Tommy show is quite well done, although it could have easily been condensed into a movie. Pam is by far the most sympathetic and interesting character in it and Lily James is SCARY good. But the whole thing, unfortunately, is clouded by Pam’s disapproval. Because they make the violation and lack of consent the central theme, them carrying on without Pam’s permission makes it feel pretty hollow. 

Anyhow, this casting news has me so excited! I’m debating whether I should buy a ticket for her opening night. While I’m sure the excitement will be palpable, I’m worried she might end up needing more rehearsal time and need to postpone. Or if everything goes according to schedule, she might need some shows under her belt to settle in. A conundrum.

Videos