News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO- Page 5

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#100Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 9:46am

I remember when Griffith went in, and the general board anticipation was raised eyebrows. She got a qualified rave from Brantley, and those who saw her said she so captured the character, the shortfalls in singing and especially dancing didn't matter. I'm curious about that, since to me this show remains a dancing piece. Is there specific adjusted choreography that is revived with the non-dancers? Can we assume Anderson will use that, particularly with Velma in the finale? I saw the show again on the famous re-launch night of 9/14, and it's a helluva opportunity for genuine triple threats. But people do enjoy it with these, ahem, musical theater skill-challenged stars. It's the kind of show and production that folds them in.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#101Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 3:34pm

I’m surprised as many people on here are looking forward to Anderson. She’s never been a good actress and this part will demand a lot from her in fields where she’s not qualified. Not trying to disparage her, but I just don’t know where this confidence and excitement comes from.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#102Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 3:45pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "I’m surprised as many people on here are looking forward to Anderson. She’s never been a good actress and this part will demand a lot from her in fields where she’s not qualified. Not trying to disparage her, but I just don’t know where this confidence and excitement comes from."

Let's see how she can handle the demand for doing 8 performances a week as she's been known for being notoriously late and not disciplined.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#103Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 3:49pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "Not trying to disparage her."

Really?

Non sibi sed patriae

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#104Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 4:07pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "I’m surprised as many people on here are looking forward to Anderson. She’s never been a good actress and this part will demand a lot from her in fields where she’s not qualified. Not trying to disparage her, but I just don’t know where this confidence and excitement comes from."

Well I think it’s more that people (myself included) want to see her succeed, not necessarily that we’re certain that she will. The excitement comes from rooting for an underdog. Pam’s also been a celebrity for awhile now, so some of us can’t help but be invested in her story. And it’s worth noting that Pam and the way she’s been treated by the media and public throughout the years are being re-examined in this moment. Largely because of the Hulu series based on her life, but also just because attitudes toward women, sex, consent, fame, media, etc. are in a different place now than at her peak fame. So if she manages to have a success in this show, it provides a kind of happy and satisfying ending. And the parallels between her life story and what Roxie goes through make the whole thing a lot more fascinating than the typical stunt casting that goes on at Chicago.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#105Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 4:54pm

As well, I admire and respect Pamela Anderson both for her vegan lifestyle and for her animal rights activism.  Thank you, Miss Anderson!

Non sibi sed patriae

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#106Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 5:12pm

Highland Guy said: "ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "Not trying to disparage her."

Really?

"

Where did I say any personal attack? I’m just repeating a truth, she’s never been considered a decent actor, and placing such a performer in a Broadway show that calls for a triple threat night after night is more than enough to give pause.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#107Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 6:41pm

Got my tickets for the 28th. Hopefully she shows up. The box office said I can get a refund if she's out. Btw....The man with the painted finger nails was down right rude. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#108Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 7:15pm

huntress said: "quizking101 said: "Two of my fraternity brothers, a gay couple from Massachusetts, immediately rang me up with interest and I found some damn good $79 seats from the fourth row orchestra.

So it looks like I’m going April 24th ?‍♂️
"

Hold up - two frat bros who fell in love with each other? Please tell your friends to go option their life rights to a producer, because I need this rom-com musical yesterday.
"

I’m part of a gay/queer/trans-male oriented fraternity, so this isn’t entirely a foreign concept (at least to me lol)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#109Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 7:32pm

joevitus said: "Weird to hear that Anderson is somehow catnip for Gen X gay men. As a Gen X gay man with tons of friends, I've never heard her name mentioned by a single gay man.

She certainly doesn't look like herself in the pics, so now it will be an unrecognizable Pamela Anderson who every gay man (at least in Manhattan, anyway) will be so desperately eager to see.
"

True - far from being catnip for gx gay men! 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#110Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/27/22 at 9:08pm

One trait I always admired about Pamela is her self-awareness and her deprecating humor.  She is fully aware of her persona and her limitations.  She’s never thought of herself a great actress nor expected to ever be considered as such.  The projects she’s chosen in her body of work playfully poked fun at her blonde bombshell persona: V.I.P., the film BARBWIRE, etc.  She and the audience are aware of the similarities between her tabloid life and Roxie Hart’s.  There’ll be a huge wink between her and the audience when she utters “I’m older than I ever intended to be.”  Her “Roxie” monologue will be one for the ages.  And you can quote me on that.  She’s not playing Roxie as if it’s the do-or-die of her acting abilities. Melanie Griffith and countless actresses played the role with fun and zero dancing and singing abilities.  The role can be adjusted to suit the performer and has… successfully.  Pamela can move, so she has that to help her over others who can’t dance.

troynow
#111Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 3/29/22 at 8:24pm

Very excited about her!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#112Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 3:02pm

Anyone plan on being there for her debut this evening?

fbueller
#113Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 3:22pm

Would love to see Pam in the role!

BrodyFosse123
#114Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 3:40pm

fbueller said: "Would love to see Pam in the role!"

What’s stopping you?  She’s doing the show thru June 2022.  It’s not a one-night-only performance.  

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#115Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 4:21pm

Yes, but she was also much younger and may have matured significantly. She seems very down to earth and like someone else said, aware of her own limitations.

BrodyFosse123
#116Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 4:32pm

Anderson NEVER took herself seriously and fully embraced the persona people saw her as.  Her self-awareness is quite fetching and she’s successfully created and produced projects poking fun at herself.  She’s even addressed the similarities of her own life with the whole CHICAGO storyline so its quite obvious she’ll be infusing her performance with little winks to Roxie and her own life.  She nor anyone ever implied she’s a great actress so it’s amusing when this implication is tossed in.

Updated On: 4/12/22 at 04:32 PM

BrodyFosse123
BrodyFosse123
Observation
#119Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 7:34pm

I also don't know about anyone here, but Pamela was always my go to answer when I was a closeted little boy and would be asked what kind of girls I liked. It was always an answer that I knew would get the other person to agree and move on.

So I've always had an affinity towards her in that regard. 

After watching her on The View, finding out her sons will be producing her documentary and are the ones who encouraged her to take this on, I love that after all the nasty things people said about her, the thing that means the most to her are her family values. Everyone loves a redemption story. 

In terms of what I'm expecting when I see her, I see her giving taking this very seriously and will give it her absolute best (not derogatory!) and she's going to tell the story in a way that only Pamela Anderson could. I don't expect her singing or dancing to be top notch (I don't think it will disrespectfully bad), but I do know she is continuously going to put in the work and her charm will take over. 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#120Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 8:04pm

That Playbill is gorg! 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#121Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 8:22pm

She’s exactly what I thought she’d be and I’m LIVING FOR IT. My friend used the word “adorable” and I totally agree. The audience here is 1000% behind her and supporting her every breath. She’s a bit timid and unsure in some parts but as she gets used to it and realizes that the audience wants her to succeed, I think she’ll be more comfortable. It’s gonna be that real divisive casting though where I know some will say it’s the worst thing ever and others will shout to the sky how genius it is. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#122Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:13pm

But can she sing and dance?

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#123Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:15pm

Yeah, that's what I want to know. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#124Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:18pm

Eagerly awaiting a review...

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos