News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)

Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:15am

Booth Theatre starting March 2025

Directed by Danya Taymor. Presale begins November 19

https://johnproctoristhevillain.com/

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 10/17/24 at 09:15 AM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#2Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:22am

Had to Google, another stranger thing kid. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:37am

inception said: "Had to Google, another stranger thing kid."

Thank you for this valuable insight. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#4Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:41am

Cool! More new, exciting plays on Broadway! I’m in.

Quickly browsing for this on Google, it looks like it’s been done quite a bit, regionally. I wonder if they’ll try to cast another name or two to make this something people would want to see for 2-3x what they’d pay at a regional house.

theatergoer3
#5Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:42am

I remember seeing this rumored pre Tony’s.

I have to assume that unless we have some surprise closures/fall shows that doesn’t succeed quickly, we’re almost fully booked for the spring. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#6Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:45am

Kad said: "inception said: "Had to Google, another stranger thing kid."

Thank you for this valuable insight.
"

Child star of Broadway’s ANNIE and THE AUDIENCE!

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#7Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:50am

Love when a play can sort of make a surprise announcement like this for Broadway. Always down to see Sadie Sink, she's wonderful.

As for the season, I think Dead Outlaw is probably the only musical left to announce. It will likely take one of the two remaining opening nights left in the final week of Tony eligibility. Next to Normal it seems, is holding off on transferring until next season. Then there's probably room for one more play to come in (and as we see in this example today, plays can come together much quicker than musicals). So yes, the season is nearly complete!

nativenewyorker2
#8Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:53am

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Love when a play can sort of make a surprise announcement like this for Broadway. Always down to see Sadie Sink, she's wonderful.

As for the season, I think Dead Outlaw is probably the only musical left to announce. It will likely take one of the two remaining opening nights left in the final week of Tony eligibility. Next to Normal it seems, is holding off on transferring until next season. Then there's probably room for one more play to come in (and as we see in this example today, plays can come together much quicker than musicals). So yes, the season is nearly complete!
"

Smash hasn't announced yet,

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:56am

theatergoer3 said: "I have to assume that unless we have some surprise closures/fall shows that doesn’t succeed quickly, we’re almost fully booked for the spring."

From my viewpoint there’s still lots of unknowns for the spring!

The JEJ and Music Box have no announced spring shows.

There’s also a very good chance that 4/6 of these houses will be avail for spring: Palace, Lunt, Belasco, Longacre, Studio 54, Winter Garden. We don’t know what’s up with Oh Mary at the Lyceum either.

Smash, BVSC, Glengarry, Dorian, and Good Night & Good Luck need houses (all will likely end up at Shubert-owned venues). Plus things like Motive and the Cue and some other shows quietly circling.

Updated On: 10/17/24 at 09:56 AM

KevinKlawitter
#10Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:58am

So a Stranger Things star is going to lead a play on Broadway at the same time as the Stranger Things play will be playing on Broadway

Updated On: 10/17/24 at 09:58 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#11Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 9:59am

Sure Smash hasn't announced yet, but we all know it's happening. It will announce the Imperial shortly. Same with Good Night and Good Luck...it's not "official" yet, except it's definitely happening. I was just talking about the more unknown quantities which have not made any public declarations of a Broadway production yet.

Falsettolands
#12Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 10:00am

A brilliant new play. And if there's anyone that can make the intimacy still work on a scale that large, it's Danya Taymor. Gotta dust off Melodrama for this so I can attempt to relive seeing that incredible ending again.

I'm waiting for it, that green light, I WANT IT!

MemorableUserName
#13Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 10:11am

I've never seen Stranger Things. I mostly know her as Brendan Fraser's daughter in the movie version of The Whale.

quizking101
#14Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 10:19am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "theatergoer3 said: "Smash, BVSC, Glengarry, Dorian, and Good Night & Good Luck need houses (all will likely end up at Shubert-owned venues). Plus things like Motive and the Cue and some other shows quietly circling."

BVSC is going into the Schoenfeld in February. It’s already on sale

https://buenavistamusical.com/

Also, Real Women Have Curves is eyeing a theatre as well, having just announced dates

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#15Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 10:52am

ColorTheHours048 said: "Cool! More new, exciting plays on Broadway! I’m in.

Quickly browsing for this on Google, it looks like it’s been done quite a bit, regionally. I wonder if they’ll try to cast another name or two to make this something people would want to see for 2-3x what they’d pay at a regional house.
"

Yes, Studio Theatre in DC did a production two years ago.  Having seen it once, it is a play I have no desire to see again.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#16Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:13pm

I have read the play, and it is excellent. That said, getting people to see this, even with a semi-famous actress in the lead, is going to be tough. They really need to get a couple other name actors to join her above the title. The male lead (a teacher in his thirties or forties) should be easy to cast with another well known film actor.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#17Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:18pm

Sadie Sink has 25 million Instagram followers, she is quite famous.

quizking101
#18Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:35pm

TotallyEffed said: "Sadie Sink has 25 million Instagram followers, she is quite famous."

I mean, being heavily followed on Instagram is kinda like being rich in Monopoly money, but okay.

TotallyEffed
#19Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:41pm

quizking101 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Sadie Sink has 25 million Instagram followers, she is quite famous."

I mean, being heavily followed on Instagram is kinda like being rich in Monopoly money, but okay.
"

Nope, that's cold hard cash. The two leads of Romeo + Juliet have about 8 million followers between the two of them and if you check the grosses you'll note that they have sold every ticket and then some. Social media is a very powerful tool, especially for younger fans. I'm not saying this play will sell out, I was simply noting that with the major cultural success of Stranger Things, Sadie Sink is known by a lot of people. But okay.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#20Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:43pm

With Sadie Sink, it's really a question if her fanbase demographic (most of whom are quite young) will turn out to pay full-price for this. I don't know the answer to that. ROMEO & JULIET may be hitting a similar demoraphic, and those sales have pleasantly surprised me.

Another question I don't know the answer to: Being that it's been licensed quite a bit following its world premiere, will it be considered a Revival due to the "classics" rule? Or, like PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC (which was licensed at least twice between off-bway and bway), will it be considered new? I would hope it's considered new, but I don't know. To use licensing as the deciding factor is, in a way, discouraging playwrights from making a living if they want their play to be considered "new" -- especially if commercial producers weren't attached 3 years ago at the time of the premiere.

Updated On: 10/17/24 at 02:43 PM

Broadway61004
#21Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:45pm

TotallyEffed said: "Nope, that's cold hard cash. The two leads of Romeo + Juliet have about 8 million followers between the two of them and if you check the grosses you'll note that they have sold every ticket and then some. Social media is a very powerful tool, especially for younger fans. I'm not saying this play will sell out, I was simply noting that with the major cultural success of Stranger Things, Sadie Sink is known by a lot of people. But okay."

Two big differences between R + J and this, though:

1) R + J is a known property, whereas no one has heard of this brand new play yet.

2) This will be running at the same time as the Broadway version of Stranger Things. Will Stranger Things fans choose to see Stanger Things or a play starring someone from the show?

TotallyEffed
The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#23Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 2:53pm

I suspect that the majority of Sadie Sink’s Instagram followers cannot afford Broadway prices on their own, some may not even be old enough to be by themselves in NYC…but I hope it does well.

Although there have been regional productions, licensing outside of educational institutions has been mostly restricted for a couple of years now - I am assuming for the very specific reason ofTony Award eligibility as they worked to get it to Broadway.

bigbelterbaby
#24Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 3:14pm

The real name people should be excited for is Danya Taymor. Her creative choices are amazing. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

nativenewyorker2
#25Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 3:29pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Sure Smash hasn't announced yet, but we all know it's happening. Itwill announce the Imperial shortly. Same with Good Night and Good Luck...it's not "official" yet, except it's definitely happening. I was just talking about the more unknown quantities which have not made any public declarations of a Broadway production yet."

I heard George Clooney and the lead of Smash both drank a milkshake with ingredients they are allergic to, had to drop and the productions are no longer happening. Hence why no announcement.

Latest Posts

Videos